Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 09:28 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,720,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Who can forget Mitt Romney? Remember when he released his tax returns it ended up showing he only paid 14 percent. Yeah the super rich don't have it rigged in their favor or anything...nooo not at all. Just keep working hard for them don't worry you'll get there too!
I bet if we offered to allow you to trade what you had to pay in taxes for what Romney had to pay in taxes, you wouldn't go for that.

What dollar amount did you pay in taxes that year? I'd like to see what the difference is. Do you believe you paid $10,000 more than Romney? Do you believe you paid $100,000 more than Romney? How much do you believe you paid more than him?

If I had to guess, I'm going to say he probably paid a minimum of $500,000 more than you.

Oh, btw, can you do math? I mean, are you able to understand greater than and less than, because if you can't understand something like $500,000 is greater than $25,000, you may not understand when we have our numbers.

But let's start with you telling us the dollar amount you paid in taxes for that year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 09:37 AM

32,046 posts, read 36,954,607 times
The middle class needs to get fired up about protecting the wealthy. If they don't their own chances of ever climbing up the hill are shot.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:13 AM

31,297 posts, read 20,816,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
The federal government doesn't "steal" money lol.
LOL. Yes, they do. Educate yourself.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:18 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,720,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
The middle class needs to get fired up about protecting the wealthy. If they don't their own chances of ever climbing up the hill are shot.
I'm not ever going to be wealthy, as in driving a new Mercedes or owning a yacht. It's not going to happen, and that doesn't bother me a single bit.

The only reason I want to "protect" the wealthy is because I don't believe they should be penalized for being successful. You penalizing the wealthy has a way of working it's way down. At some point, my pool will make me wealthy, and I'll be the target.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:18 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,973,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Who can forget Mitt Romney? Remember when he released his tax returns it ended up showing he only paid 14 percent. Yeah the super rich don't have it rigged in their favor or anything...nooo not at all. Just keep working hard for them don't worry you'll get there too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
You end up with a lower tax rate when you donate almost a third of your income to charities. Something the Bidens don't undersrand since they only have 1.5% of their income.
Mitt Romney gives more to charity than President Obama, Joe Biden - POLITICO.com.
thank you shooting4life. romney donated a ton of money to charity, and still paid a ton of money in taxes. in addition, romney didnt even take the full amount of charity donation deductions that he was entitled to take.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:43 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,857,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm not ever going to be wealthy, as in driving a new Mercedes or owning a yacht. It's not going to happen, and that doesn't bother me a single bit.

The only reason I want to "protect" the wealthy is because I don't believe they should be penalized for being successful. You penalizing the wealthy has a way of working it's way down. At some point, my pool will make me wealthy, and I'll be the target.
I agree. What constitutes "wealthy" in this country is always trending downwards and never adjust for cost of living.

The progs parrot on and on about the so called 1% paying a "fair share" but whenever they try and push a bill the "wealthy" all the sudden becomes upper middle class who gets destroyed by the new taxes. Just like Obama's plan for paying for free community college by taxing college savings account. Who has college savings accounts you ask, low middle, middle middle, and upper middle class folks. The "wealthy" don't have college tuition savings accounts, they just write a check.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:44 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,819,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm he and warren buffet pay a heck of a lot more than 14%

and most people making under 70k pay less than 14%

according to the IRS..those earning 59,400 or less paid LESS than 9%...and the MEDIAN HOUSEHOLD income for the ENTIRE USA less than 50k....meaning 99% of all middleclass paid less than 9%

Those earning less than $34,300 paid less than 4% on average percent of both federal taxes(income and payroll) on their income

those making 60k- 90k pay on average 14% tax on their income

as to buffet...he lied
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
How many times do you need to be shown that the only people that pay a tax rate above 14% on average make $200k+ a year? Are the tax state really that hard for you to understand? Maybe you ought to get your parents money back that they paid for you to go to elementary school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
You give a good effort but these people don't want or care about the truth. They just want rich people on trains headed to the gas chambers and crematories.

It's actually worse than that. Between $30k to $50k the average rate was 4.2%. Between $50k and $100k was 8.5%. everything from <$1 to $30k were negative tax rates with $1 to $10k having a -10.6% rate.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-soi/14ins...rateshares.pdf
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
thank you shooting4life. romney donated a ton of money to charity, and still paid a ton of money in taxes. in addition, romney didnt even take the full amount of charity donation deductions that he was entitled to take.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They're ignorant propaganda puppets. No more. No less.
Quote:
I bet if we offered to allow you to trade what you had to pay in taxes for what Romney had to pay in taxes, you wouldn't go for that.

What dollar amount did you pay in taxes that year? I'd like to see what the difference is. Do you believe you paid $10,000 more than Romney? Do you believe you paid $100,000 more than Romney? How much do you believe you paid more than him?

If I had to guess, I'm going to say he probably paid a minimum of $500,000 more than you.

Oh, btw, can you do math? I mean, are you able to understand greater than and less than, because if you can't understand something like $500,000 is greater than $25,000, you may not understand when we have our numbers.

But let's start with you telling us the dollar amount you paid in taxes for that year.
All spoken like the good little sheep that you are. You either have absolutely no idea how the tax system works or you're one of the ones that enjoys abusing it. Wrong and wrong you guys are competing against each other to see who can be more wrong with stats. I don't even time to respond to all of this it would take a very long page. You have to factor in state taxes, local taxes, social security, and Medicare that the average working guy pays on payroll. It's not just federal. Also single people that don't have kids pay more which is bs in my opinion but whatever that's another subject. That's just a side note, it has nothing to do with how wrong you sheep are.

Rich guys like Romney end up only paying 14 percent because they play the stock market game. Dividends and capital gains are taxed at a LOWER RATE than the middle tier income tax bracket. Even AFTER they raised it which is why Obama wants to raise it more. I understand he gave some to charity, it's all ludicrous even besides that. The average tax rate for the TOP 1 percent is only about 24 percent that's including everything. The very wealthy DO NOT SHOW income on their tax returns just to avoid paying taxes there is multiple ways to do this.

Between 1979 and 2011 the average after tax income for the bottom 20 percent rose by only about 48 percent. The top 1 percent saw their after tax incomes rise by 200 percent during that same time frame. There is clearly a problem. However, the sheep shall always herded.

Last edited by wanderlust76; 01-22-2015 at 03:54 PM..

Old 01-22-2015, 03:57 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,453,927 times
Quote:

I'd trade with Romney in a heartbeat:Romney paid 14% effective tax rate in 2011 - Sep. 21, 2012

Sign me up for that.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:57 PM

Quote:

As long as we look after the well to do the rest should be okay. A rising tide raises all boats.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
I'd trade with Romney in a heartbeat:Romney paid 14% effective tax rate in 2011 - Sep. 21, 2012

Sign me up for that.
Romney may be doing well now but if taxes keep going up he could be in the tank tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies