Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 07:22 AM

21,506 posts, read 10,628,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Walker quit in his final year. Obama graduated. The question is why did Walker quit.
According to him, he got a job and intended to go back or take one or two classes a semester until he graduated, but life happened and he never followed up on that. He got married, etc. This is really not a big deal. Look at others who quit school because they ended up getting successful and never went back. Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Matt Damon, Michael Dell, etc. I'm sure the list is long.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:02 AM

23,637 posts, read 17,318,538 times
The media has always made a big deal of the US prez getting his yearly physical exam. does anyone recall reading anything about obama's physicals?

This just points to the pattern of lack of oversight for details about obama by the media, as a candidate and as an elected official. This is sooo different than how any other candidate or elected official has been treated.

that begs the question, WHY?

historians constantly search for details from the past and people enthisiastically seek to read those stories. Now in the 21st century, will all the recoding media there is an absence of details about the most important man in America.

The details wanted re SW validate the imbalance, read that as extreme media bias, by what has become a propaganda machine evolved from the former free press.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:05 AM

52,924 posts, read 34,775,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Looking forward to seeing those college and law school grades and list of courses taken.
I sure hope someone who was 'paying attention' can tell us.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:22 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,865,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
Funny, I always wanted to know more about our President, his background, read about his papers, who he hung out with. I guess the Washington Post was too busy with Bush back then.

As Scott Walker mulls White House bid, questions linger over college exit - The Washington Post
There is no question Obama graduated from Columbia and then Harvard Law School.
There is no requirement to disclose transcripts and no president has done so.

Most students do not drop out of school, a few months short of graduation.

Bush's Yale transcrips were leaked to the New Yorker and showed him to be an average student.

Walker's school has confirmed he voluntarily withdrew before graduation. Walker has declined to authorize the school to release his transcripts. Schools do not retain non- academic documentation, applications, disciplinary actions.

Truman is the most recent president to not have at least an undergraduate degree.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 02-12-2015 at 08:39 AM..

Old 02-12-2015, 08:26 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,609,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah...but please, let's not pretend as if that list is emblematic of the typical college dropout.
No, but the one in question went on to become a governor, so it doesn't seem that the typical college dropout is emblematic of him either.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:38 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,186,077 times
Quote:
Obama has no more campaigns to run and no more figs to give.
Scott Walker has presidential ambitions and dropped out of university. He won't agree that evolution is real and refused to give his foreign policy views when he attended a foreign policy conference in London this week. The Brits, one of our best allies, think Walker is an ignorant buffoon.

And the entire world KNOWS that Barack is an ignorant unqualified buffoon.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:49 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,254,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
The media has always made a big deal of the US prez getting his yearly physical exam. does anyone recall reading anything about obama's physicals?

This just points to the pattern of lack of oversight for details about obama by the media, as a candidate and as an elected official. This is sooo different than how any other candidate or elected official has been treated.

that begs the question, WHY?

historians constantly search for details from the past and people enthisiastically seek to read those stories. Now in the 21st century, will all the recoding media there is an absence of details about the most important man in America.

The details wanted re SW validate the imbalance, read that as extreme media bias, by what has become a propaganda machine evolved from the former free press.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...am_feb2010.pdf

FULL TEXT: Memo from Doctor on Obama's Physical Exam - NationalJournal.com

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-...s-medical-exam

The presidents medical exam reports are out there if you look.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:53 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,304,600 times
Default Agreed...

Quote:
Obama has no more campaigns to run and no more figs to give.
Scott Walker has presidential ambitions and dropped out of university. He won't agree that evolution is real and refused to give his foreign policy views when he attended a foreign policy conference in London this week. The Brits, one of our best allies, think Walker is an ignorant buffoon.
I agree with all you say, however, the Brits all think any Conservative is a Bafoon, regardless. But the point here is leadership. Governor Walker has proved his. He is being investigated, and I welcome that, I actually think anyone running should be investigated.

The Post, however, is doing it not to find out anything about him, but only to tarnish his reputation. The problem I have is that President Obama was not investigated to the same degree as I am sure all Conservatives will. It is not shocking, or surprising, I'm just preaching to the choir here, but the double-standards are blinding.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:55 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,865,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
No, but the one in question went on to become a governor, so it doesn't seem that the typical college dropout is emblematic of him either.
Does this mean those without an undergraduate degree have a career choice of food services/ retail or a politics?

Old 02-12-2015, 09:02 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,304,600 times
Default Military Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Does this mean those without an undergraduate degree have a career choice of food services/ retail or a politics?
Let's not forget Veterans; at my company, we have several managers who came up through the ranks, no pun intended, and are some of the best managers/directors I've worked with. I have an IT Director here who's college degree was in History. No way do I consider her less than any fellow directors with IT degrees, in fact, her outgoing personality and confidence is much higher than most. It all has to do with leadership abilities, and that is learned though experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies