Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2015, 04:31 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,143,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Do you guys ever wonder why the nation is headed toward a more liberal form of government? You should look at yourselves in the mirror and actually listen to the garbage you preach. At some point you'll figure out why no one listens to you when it comes time to make policy.
I look at myself in the mirror everyday, and I see a 50-year-old woman who's worked her ass off to get were she's at and she will NOT stand by and let people stick their hands in her pockets anymore. She used to have compassion... now all there is is contempt for people who tear her down and assume things about her when they really have no clue. She hurts for children who are hungry, at the same time cannot do anything about it other than blame those truly at fault... their parents who are either too lazy, too stupid, or too entitled to do anything other than ***** and complain. And who especially this last week has decided that this PC crap has gone on too long. I always thought that those in the middle would be spared this ****-throwing storm overhead between the far right and the far left. But I'm tired of the crap falling on me. It has become clear it's time to pick a side. And I'm picking the conservative side, for no other reason than I'm seeing a bigger proponent of the liberal hypocrisy. Your's isn't the only policy worth making and one of these days... you'll realize that. I used to vote according to the person. I've already decided.. it's party now.

Old 07-04-2015, 05:10 PM

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
I look at myself in the mirror everyday, and I see a 50-year-old woman who's worked her ass off to get were she's at and she will NOT stand by and let people stick their hands in her pockets anymore. She used to have compassion... now all there is is contempt for people who tear her down and assume things about her when they really have no clue. She hurts for children who are hungry, at the same time cannot do anything about it other than blame those truly at fault... their parents who are either too lazy, too stupid, or too entitled to do anything other than ***** and complain. And who especially this last week has decided that this PC crap has gone on too long. I always thought that those in the middle would be spared this ****-throwing storm overhead between the far right and the far left. But I'm tired of the crap falling on me. It has become clear it's time to pick a side. And I'm picking the conservative side, for no other reason than I'm seeing a bigger proponent of the liberal hypocrisy. Your's isn't the only policy worth making and one of these days... you'll realize that. I used to vote according to the person. I've already decided.. it's party now.
Wow this rant brilliantly illustrates how conservatives insist on burying themselves in the eyes of the public. No help from liberals needed!

Old 07-04-2015, 07:16 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,756,825 times
I believe sometime in the past on another thread we calculated exactly how much an average person paid in taxes in a month towards the foodstamp program that fed millions of people and i believe we came up with a figure that equaled the cost of a few mochas at starbucks. This is how crazy this garbage is.

Old 07-04-2015, 08:29 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
I believe sometime in the past on another thread we calculated exactly how much an average person paid in taxes in a month towards the foodstamp program that fed millions of people and i believe we came up with a figure that equaled the cost of a few mochas at starbucks. This is how crazy this garbage is.
Right wing conservatives feed off the wedge issues.
Anti Immigration
Anti Blacks
Anti poor
Anti Health Care

God help them if all these issues get taken off the table and the're's no more wedges for distraction.

Old 07-05-2015, 01:53 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That means fewer burger flipping and convenience store clerk jobs for life's younger bad decision-makers.

Which is why I'm trying to move into a work activity that cannot be robotized or automated, and has little competition.

Old 07-05-2015, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's not according to me. Read The Millionaire Next Door. The NY Times has published the First Chapter:
https://www.nytimes.com/books/first/...llionaire.html

Just a very little bit...

"UAWs [under accumulators of wealth] tend to live above their means; they emphasize consumption. And they tend to de-emphasize many of the key factors that underlie wealth building."

Those are all bad choices.

My readings suggest that Dr Stanley does not expect people to build wealth until their income reaches about $40K -and that was some years ago.

So on the basis of insufficient income, a lot of people wouldn't be considered UAWs.

Old 07-05-2015, 02:54 AM

Quote:
So EVERY poor person lives beyond their means and emphasizes consumption? Think about this now...every single one?

Low earners - those under about $40K - aren't even on the author's radar, and he doesn't expect people under that income level to build wealth.

Old 07-05-2015, 02:58 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_more_handouts View Post
The bottom 50% pays little or no taxes. These people need to start carrying their own weight and stop relying on the rest of us to pick up the slack for them. I didn't suffer through all those years of college just so I could hand over more of my money to cover their portion of the tax revenue. I'm sick of dragging all this dead weight around.
Yeah me too. I wish their employers would pay them more than $8/hr so they don't have to rely on government handouts to get by, all while the employer is rewarded with huge tax breaks for "job creation".

Old 07-05-2015, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Wow this rant brilliantly illustrates how conservatives insist on burying themselves in the eyes of the public. No help from liberals needed!

Almost everyone thinks they have worked harder, and truly earned more, than they have. No conservative monopoly there.

Old 07-05-2015, 04:50 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
What? At which point did I say I hated anyone? Are you purposely that obtuse?
That's all we hear from the left, democrats, liberals... hatred of the rich but now you want to deny it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies