Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2015, 02:13 PM

1,136 posts, read 924,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
In the Diane Sawyer interview, he said he is not homosexual. So if he still prefers women, which public restroom does he use?
Top 10 Handsome Men Who were Born Female

I would love to see some of the men on this list use the women's restroom since so many People have a problem with transsexuals using that restroom of the gender they identify with.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:16 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,495,356 times
There's a delete button for a while after you post, but it disappears. Not sure how long you can delete -- 15 minutes? Maybe 30? So after the button is gone, the only way would be to contact a mod and ask if they can do it for you.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
So now he's a lesbian? ( he said he still prefers the pronoun "he") Dude seems seriously confused.
I hope this works out for him /her. He seemed really miserable the one and only time I watched the Kardashian show out of morbid curiosity.
Bruce made it clear that he didn't want to use the feminine pronoun until he fully transitioned. People with gender dysmorphia are often miserable hence the sex change.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:22 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
In an artsy sort of way. It is Vanity Fair after all. They can make anyone look good, for a day

Old- fashioned in what sense that they didn't dress her in black leather with a whip
As for the picture being edited to make her look better, hello? They ALL do that. She is just a phenomenal photographer on top of it.

As for old-fashioned, no, that is not what I meant at all. Don't you know what old fashioned is? Haven't you ever seen an old picture?Like an old framed photo of Lauren Bacall. Can you see that in your head? **** you a whip and black leather. That NEVER occurred to me.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I've tried to understand it.

I just don't.

Like I said, doesn't mean I want bad things to happen to them. I just don't get it. *shrug*

I don't agonize over it either; mostly, I don't care.
There is a difference from being able to conceptualize something and getting it, a sign of empathy.

I can conceptualize why someone would own a gun. In the past I didn't get it, on a personal level.

I remember when this dude was harassing me in high school for being gay. He kept saying he just didn't get why I would want to be with guys. A friend of mine told me it wasn't for him to get. That comment has stuck with me my entire life. Getting it is about being able to empathize with someone which requires imagination.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:30 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
I did not care about him before the transformation.
I care even less now.
I'm just not interested.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:33 PM

625 posts, read 624,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Oh please, at least some of us are willing to admit that we're (at best) uneasy with this.

Like I said before...totally on board with homosexuality. I get it, it's natural, doesn't bother me a bit. Pro-gay marriage, pro-gay adoption.

However, I don't see sexual orientation and gender "identity" as being under the same umbrella. I still feel that transsexualism is a mental illness. That doesn't mean I "hate" trans people, or think bad things should happen to them. I don't hate them. I just don't "get" them.

Get it?
For those interested (not BigDGeek)

"All babies start out female, and it’s only later that they become male, and this is at least partially true. In fact, the influence of testosterone on a fetus has been described as a defeminization process, changing a fetus which was essentially predestined to be female into male. Testosterone production and the conversion of some testosterone to dihydrotestosterone between weeks 6 and 12 of pregnancy is critical for the initial development of male features, such as the penis, prostate gland, and *******. In the absence of these male hormones, female genitalia develop instead. Brain development, however, does not occur in earnest until the second half of the pregnancy term, after the genitals have been developed, and the continued presence of male hormones results in a brain which has subtle, but critical physical differences from the female brain.

The fact that the brain and the genitals develop at different times in the womb mean that a misalignment between the genitals and brain may develop, leading to either an intersex condition, or a transgender individual."

There are people with androgen insensitivities, karotype aberrations, other hormonal variations too complicated to list here. I've posted a link to the article which is much more in-depth.

So it has nothing to do with mental illness. They are simply hormonal and karyotype variations that occur in the womb.

The Transgender Brain | Transas City

Last edited by BamaBlue; 06-02-2015 at 02:49 PM..

Old 06-02-2015, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona13 View Post
^^^ Or here. So a celebrity decides he wants to be a woman. He had the money and got the surgery done. OK, I hope he/she is happier and enjoys his/her life. I am over hearing about it and seeing it on TV. It's not like this is the first time anyone has changed their gender. I don't understand why this is such earth shattering news?
You have to remember that celebrity lives are always scrutinized. What do you think would have happened had He had sexual reassignment surgery without publisizing it? Do you think the media would have left him alone? He would have been all over TMZ and every tabloid in the checkout section. If you knew that a decision you were making for yourself would be widely publicized regardless of whether you wanted it publicized or not would you choose to control the publicity or let the media control your image. If Mike Tyson disapeared for a while and then radomly went to lunch as Missy Tyson do you think there would be no coverage?

Old 06-02-2015, 02:39 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,322,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
I can't wait to see what happens to Kanye.
You think it could get worse than it already is?

Old 06-02-2015, 02:43 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
So much HATRED on here. Amazing, no wonder this world is ****ED up, it's the narrow minded bigots that really shine on issues like this.
Actually I believe the world is screwed up because of people who are not tolerant of opinions that they disagree with. Everyone has a a right to express themselves.
It's the name callers who are bullies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies