Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2015, 07:20 AM

876 posts, read 1,001,995 times

Advertisements

I have noticed that the politically correct people are now praising both feminism and the transgender fights at the same time. May I ask how both these people can be right at the same time?

On one hand we have the feminists that state gender is fake or at the very least that the physical aspect of it is fake, and on the other hand we have transgenders who claim not only that gender is real but that the physical aspect of it makes all the difference (hence why they claim to be stuck in the wrong bodies).

Why are social justice warriors applauding both causes at once? Both cannot be correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2015, 08:06 AM

3,302 posts, read 3,030,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkarin View Post
I have noticed that the politically correct people are now praising both feminism and the transgender fights at the same time. May I ask how both these people can be right at the same time?

On one hand we have the feminists that state gender is fake or at the very least that the physical aspect of it is fake, and on the other hand we have transgenders who claim not only that gender is real but that the physical aspect of it makes all the difference (hence why they claim to be stuck in the wrong bodies).

Why are social justice warriors applauding both causes at once? Both cannot be correct.
Could you give a link to an article, etc. stating that feminists feel that gender is fake? What I have mostly seen is feminists saying that gender should have nothing to do with how much a person is paid, whether or not the person is seen as a legitimate target for harassment, etc., not that it doesn't exist.

Old 03-18-2015, 08:42 AM

18,401 posts, read 19,031,744 times
I think you don't know what feminism is, and probably kinda shaky on what transgender people think as well.

Old 03-18-2015, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
Could you give a link to an article, etc. stating that feminists feel that gender is fake? What I have mostly seen is feminists saying that gender should have nothing to do with how much a person is paid, whether or not the person is seen as a legitimate target for harassment, etc., not that it doesn't exist.
So you haven't ever noticed the constant talk about gender just being a social construct and how the only thing that makes men and women different are the funny parts?

Old 03-18-2015, 08:52 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,275,326 times
Oh good lord, does it even matter who is correct? I fully expect this pseudo-issue will quickly degenerate into a food fight like all other issues, and devolve into mud slinging and personal attacks about things completely unrelated to the topic in short order, just like all other social issues do anymore. I see no point in discussing it.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:17 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:

No. They believe the perceived limitations of gender are grossly overstated. They believe that gender is not a barrier to accomplishment nor equality of rights. Not that "gender is fake". I don't think you understand the word fake.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:28 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
So you haven't ever noticed the constant talk about gender just being a social construct and how the only thing that makes men and women different are the funny parts?
No, but I have heard, and believe, that specified gender ROLES are a social construct. You know like women stay home, cook, clean, care for the children, and have a martini waiting for her hubby when he gets home from work while the man is the bread winner, protector, and lord of the home.

I think you are having an issue with the word gender. It can mean gender role as in what a male in supposed to be and what a female is supposed to be. Then there is gender as in the sex of people male (has a twig and berries) female (doesn't).

Old 03-18-2015, 09:36 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,770,924 times
If you're looking for logic and consistency among Social Justice Warriors- you're gonna be disappointed.

That's not to say I necessarily disagree with them most of the time. Hell I'm glad they're around and I think they make an important contribution to society. But if it's logic you want... my advice is to look elsewhere.

Old 03-18-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
If you're looking for logic and consistency among Social Justice Warriors- you're gonna be disappointed.

That's not to say I necessarily disagree with them most of the time. Hell I'm glad they're around and I think they make an important contribution to society. But if it's logic you want... my advice is to look elsewhere.
If you believe them to be illogical, then what good are they contributing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies