Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2015, 01:49 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times

Advertisements

While some early reports said a tactical nuclear weapon was used, it has since been downgraded to a artillery hit on either a chemical plant, and/or a ammo dump.Did a Tactical Nuke Just Go Off in Ukraine? Big Explosion Rocks Donetsk

Looking at it, the initial detonation didn't seem bright enough. But it did appear in the low range for a very small tactical nuke.

But it does make you think, if you were the Ukraine....would you have REALLY given up all the nukes? They originally gave them up for promises about their border security from us and the Russians. With the Rebels getting ready for a big push....and claims by the Ukrainians that Russia used some small tactical nukes earlier.....
??They?ll ridicule us?: Ukraine defense minister ?claims? Russia used nukes ? RT News

Overall we're seeing some truly large explosions, with some impressive weaponry.....but I dont think we are seeing any nukes used yet. That being said it also would not surprise me if the Ukraine had a couple stashed.

Since Russia is heavily involved in this, at what point would actually using small tactical nuclear weapons be reasonable for the Ukraine? And what would be the worlds reactions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 01:59 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,523,144 times
Interesting topic ... I haven't even thought about it but I'll try to wing a thought together

If I were in the Ukraine, I would be furious at NATO right now. I think that goes without saying.

I don't think I would've given them up. The US hasn't shown very much interest in limiting Russian power since Putin took office. Plus, considering the two wars we're in ... I would be worried that the US hands would be too tied in those wars to come to my defense when needed.

If they stashed one, I doubt they'd use it. How would they deploy it and where? Would they be willing to detonate it in their own lands?

Old 02-09-2015, 02:08 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwahfromtheheart View Post
Interesting topic ... I haven't even thought about it but I'll try to wing a thought together

If I were in the Ukraine, I would be furious at NATO right now. I think that goes without saying.

I don't think I would've given them up. The US hasn't shown very much interest in limiting Russian power since Putin took office. Plus, considering the two wars we're in ... I would be worried that the US hands would be too tied in those wars to come to my defense when needed.

If they stashed one, I doubt they'd use it. How would they deploy it and where? Would they be willing to detonate it in their own lands?
They had over 1,000 of them before the treaty. With reasonably good delivery systems.

Old 02-09-2015, 02:23 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,523,144 times
Then in that case, I wouldn't blame them if they had some stashed and let them fly. But I still doubt they'd let them hit inside of their borders.

Old 02-09-2015, 05:04 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
You can certainly get big explosions from chemicals, this is a rocket fuel plant going up. The first explosion is big but the second one is absolutely astounding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KuGizBjDXo

Old 02-09-2015, 05:23 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times
Lol. Military reports by Obamabots means their messiah is losing in Ukraine.

I notice there are no reports about the increasing unwillingness of Germany and France to go along with O's attempted genocide in there.

Old 02-09-2015, 05:25 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,724,472 times
Darn! I was getting to initiate bug out plan alpha!

Old 02-09-2015, 05:29 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Lol. Military reports by Obamabots means their messiah is losing in Ukraine.

I notice there are no reports about the increasing unwillingness of Germany and France to go along with O's attempted genocide in there.
Nor does there seem to be any embarrassment about both NATO and the U.S. jointly/separately reneging on treaty agreements. No surprise there.

Old 02-09-2015, 06:42 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Nor does there seem to be any embarrassment about both NATO and the U.S. jointly/separately reneging on treaty agreements. No surprise there.
Riiggghhhttt...like the Bamster cares about treaties.

Ukraine is being depopulated - by war in the east and by economic catastrophe in the west. In the end it will be the largest ethnic cleansing of all time. Funded by the Americn taxpayer and brought to you by George Soros.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies