Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2015, 08:27 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
are you going to say there are no other couples who are like these two in the whole United States? want to hear more stories of real people-- leave your darn back yards!
I'm probably similar to them in theory anyway. At least the made up propaganda version of them. My husband works in construction and I'm a stay at home mom. We have had some financial struggles and we lost our health insurance but that was because of government intervention, not the other way around. I guess Obama couldn't use us for their story because although we may fit the demographic, we don't fit the narrative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 08:30 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Barack Obama clearly has to be a top contender for most dishonest person in Washington D.C, which of course puts him high in the running for the title of most dishonest person worldwide.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:32 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
And she stated that she was struggling, right?

Seems about right on that salary.
It did say starting out with benefits. Depending on ones needs and where they live this could be very good wages for some. Have to say in my area $30,000 a yr after taxes would be living pretty good, for a family of 4. Her kids are little, and her story is no different than most working people, with kids her age.

Heck, I remember one year paying mortgage and raising 2 boys, we cleared $9,000 after taxes, how we paid the bills I will never know. Some how no one seemed to care except for my accountant.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So what about her story was a lie? I have yet to see any right winger prove that, though you all seem to be grasping for the straws on this one.
The fact that she was just a regular old middle American lady who wrote the president a letter about how they struggled financially. In reality she was working for the democratic party and was a prop.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:36 AM

17,423 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Has the original letter that Rebekah Erler wrote ever been published in its entirety?

I've searched, but cannot find it - if anyone has a link I would appreciate it.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Ever been a campaign worker?
it ain't a high paying job. Most do the work for free.
If the woman has time to volunteer while her family is struggling to make ends meet then does she not have time to get a job? She's an educated women. Yes?

Old 01-22-2015, 08:37 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I'm probably similar to them in theory anyway. At least the made up propaganda version of them. My husband works in construction and I'm a stay at home mom. We have had some financial struggles and we lost our health insurance but that was because of government intervention, not the other way around. I guess Obama couldn't use us for their story because although we may fit the demographic, we don't fit the narrative.
Yeah that part if you want to keep your insurance you can keep it. What a bunch of BS, we lost insurance 3 times to not complying with ObamaCare. The weird part we signed up through insurance companies so why is it not complying 3 times. Then they dropped it and said because we didn't comply we had to wait 3 months to sign up again.....nothing like a construction man being without insurance!

We've had insurance and didn't get to keep the insurance 4 times, due to not complying. No explanation on how to comply.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:41 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
If the women has time to volunteer while her family is struggling to make ends meet then does she not have time to get a job? She's an educated women. Yes?
Democrats would much rather this woman survive on government assistance while volunteering to help them retain political power than have her go out and get a job to support herself.

A poor mom who can't feed her kids but still has time to help democrats buy votes is the perfect dem voter.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
It did say starting out with benefits. Depending on ones needs and where they live this could be very good wages for some. Have to say in my area $30,000 a yr after taxes would be living pretty good, for a family of 4. Her kids are little, and her story is no different than most working people, with kids her age.

Heck, I remember one year paying mortgage and raising 2 boys, we cleared $9,000 after taxes, how we paid the bills I will never know. Some how no one seemed to care except for my accountant.
Yep and this is only her salary. Her husband has been steadily employed in the construction industry and as a conductor for the Canadian Pacific Railroad according to his linkedin.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Yeah that part if you want to keep your insurance you can keep it. What a bunch of BS, we lost insurance 3 times to not complying with ObamaCare. The weird part we signed up through insurance companies so why is it not complying 3 times. Then they dropped it and said because we didn't comply we had to wait 3 months to sign up again.....nothing like a construction man being without insurance!

We've had insurance and didn't get to keep the insurance 4 times, due to not complying. No explanation on how to comply.
So true. And we always carried it before but then got the dreaded letter and when I looked for a new plan I found out that it would cost about double for a very similar high deductible plan which is crazy. My husband's work is hard on his body and at times, dangerous. He is self employed. If he gets hurt, we're in big trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies