Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 01:28 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,900,938 times

Advertisements

I am so tired of Israel dominating our foreign policy. I really do not like Israel's government and wish they would just pound sand
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 01:37 AM

513 posts, read 581,194 times
How exactly does Israel dominate U.S. foreign policy?

Old 02-26-2015, 01:40 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,310,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I am so tired of Israel dominating our foreign policy. I really do not like Israel's government and wish they would just pound sand
I am not a Liberal but I absolutely despise Israel as much as I despise Palestine, Pakistan and all these other stupid countries we keep sending money to. I am all for cutting relations with these countries.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:41 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
Agreed. Why do we even give these folks money?

Old 02-26-2015, 05:26 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,763 times
Israel is a democracy, and people there have a diverse range of opinions. Also, actual Israelis that I have met and interacted with have been awesome. I have no problems supporting Israel - we just need to do so in a balanced, healthy way.

Old 02-26-2015, 05:59 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,212,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am not a Liberal but I absolutely despise Israel as much as I despise Palestine, Pakistan and all these other stupid countries we keep sending money to. I am all for cutting relations with these countries.
I despise Israel as well. They are a bunch of liars and hypocrites.

The fact that all of our politicians want to kiss Israel butt all-day, everyday is obnoxious. Just listen to them fight about who is more pro-Israel. You can't criticize Israel in this country without being called an anti-semite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Israel is a democracy, and people there have a diverse range of opinions. Also, actual Israelis that I have met and interacted with have been awesome. I have no problems supporting Israel - we just need to do so in a balanced, healthy way.

Democracy doesn't automatically mean good, and monarchy/oligarchy doesn't automatically mean bad. And there are differences of opinion in every country.

We tried to install Democracy all over the middle-east, and those countries are far worse now than they started.

Old 02-26-2015, 06:18 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,391,475 times
Quote:
Wow, that's quite an admission. Kudos to you for it.

I feel the same way. Someone needs to smack some sense into Boehner and the rest of his GOP colleagues on this. President Obama is right again.

Old 02-26-2015, 06:51 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I despise Israel as well. They are a bunch of liars and hypocrites.

The fact that all of our politicians want to kiss Israel butt all-day, everyday is obnoxious. Just listen to them fight about who is more pro-Israel. You can't criticize Israel in this country without being called an anti-semite.

Democracy doesn't automatically mean good, and monarchy/oligarchy doesn't automatically mean bad. And there are differences of opinion in every country.

We tried to install Democracy all over the middle-east, and those countries are far worse now than they started.
To claim Palestine was a self governing country is to perpetrate a lie. The region has always been occupied by one power or another until after the UN resolution that granted Israel statehood.

Thus "Palestinians" actually became Israeli citizens.

No land was "stolen".

Old 02-26-2015, 07:29 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,212,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
To claim Palestine was a self governing country is to perpetrate a lie. The region has always been occupied by one power or another until after the UN resolution that granted Israel statehood.

Thus "Palestinians" actually became Israeli citizens.

No land was "stolen".
Umm, what?

First, Britain conquered Palestine in the Sinai and Palestine campaign during WWI, and took it from the Ottomans(you know, a government).

Sinai and Palestine Campaign - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The British government then made the "Balfour declaration". Whereby Palestine would become the new Jewish homeland.

Balfour Declaration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This led to several Arab revolts, all suppressed by the British. And much of the land in Palestine was expropriated by the British government for Jewish Zionists to "develop it". Through this process there was huge Jewish migration to Palestine, while Arabs continued to resist.

After WWII, the British had enough of trying to maintain their overseas colonies. As the British pulled out, they proposed the partition of Palestine into two separate countries. One for the Arabs, and one for the Jews.

United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At that time, Palestinians outnumbered Jews two to one. The Palestinians did not want a partition plan, and wanted to keep Palestine a single nation. The Jews had no interest in staying in the same nation as the Arabs.

"Arab leaders and governments rejected the plan of partition in the resolution and indicated an unwillingness to accept any form of territorial division. Their reason was that it violated the principles of national self-determination in the UN charter which granted people the right to decide their own destiny."

After the Arabs rejected the partition plan, a Civil War broke out, and the Jews eventually won.

Just read this one section of this wikipedia article. It really explains everything.

Palestine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To believe that no land was stolen, or isn't still being stolen through the Jewish settlement policy, is plain ignorant.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:51 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,940,293 times
Quote:
Would you agree that from the founding of Israel they never had the slightest intention of building up a Jewish State in Palestine so as to live in it. What they were really aiming was is to establish a central organization for their international swindling and cheating. As a sovereign State, this cannot be controlled by any of the other States. Therefore it can serve as a refuge for swindlers who have been found out and at the same time a high-school for the training of other swindlers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies