Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 06:05 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times

Advertisements

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wor...lfare-mooches/

Australia passes laws cracking down on foreign fighters | Reuters

From the Reuters article:

Australia is on high alert for attacks by radicalized Muslims or by home-grown militants returning from fighting in the Middle East, having raised its threat level to high and undertaken a series of high-profile raids in major cities.

The government, which recently warned that the balance between freedom and security "may have to shift", is also introducing controversial data retention laws it says are needed to tackle security and criminal threats.

------------------------------------

And what are we doing in the US regarding this issue in our country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 06:09 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Australia is on high alert for attacks by radicalized Muslims or by home-grown militants returning from fighting in the Middle East, having raised its threat level to high and undertaken a series of high-profile raids in major cities.

The government, which recently warned that the balance between freedom and security "may have to shift", is also introducing controversial data retention laws it says are needed to tackle security and criminal threats.

Nothing.

The idiot said there is no conflict against Islam.

Old 02-25-2015, 06:41 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Apparently we value freedom more maybe. From your article:
Quote:
The government, which recently warned that the balance between freedom and security "may have to shift"
Apparently you like that idea? I don't.

Old 02-25-2015, 06:48 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Apparently we value freedom more maybe. From your article:

Apparently you like that idea? I don't.
If we keep ignoring ISIS and Islamic Terrorism by renaming it in nonsensical terms, many innocent people will continue to lose not only their freedom but their lives as well. There is barbaric carnage being committed and we need to take note and call it what it is. At least, Australia is trying to deal with the threat realistically instead of downplaying it.

We can't hope to deal with it effectively if we don't call it what it is.

Old 02-25-2015, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
If we keep ignoring ISIS and Islamic Terrorism by renaming it in nonsensical terms, many innocent people will continue to lose not only their freedom but their lives as well. There is barbaric carnage being committed and we need to take note and call it what it is. At least, Australia is trying to deal with the threat realistically instead of downplaying it.

We can't hope to deal with it effectively if we don't call it what it is.
Those who sacrifice freedom for security will have neither.

I will take my chances with the terrorists over empowering my government more in the manner you describe. People need to quit being a cowards and living in fear. By doing so you give terrorists the power they want. In my mind you're a co-conspirator with them.

I think we should label them "the pretty princess kindness brigade".

Old 02-25-2015, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Those who sacrifice freedom for security will have neither.

I will take my chances with the terrorists over empowering my government more in the manner you describe. People need to quit being a cowards and living in fear. By doing so you give terrorists the power they want. In my mind you're a co-conspirator with them.

I think we should label them "the pretty princess kindness brigade".
And Obama, by insisting that they are merely extremists, is giving them cover.

Nobody is sacrificing freedom. If you're that concerned about freedom, then better check Obama who has been happily nibbling away at our freedoms from day one, and not a peep out of his supporters.

Old 02-25-2015, 06:59 PM

Quote:
And Obama, by insisting that they are merely extremists, is giving them cover.

Nobody is sacrificing freedom. If you're that concerned about freedom, then better check Obama who has been happily nibbling away at our freedoms from day one, and not a peep out of his supporters.
cover for what? They dont have aircraft carriers, nuclear armed MIRV's, or anything that can really bother us. I mean sure if you wander over there and get captured thats gonna suck.

We have more people die from heart disease every week then they have killed over here. We need to prioritize over real threats, like diabetes. Terrorists are only threats because people like you shake in their boots about them.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:02 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,507,739 times
I'm glad this Muslim drama isn't big here as much as it is in places like Europe and Australia.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote:
cover for what? They dont have aircraft carriers, nuclear armed MIRV's, or anything that can really bother us. I mean sure if you wander over there and get captured thats gonna suck.

We have more people die from heart disease every week then they have killed over here. We need to prioritize over real threats, like diabetes. Terrorists are only threats because people like you shake in their boots about them.
Typical naivete [also known as simplicity, inexperience and gullibility].

Old 02-25-2015, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Typical naivete [also known as simplicity, inexperience and gullibility].
You mean someone who points out facts instead of helping the terrorists by spreading terror? The people who do this are the people that Al-queda depend upon for their goals.

PS-I've put my life on the line for this country, as have many of my friends. The simplistic attitude would be for us to put boots on the ground and go after them, thats ISIS's wet dream to be honest, and would go a huge way to validate them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies