Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hillary was right or wrong?
I lean left - I condemn Hillary's use of a private email account for official business 32 23.88%
I lean left - I defend Hillary's use of a private email account for officoal business 33 24.63%
I lean right - I condemn Hillary's use of a private email account for official business 64 47.76%
I lean right - I defend Hillary's use of a private email account for officoal business 5 3.73%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 01:53 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Keep on lying to yourself if it make you feel better.
The State Department says that Mr Kerry is the FIRST Secretary of State to primarily use his government e-mail account. That would mean that previous Secretaries of State did not. I'm not lying to myself. I'm accepting the State Department's word because I have no reason not to accept it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 01:54 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The State Department says that Mr Kerry is the FIRST Secretary of State to primarily use his government e-mail account. That would mean that previous Secretaries of State did not. I'm not lying to myself. I'm accepting the State Department's word because I have no reason not to accept it.
In the very article the OP is based on it says Condi Rice did too. Of course the corrupt State Dept. is going to try and protect Hillary.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:57 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,946 times
Hillary was right or wrong?
I lean left - I condemn Hillary's use of a private email account for official business
I lean left - I defend Hillary's use of a private email account for officoal business
I lean right - I condemn Hillary's use of a private email account for official business
I lean right - I defend Hillary's use of a private email account for officoal business
I don't care, this will come to nothing

That option really should have been available.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:01 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Do I wish that our entire government actually behaved thoughtfully? That people in power paid heed to the law, and why laws are passed, and what the intention of the law is? Yes. I wish those in power, and those who seek to lead us, actually behaved like thoughtful, responsible adults.

Do I understand that Hillary Clinton did exactly what her predecessors did, thoughtlessly following their lead? Yes.

So while I'm loathe to defend this, I'm more loathe to let people attack Mrs Clinton while hypocritically ignoreing that all Mrs Clinton did was follow the precedent set by previous Secretaries of State.

I WANT our government to be as transparent as possible. To operate to the highest standards. I want the people who serve us, the people, to have the highest moral and ethical standards. I'm just reconciled to the fact that what I want is an uphill battle, and in the meantime, partisan politics are a part of the problem.
If you think Mrs. Clinton does anything thoughtlessly you are indeed naïve. She set up this personal email account just before being appointed by President Obama. Do you really think she is so stupid not to consider that she needs a .gov email account to conduct official business? Someone who lived in the White House for 8 years? Really?

Old 03-03-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
If you think Mrs. Clinton does anything thoughtlessly you are indeed naïve. She set up this personal email account just before being appointed by President Obama. Do you really think she is so stupid not to consider that she needs a .gov email account to conduct official business? Someone who lived in the White House for 8 years? Really?
I think one of her aides asked how previous Secretaries of State handled their e-mail, and followed suit.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:04 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
BS, Condie was the first.

Hillary Clinton's Personal Email Use Differed from Other Top Officials - NBC News

Old 03-03-2015, 02:10 PM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
well, she's definately learned alot from White Water, at least she doesn't have to shred anything.
>>> LOL. I can almost see the senile old dear telling her staff to " Shred those emails!"

Old 03-03-2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
BS. Condie rarely used e-mail at all.

Per the State Department, Secretary Kerry is the FIRST Secretary of State to primarily use a government e-mail account.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:57 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Any employee in any business should be using their corporate email account for company business.

Old 03-03-2015, 03:51 PM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
WE DO HAVE THEM.

There are e-mails in the archives coming from and going to Mrs Clinton's private e-mail address.

If I send you a text from my phone to your phone, and I delete the text from my phone, have I deleted the text on your phone, too?
"WE DO HAVE THEM." we have what? I admt I missed this originally. " HILLARY used a personal email accountfor all State Department official

Emphasis on ALL. In other words the ONLY system she used was her PERSONAL account."

NO other Sec, of State did this. They used BOTH systems. So saying others did the same thing doesn't hold any water.

"There are e-mails in the archives coming from and going to Mrs Clinton's private e-mail address."

You are missing the point, AGAIN, if it is her PERSONAL account we do NOT have an archive of those emails.

Her staff scrubbed the emails BEFORE turning them over. If we DON'T have ALL her personal emails how do we know who she was conversing with? If her staff scrubbed EVERY email to and from YOU there would be NO RECORD OF IT.

You have lost every point you have tried to make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies