Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 10:11 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,180,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
What would I do for 38 million? I wouldn't do anything that goes against my values, and if that meant lying or being very selective about what truths I share, I would not do it. I label myself as liberal, but I'm not so arrogant to assume liberals are the only ones who are ever right.

But really, for what Rush is doing, he shouldn't be given 38 million. His talk show is an opinion show. It doesn't require any basis in fact, so little journalism is actually required, which leads me to believe little work is actually required. I won't comment on the validity of his opinion, though he clearly hasn't a clue what an actual communist president would look like, but the fact remains that his show is just his thoughts. Getting paid 38 million just to share your thoughts is not reasonable.

There's literally no way you actually thought this was what he was asking you. You know what he meant, but deliberately ignored the actual question; which is fine, but you still responded...
I don't listen to Rush.

If his radio show earns enough money from advertisers to pay him that much - so be it.

I don't think Peyton Manning is worth his pay - and I like him a lot. But people watch NFL games because of him and his team wins more games.

Beyonce is massively overpaid. Her product (music-kinda) isn't journalism either. She shares her thoughts via music. But people buy her music so I can't begrudge how much money she makes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2015, 10:42 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
You've mentioned that liberals attack America three times above. What is wrong with universal medical care? What about the minimum wage? Shouldn't working people rewarded for working by being above the poverty line? Shouldn't working people have sick leave or as little as five paid days off a year?

If you say that universal health care is too expensive, I say we should encourage Germany, Japan, Italy and Israel to shoulder more of the western defense burden. Because at least the Europeans above have universal health care.

"American" corporations are holding two thousand billion dollars off shore while our bridges are collapsing. Burger King just bought a company in Canada so that it can substantially reduce its tax bill in the USA. American college graduates are struggling to find jobs even with "in demand" job skills. These are the attacks on America that Limbaugh doesn't talk about.

We are America. We are the American people. Not some imaginary ideological concept that is designed to screw us.
Got it?

Ok, let`s see the plan for universal medical care.

If the numbers aren`t fantasy island bull ****, there may be a place for it alongside traditional employer coverage and individual plans.

Trump brought up the idea of nations we defend paying for our services and it`s a good idea.

If you want to reward people for working, raise interest rates and deport illegal aliens.

If you want to raise the minimum wage, understand that workers at the very bottom will be laid-off or fired as a result.

Minimum wage attacks the symptom while the disease is ignored.

The problem is workers lacking marketable skills, unrestricted free trade, foreign workers and a social welfare system that encourages people to have children they could not otherwise afford.

Selling products in the US should be a privilege for nations that buy our products...end of story.

NAFTA and the 2000 China Trade Act have pitted US workers against third world peasants.

If you want a social safety net, make it a free college education for all US citizens.

Then, if you want to major in women`s studies and can`t find a job after graduation, that`s your problem.

Have fun working the lunch shift at Chili`s.

If you get an engineering or accounting degree, you shouldn`t have your job outsourced to India or have a foreign worker take your job here.

We don`t really need a lot of trade with other nations, so I don`t get where everyone else sets the rules for trading with the US.

Old 01-04-2015, 10:51 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
If Rupert Murdoch, the Koch brothers, or the developer of the Villages in Florida offered you even a fraction of that amount what would you be willing to say so that elections go their way?
For $38 Million or a fraction thereof, I could give you a new government.

Somehow, I don't think you'd like it, so how about just a few States secede instead?

Fractionally...

Mircea

Old 09-18-2015, 02:39 AM

1,608 posts, read 1,485,587 times
Quote:
Rush Limbaugh just signed a deal for 38 Million a year in a multi year deal plus a signing bonus of 100 million.
Limbaugh's relentless attacks on Obama and progressive ideals are very effective on those people who would rather let others do their thinking and research for them.

If Rupert Murdoch, the Koch brothers, or the developer of the Villages in Florida offered you even a fraction of that amount what would you be willing to say so that elections go their way?

Only what I believed was true and would have said anyway.

Shalom,

Mahrie.

Old 09-18-2015, 02:43 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,327,909 times
I suspect that the list of things that I think I would do, would be far longer than the the list of things that I know that I wouldn't.

Old 09-18-2015, 03:12 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,953,657 times
For $38 million a year I will do ANYTHING! I'll even listen to Rush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies