Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 06:22 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times

Advertisements

I would have expected Barack Obama to bolster the education and living situations in black communites. I would have supported that. Instead, he is bribing illegal aliens to become future Democrat voters. I think that is shameful. Two billion allocated to give refunds to illegals? Really?

Old 03-13-2015, 06:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I would have expected Barack Obama to bolster the education and living situations in black communites. I would have supported that. Instead, he is bribing illegal aliens to become future Democrat voters. I think that is shameful. Two billion allocated to give refunds to illegals? Really?
Or a strategic investment. I don't like it.

With that said, the GOP isn't doing anything about illegal immigration either.

[so they're even]

Old 03-13-2015, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post

[so they're even]
I don't think the GOP supports tax refunds for illegals. I agree that the Republicans are weak in protecting our borders. It's sad and the reason that many are bailing on the Republican Party. Boehner is a drunken joke.

Old 03-13-2015, 06:32 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,580,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post

[so they're even]
Most of the business owners who hire them are probably republican.

Old 03-13-2015, 06:36 PM

Quote:
I don't think the GOP supports tax refunds for illegals. I agree that the Republicans are weak in protecting our borders. It's sad and the reason that many are bailing on the Republican Party. Boehner is a drunken joke.
I don't know if they do or not either. With that said, I agree with their general opposition to granting amnesty to illegal immigrants.

[obama is off on that one]

Old 03-13-2015, 06:39 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
Most of the business owners who hire them are probably republican.
Republicans have both houses of Congress. They campaigned on the promise that they would deal with immigration first and foremost. They convinced a whole bunch of their constituents that they would take action as soon as they were elected. And they have completely bailed on immigration reform just a few months into the session.

Don't like Obama's fix? Then write a bill. But they won't because they don't want to go on record as being on the wrong side of immigration. Instead, they'll whine and whine and do absolutely nothing. But they'll be sure to use this issue again in 2016 to garner votes again, even knowing they have no intention of doing anything.

OP, you seem to think Obama was elected to help black people and not all Americans. But if he had done anything special to help only blacks, you and every other Republican would be screaming bloody murder about it. Don't bother to deny it. We all know it's true. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Old 03-13-2015, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Republicans have both houses of Congress. They campaigned on the promise that they would deal with immigration first and foremost. They convinced a whole bunch of their constituents that they would take action as soon as they were elected. And they have completely bailed on immigration reform just a few months into the session.

Don't like Obama's fix? Then write a bill. But they won't because they don't want to go on record as being on the wrong side of immigration. Instead, they'll whine and whine and do absolutely nothing. But they'll be sure to use this issue again in 2016 to garner votes again, even knowing they have no intention of doing anything.

Pretty much. Both sides at the federal level appear to be only interested in votes for public offices. In other words - power. Solutions to this nation's biggest problems? Those are only available as bonus features on the limited edition DVD for which you and I will have to pay extra as US taxpayers.

[or kick the can down the road]

Old 03-13-2015, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post

OP, you seem to think Obama was elected to help black people and not all Americans. But if he had done anything special to help only blacks, you and every other Republican would be screaming bloody murder about it. Don't bother to deny it. We all know it's true. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.
No, I don't think Obama was elected to help to help black people and not all Americans. My point was that I would like to have seen him spend money to fix the problem in black communities, lack of education and opportunity. Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton have done nothing for black communities either. They shoudl have been lobbying for money to bolster education and opportunity in these communities. Instead they are self serving partisans. I do know that many black leaders recognize them such.

Old 03-13-2015, 07:02 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,521,064 times
Only idiots thought obama was down fo' the struggle. obama has dark skin but all he is is a white guy using it to his political advantage. He ain't no brotha' and he never was.

Old 03-13-2015, 07:09 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Are you talking about halting the deportation of people that were brought over to this country as children? We should punish them b/c their parents came over and are undocumented - really? Or, what exactly are you talking about. Please clarify and detail what types of people you don't want in our country. Then, have a plan that the Republican will actually implement. You really think the Republicans don't like undocumented people? People that can be pushed around and paid like slaves. I feel you should think about your stance a little more before spouting off on such undocumented ideas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies