Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 07:53 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
As I age and meet more people, I've noticed that almost uniformly people who vote Republican are more successful, content, and fulfilled than those who vote Democrat. The Democrats are often filled with loathing, angst, and general discontent, while Republicans are often more satisfied, at peace, and fulfilled overall.

Why do you think this is? Have you noticed it?
What is the actual point of this thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2017, 07:57 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
One thing I've noticed is that many Democrats who move up financially become more satisfied, at peace and fulfilled overall. Many also become Republicans because Republican policies benefit the financially better off.
I haven't noticed this at all. My father (RIP) was very successful, had a good paying day job, and for about 15 years also ran his own business in addition, and was a lifelong liberal Democrat.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:59 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
It's a lovecrowds thread, just not by lovecrowds. It's just more liberal bashing

Old 11-11-2017, 07:59 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
As I age and meet more people, I've noticed that almost uniformly people who vote Republican are more successful, content, and fulfilled than those who vote Democrat. The Democrats are often filled with loathing, angst, and general discontent, while Republicans are often more satisfied, at peace, and fulfilled overall.

Your opinion duly noted, in my experience its the repubs who are less successful. they just sit around with their guns and find new targets to hate while listening to the likes of the supreme opinionator Limbaugh.

Opinion def =
opinion
Something that people think matters.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:00 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times
Quote:

Democrat voter here. I'm an engineering project manager. Making 6 figures. I'm satisfied with my career and the direction I'm going. I've met plenty of successful Democrat voters. Have also met very angry Republican voters who are poor with missing teeth.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:05 AM

21,136 posts, read 19,722,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but I've found that left-handed people that only eat waffles on Tuesdays are generally happier than right -handed people that eat them on Mondays.
Delayed gratification is one of the characteristics of successful people.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:08 AM

21,136 posts, read 19,722,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
If it that's generally true why are the poorest states like Alabama and Mississippi overwhelmingly Republican and the richest states like Connecticut and Massachusetts overwhelmingly Democratic?
What happens when you take into account the cost of living?

Old 11-11-2017, 08:08 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post

Self-delusion

Old 11-11-2017, 09:38 AM

23,976 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The liberal left loves to find fault with everything. They love to protest be violent and love to scream,hold signs and it is their favorite party. To be out of control nutty weirdos with inciting language. I personally think they are mentally ill.
Perhaps they see a different possibility.

Old 11-11-2017, 09:46 AM

10,764 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Democrats are too ideological and wordy, and they try to change your mind and argue needlessly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies