Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 02:54 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I do NOT believe this
if cops were so wild eyed crazy racist they would not be putting their lives on the line every day
give me a frigging break!!!
You seem to be basing your opinion off of a false premise. People in the military put their lives on the line and there is concrete proof that "some" military personnel as well as veterans are racist. A job doesn't indicate someone's personal opinion on race in any way... But nice try...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 02:58 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The solution is simple, pull officers out of black communities and put them in white communities.
The solution isn't simple. If it was, do you think there would be this ongoing problem with discrimination by law enforcement? You might not agree with how America is, but we as a nation, do not segregate by law anymore. Most people aren't looking for the police to just get up and go; we would like the few bad apples in law enforcement to be held accountable for their actions... Nothing more, nothing less...

Old 12-23-2014, 03:07 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Reading the responses thus far.....this is what blows my mind. How can people on one hand admit that racism does exist, yet, on the other hand are always denying things that blacks say are because of racism? I think many people of today do not realize that they are replicating the patterns of whites in the past. In the 60's, whites in the south were arguing that blacks were happy with their condition. As far as they were concerned, they (the whites) were no way in the wrong and black people in the South were being made to be unhappy as a result of northern agitators (freedom riders). Many white people today have that same level of ignorance and or denial about reality. The only racism that white people will acknowledge is the racism of the white people who are now dead. They look back and say "yeah...THEY were racist...but they are all dead now". White society cannot see its racism in the present tense.....and will not see its racism in the present tense. It seems that it will always require the next generation of whites looking back at the previous generation....for white society to admit that an era was racist. This era is no different, in 60 years middle aged whites in 2075 will note the white racism of 2015.....but then say...."they are all dead and gone now"

Old 12-23-2014, 04:02 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Very interesting perspective. Mayor Bill De Blasio is being taken to task for speaking out about some of the bad apples that are causing problems in NY's police force...

Off Duty Black Officers In New York Say They Fear Fellow Cops
Not good.

I would have to think that the majority of NYPD cops are not that way. However, it only takes a relatively few bad apples to allow those kinds of attitudes to exist.

Part of New York's strength has always been its ability to successfully blend many ethnicities.

Old 12-23-2014, 04:10 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
Quote:
You seem to be basing your opinion off of a false premise. People in the military put their lives on the line and there is concrete proof that "some" military personnel as well as veterans are racist. A job doesn't indicate someone's personal opinion on race in any way... But nice try...
Quote:
The solution isn't simple. If it was, do you think there would be this ongoing problem with discrimination by law enforcement? You might not agree with how America is, but we as a nation, do not segregate by law anymore. Most people aren't looking for the police to just get up and go; we would like the few bad apples in law enforcement to be held accountable for their actions... Nothing more, nothing less...

Couldn't rep you but .

Old 12-23-2014, 04:15 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I do NOT believe this
if cops were so wild eyed crazy racist they would not be putting their lives on the line every day
give me a frigging break!!!
I don't buy this either. Just more BS from Liberal HuffPro.

I'd bet Al Sharpton ghost wrote that article.

Old 12-23-2014, 04:24 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times
Quote:
Very interesting perspective. Mayor Bill De Blasio is being taken to task for speaking out about some of the bad apples that are causing problems in NY's police force...

Off Duty Black Officers In New York Say They Fear Fellow Cops
How many were the victims of racial profiling by other Black cops though? Statistically there is no difference between a Black cop and a White cop in terms of profiling, shootings, arrests, etc. None. Also no difference between gays, or women, or Asians either. All cops deal with the same criminals and end up weary of people who look/act like them.

Old 12-23-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I don't buy this either. Just more BS from Liberal HuffPro.

I'd bet Al Sharpton ghost wrote that article.

Well...I was listening to a radio show on XM radio over a week ago and they had former and current black officers, the current remained anonymous, who said the same thing. The black female officers said that she goes along with their racism and does not report them because SHE NEEDS THEM TO HAVE HER BACK ON THE STREETS!!!!

Old 12-23-2014, 04:49 PM

963 posts, read 689,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Reading the responses thus far.....this is what blows my mind. How can people on one hand admit that racism does exist, yet, on the other hand are always denying things that blacks say are because of racism? I think many people of today do not realize that they are replicating the patterns of whites in the past. In the 60's, whites in the south were arguing that blacks were happy with their condition. As far as they were concerned, they (the whites) were no way in the wrong and black people in the South were being made to be unhappy as a result of northern agitators (freedom riders). Many white people today have that same level of ignorance and or denial about reality. The only racism that white people will acknowledge is the racism of the white people who are now dead. They look back and say "yeah...THEY were racist...but they are all dead now". White society cannot see its racism in the present tense.....and will not see its racism in the present tense. It seems that it will always require the next generation of whites looking back at the previous generation....for white society to admit that an era was racist. This era is no different, in 60 years middle aged whites in 2075 will note the white racism of 2015.....but then say...."they are all dead and gone now"
I'm sorry, but the ONLY people on the planet who do this with no end in sight are blacks. They just can't shut up about being "oppressed" and "victims." I think this is all to mask "your" (as a group) inability to succeed unless you're getting some payoff or handout from your GODvernment.

You have THE most self destructive cultures o the planet. Muslim Arabs are a close second, but at least they have a foundational set of morals that keep them in line.

You really need to do some deep self-examination and consider the possibility that it is your own culture and immorality and your tolerance of the violent and criminal element in your midst that keeps such a large percentage of your population in poverty.

I know it's too ridiculous to even consider, but MAYBE the way others (whites, Hispanics, Asians, Arabs, Indians) view blacks just MAY be because of their past experience with blacks.

I have an Indian friend who owns a convenience store. He really doesn't like blacks in his store. They steal They fight and argue over everything and are very disruptive to his business. It's like that in the rental business too.

And maybe consider why nobody wants to live in a mostly balck area. Even the blacks who achieve some success flee those areas. They are always dangerous, violent and crime ridden. NOTHING can prosper in those ghettos because of the "morality" and culture of the residents.

The hard truth is that YOU are responsible for the way others perceive "you" as a group.

Old 12-23-2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
I'm sorry, but the ONLY people on the planet who do this with no end in sight are blacks. They just can't shut up about being "oppressed" and "victims." I think this is all to mask "your" (as a group) inability to succeed unless you're getting some payoff or handout from your GODvernment.

You have THE most self destructive cultures o the planet. Muslim Arabs are a close second, but at least they have a foundational set of morals that keep them in line.

You really need to do some deep self-examination and consider the possibility that it is your own culture and immorality and your tolerance of the violent and criminal element in your midst that keeps such a large percentage of your population in poverty.

I know it's too ridiculous to even consider, but MAYBE the way others (whites, Hispanics, Asians, Arabs, Indians) view blacks just MAY be because of their past experience with blacks.

I have an Indian friend who owns a convenience store. He really doesn't like blacks in his store. They steal They fight and argue over everything and are very disruptive to his business. It's like that in the rental business too.

And maybe consider why nobody wants to live in a mostly balck area. Even the blacks who achieve some success flee those areas. They are always dangerous, violent and crime ridden. NOTHING can prosper in those ghettos because of the "morality" and culture of the residents.

The hard truth is that YOU are responsible for the way others perceive "you" as a group.
Paraphrasing....to mask "our" (the group's) inferiority to whites....and others.

Thank you!!! See...that was not so hard was it? Just spit out your racism...ie...black inferiority beliefs. This is what I have been saying all along about the root of white society beliefs (black inferiority) and whites generally beat all around the bush to avoid the epiphany that they are racist.....if it is indeed an epiphany to them (it is when the racism is subconscious and not conscious). You, carlbenator, have that good ole fashioned ignorance....the type that does not try to hide it with PC to avoid SOUNDING (lol) like a racist.

White society is hell bent on avoiding moral injury from the recognition that "It" is still RACIST.

Disclaimer: What is true for the WHOLE is not assumed to be true for all its parts. I say this so some idiot does not say that I am saying ALL whites are this way. Example: America voted Obama into the office of the Presidency.......but that does not mean that all Americans voted for Obama....now does it?

You would make one hell of a NYC or Ferguson, MO police officer!

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 12-23-2014 at 05:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies