Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 04:11 PM

963 posts, read 689,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
You're right about this. They published this golden nugget after the racist Jew exec Amy Pascal's e-mails about Obama. They had to soften her image a bit, so they came out with this one.
Yep. That was the plan. Probably part of the deal she made upon receiving absolution from "Rev" Sharpton.

Old 12-24-2014, 04:18 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Yep. That was the plan. Probably part of the deal she made upon receiving absolution from "Rev" Sharpton.
LOL> Then Obama opened up his big mouth and said that it was a mistake not to show the movie. This gave them some cover to open it up in limited releases around the country. Hooray, they're making $$ again on a movie that would been a box office dud.

Old 12-24-2014, 04:46 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Rush's comments was more than likely just meant to stir up the liberal rabble.

What do you mean a Black man can't be James Bond, how dare you! Dats Wascist!

Lets now start casting White dudes in the role of Shaft.

Can you dig it?

Old 12-24-2014, 04:54 PM

801 posts, read 1,104,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I beg to differ. Ian Flemming created Jame Bond, who was a Scotsman. He was white. In nearly all the Bond movies, Bond was played by Sean Connery. Connery was the perfect Bond character.

Sorry. A black man simply cannot be James Bond. It wasn't who Bond was. Period. It wouldn't be convincing, nor would it be an accurate portrayal of the Bond character.
Which makes me ask the question: What does it mean to be Scottish? Is Scottish a racial designation, and ethnicity, or a nationality? Really? If Scottish is a nationality then certainly there are black Scots. Now that is all relevant to the whole "hypenated American" slur that black people get mugged with by militant righties when they call themselves African American. Way......confusing.

But let me take El Rushbo (can white RUSH be an El ?) seriously and declare that since blacks are indeed fictional then biographical portrayals of black folks should be played by - guess what - other fictional characters. So how about casting cartoon characters to represent blacks in movies. Sounds good to me!

Crazy is just raining down from the sky.

Old 12-24-2014, 04:57 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,155 times
Can White actors play famous fictional Black characters? Would anyone allow it? Could Shaft be played by a White actor? No. Black people would be up in arms.

If there's going to be a role for a Black man, then make a new character. There's no reason to hijack a well known White character. It usually ends up bombing anyway. Look what happened to Annie and The Wild Wild West.

Old 12-24-2014, 05:00 PM

801 posts, read 1,104,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Rush's comments was more than likely just meant to stir up the liberal rabble.

What do you mean a Black man can't be James Bond, how dare you! Dats Wascist!

Lets now start casting White dudes in the role of Shaft.

Can you dig it?
Sure, why not? Afterall, if black people are fictional and Shaft is black then Shaft is fictional. What do they call that property in math? The associative property? The identity property? Help me out here math wizzes.

Old 12-24-2014, 05:02 PM

963 posts, read 689,763 times
The Yahoo article already decided THAT would also be "RACIST!" "How dare white people even think to erase blacks frem successful roles on the big screen!"

Old 12-24-2014, 05:05 PM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
I tend to agree that Idris Elba shouldn't be James Bond. He's a great actor and I am a fan of The Wire, but I just can't see him as James Bond. He could be a Double-0 for sure, but just not Bond. For many, if not most, Bond is a white male. I don't think this is too controversial but is sure to stir debate among Bond fans from all over.

I'd compare this to casting a white Shaft.
Or a white Mike Tyson? A black Pres Bush lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies