Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 01:13 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,635,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
What's Obama going to do, or say, if ISIS burns American Servicemen to death??
"While their deaths due to random workplace violence is unfortunate, we must remember that they came from a predominantly Christian country, and we must empathize with the Muslim world because they have historically been oppressed by Christians, as with the Crusades. The people who committed this unpleasant act were undoubtedly motivated by centuries of oppression based on their religion, as well as the color of their skin. Or maybe it was because of a You Tube video. In any case, we must exercise restraint and make sure that any response we might make is not disproportionate to what they, due to their legitimate grievances, have done."

And that's pretty much all that he will do or say. Because, frankly, it just wouldn't bother him all that much.

Old 02-18-2015, 01:27 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
"While their deaths due to random workplace violence is unfortunate, we must remember that they came from a predominantly Christian country, and we must empathize with the Muslim world because they have historically been oppressed by Christians, as with the Crusades. The people who committed this unpleasant act were undoubtedly motivated by centuries of oppression based on their religion, as well as the color of their skin. Or maybe it was because of a You Tube video. In any case, we must exercise restraint and make sure that any response we might make is not disproportionate to what they, due to their legitimate grievances, have done."

And that's pretty much all that he will do or say. Because, frankly, it just wouldn't bother him all that much.
Ha!

You left out the part about them doing this because they are unemployed, though. If we gave them some jobs, maybe they wouldn't feel the urge to capture, torture, and murder people and film the process. Makes perfect sense.

Old 02-18-2015, 02:19 PM

522 posts, read 715,949 times
Alll that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

it will unfortunately take more than airstikes to take Islamic State down. God help me that we aren't the country that has to go fight Isis on the ground.

Old 02-18-2015, 03:31 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
ISIS militants reportedly burn to death 45 people in western Iraqi town | Fox News

Al-Baghdadi is only about five miles from Ain al-Asad air base, in the western province of Anbar, where 400 U.S. military personnel are training Iraqi soldiers and Sunni tribesmen to take on ISIS. The base was raided last week by a small band of fighters, in what some experts believe may have been a probe in preparation for a full-scale attack.

What's Obama going to do, or say, if ISIS burns American Servicemen to death??

I pray we never have to find out
I hope not either. I'm afraid he'd call it "workplace violence".

Old 02-18-2015, 05:51 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,211,665 times
Obama would also claim that this is just "another random act of violence".

Old 02-18-2015, 06:10 PM

966 posts, read 1,346,736 times
they were not burned to death, they died of smoke inhalation, hey it worked for Bengazi.

Old 02-18-2015, 06:17 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony321 View Post
Alll that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

it will unfortunately take more than airstikes to take Islamic State down. God help me that we aren't the country that has to go fight Isis on the ground.
The entire world should be sending troops to battle ISIS ... we owe it to mankind to put a stop this this barbaric nonsense.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:26 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,211,665 times
I wosh that were the case. Not only would the whole world crush ISIS, but no doubt it would foster better relations among countries with disputes.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:34 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,362,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
The entire world should be sending troops to battle ISIS ... we owe it to mankind to put a stop this this barbaric nonsense.

Amen

Old 02-18-2015, 09:02 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I think our issues are the result of a fractured and divided bevy of career politicians, who are clearly more concerned about their own political careers than they are about the big picture - on just about every front. Neither party seems to be able to "play well with others" for the sake of our country. My biggest issue with Obama is that he has been intentionally divisive since his first day in office - pitting one group against the other on just about every issue.
Perhaps it's their supporters. I never found Obama's statements particularly divisive, perhaps they are to some but I suspect a large portion of his supporters don't find anything divisive about them. I haven't notice that, I really don't get what a lot of the complaints are. I doubt it's intentional on his part. I thought Bush was rather divisive, but I wouldn't go so far as to saying he was doing so intentionally.

Quote:
He's been an embarrassment to me as an American since his first venture into foreign affairs.
Really? While on other issues, I'm sometimes lukewarm, his foreign policy actions while far from perfect I've thought mostly well of. Much better to have a cautious leader than a reckless one. As for intervening against ISIS, I'd be reluctant to support much. Surely the last few decades have shown little good come with intervening there. Contain the ISIS, prevent them from expanding further, but don't get dragged into another mess. They haven't been able to expand much in Shia or Kurdish area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies