Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2015, 10:29 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,051,858 times

Advertisements

Why do people care so much what other people do with their bodies?

I don't quite understand it myself but why would I get mad about it?

People need to get a life. Leave her alone if you don't like it.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:30 PM

82 posts, read 120,660 times
"I a baboon trapped in a mans body, please respect my identity and call me Oogabooga and don't you dare stop me from expressing myself by walking around nude with my big red tush exposed, bite folks and throw fecal matter as passersby"

That's essentially what "well I was born with a shlong and male chromosomes and named Bruce but in the twilight of life decided that I'm a chick named Caitlyn now call me she and don't be mad when I share the restroom with your daughter" sounds like to me.

My issue is with the wording. I might just be weirded out if he said "well I'm a dude but I am unhappy and would feel happier living my life as a lady" but the fact that "trans testicles" as my 13 year old calls them actually believe that they are truly girls just born with make chromosomes and penis (the very definition of being male) makes me believe they are freaking delusional. Sorry I will always call you sir.

I am having some cognitive dissonance here, I am not really a fan of the Islamic faith at all but I feel at this point my child would likely be better shielded from this insanity in Saudi Arabia, who would've thought that Arabia would be a better place than America to raise kids.

Bruce is gross, and I glow with fatherly pride for the fact my kid isn't a brainwashed ninkompoop who thinks that this is alright, we were at the mall and saw one of these things and my kid said "Dad look at that FREAK. Gross" you shoulda seen the look on its face, scared for its life.

Seriously considering a move to Moscow or Jeddah or at least Dubai. Don't want to go to jail for stopping one of these "ladies" from entering the same lavatory as my mother by kicking them in the fem-balls.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:49 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,277,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Shows what a sham ESPN has become. There are many disabled veterans showing more courage than either of them.
But do they play sports??

Its ESPN, not CNN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
No surprise there. Of course a left wing biased network like ESPN will choose the left's cause celeb of the moment over the triumph of the human spirit.
It has nothing to do w "left v right." It has to do with money such as most things with big businesses.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:58 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default Bruce/Caitlyn is a transgender, not a woman

I will never see Jenner as a woman, since this would be an insult to women, and all that women are. As one woman poster from the Connecticut forum put it, there's a great deal more to being a woman, than anything the man Bruce Jenner can do to himself. I don't accept his characterization of himself as a woman, and his insistence that he is a woman is a sign that he's a seriously ill man.

What I do accept is that he's a transgender. Bruce/Caitlyn is yet another member of the transgender community.

Old 06-03-2015, 11:03 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,663,100 times
If Bruce was always a woman, does that mean all his exs are lesbians?

Old 06-03-2015, 11:11 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,663,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
So, is gender a cultural idea or a natural one? There are advocates that state gender is a cultural construct, yet someone like in this story states it is natural. There are people out there trying to raise "gender neutral" kids because they do not want the influence of gender as shown by society, yet being "natural" would contradict this approach.

Also, who ever stated wearing a dress, acting feminine, having feminine names, etc is just for females? If gender is different than sex and neither dependent on each other, than what difference would it make the clothes being worn, hair length, fake breasts, etc? If the sex a person is born with has nothing to do with gender, then why would someone go through the trouble of physically changing parts of their body to be more like the sex their new gender stereotypically identifies with?
Hence the conundrum. The same people that view Bruce as a woman are the people that say gender roles are completely arbitrary and separate from sex. They want their cake and to eat it too.

If a person is born a male but feels like a woman, what does that mean? Does it mean that they feel like they have female genitals? Because if gender roles are completely arbitrary and not important then hormones, genetics and chromosomes are the only differentiating things between a man and a woman.

Old 06-03-2015, 11:12 PM

16,600 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I certainly don't understand why terms like courage and bravery are being used to describe Jenner.
Those terms are suppose to mean something like saving someone's life in the face of putting yourself in harms way to do so.

I also do not understand why the liberal media is so willing to now start calling Bruce Jenner by his new name. Did he legally change it?
More importantly, why are they now calling him a she, when he is biologically a man.

Then again, we have the POTUS reveling in everything non traditional and abnormal with phone calls to the homosexual football player who was drafted and now Jenner. All that stuff should be well above the office of the president, yet he is all to happy to inject himself into things like that and racial issues where blacks are alleged to have been mistreated.
Maybe he will want to give a medal to Jenner because he wants to where a dress and be called a woman.

Old 06-03-2015, 11:19 PM

202 posts, read 221,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I certainly don't understand why terms like courage and bravery are being used to describe Jenner.
Those terms are suppose to mean something like saving someone's life in the face of putting yourself in harms way to do so.

I also do not understand why the liberal media is so willing to now start calling Bruce Jenner by his new name. Did he legally change it?
More importantly, why are they now calling him a she, when he is biologically a man.

Then again, we have the POTUS reveling in everything non traditional and abnormal with phone calls to the homosexual football player who was drafted and now Jenner. All that stuff should be well above the office of the president, yet he is all to happy to inject himself into things like that and racial issues where blacks are alleged to have been mistreated.
Maybe he will want to give a medal to Jenner because he wants to where a dress and be called a woman.
Welcome to the Judeo-Masonic world. Pope after Pope warned us Westerners of the rising influence of this entity from the 1700s all the way up to Pope Pius XII. But we didn't listen.

The West today is weird, because it's run by demented people.

Old 06-03-2015, 11:27 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
Hence the conundrum. The same people that view Bruce as a woman are the people that say gender roles are completely arbitrary and separate from sex. They want their cake and to eat it too.

If a person is born a male but feels like a woman, what does that mean? Does it mean that they feel like they have female genitals? Because if gender roles are completely arbitrary and not important then hormones, genetics and chromosomes are the only differentiating things between a man and a woman.

It is confusing if you think we are our bodies.

The question is are we our bodies or is the body something we inhabit and there is more? I don't have an answer but cases like this make me wonder.

Old 06-03-2015, 11:42 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
Maybe it's just a by product of spending time with Kardashians. Please, please, please let Kanye be the next one to make the transition!!!

Speaking of Kanye, it looks like he now has two mothers-in-law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies