Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 04:54 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,851,378 times

Advertisements

Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz apologized on Wednesday for making a joke about Democratic Vice President Joe Biden, whose son died on the weekend.

Republican candidate Cruz apologizes to Biden for joke

YEAH RIGHT,just another 'insincere' apology from another blackhearted politician!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 04:59 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,121,435 times
Nobody will ever mistaken me for a Tea Partier, but I believe that Ted just repeated a tired old joke without thinking. He was insensitive if he was aware of Beau's death, but there was no malice IMHO. I am not a fan of Ted, to put it mildly, but we shouldn't jump on him for this.

Mick

Old 06-04-2015, 05:01 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,953,952 times
Sounds like someone needs a box to tissue.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:04 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
What's wrong? The joke wasn't even horrendous or terrible... I understand bad timing but I think it is a bit overblown and overhyped...

Old 06-04-2015, 05:16 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,851,378 times
The ONLY reason he apologized is because someone obviously pointed out what an unfeeling ass it made him appear!

He has probably never mourned for anyone.

Old 06-04-2015, 06:17 PM

46,972 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz apologized on Wednesday for making a joke about Democratic Vice President Joe Biden, whose son died on the weekend.

YEAH RIGHT,just another 'insincere' apology from another blackhearted politician!
Count me in as someone who absolutely cannot stand Ted Cruz and whatever policies he may suggest, but that apology was actually OK. No "I am sorry if what I said was misconstrued", no "I regret any hurt feelings" - this was an actual apology, so good on him.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:54 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Count me in as someone who absolutely cannot stand Ted Cruz and whatever policies he may suggest, but that apology was actually OK. No "I am sorry if what I said was misconstrued", no "I regret any hurt feelings" - this was an actual apology, so good on him.
agreed.

Old 06-04-2015, 09:25 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,772,016 times
Quote:

Do you hate Hispanics?

Old 06-04-2015, 09:55 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Nobody will ever mistaken me for a Tea Partier, but I believe that Ted just repeated a tired old joke without thinking. He was insensitive if he was aware of Beau's death, but there was no malice IMHO. I am not a fan of Ted, to put it mildly, but we shouldn't jump on him for this.

Mick

Meanwhile,

Biden to parents of slain Navy Seal: "Did Your Son Always Have Balls The Size Of Cue Balls?"

Ted Cruze`s critics: .................................................( crickets chirping) .................................................. ...................

Joe`s kid gets pulled out of the right crotch, next thing you know he`s a national hero.

Old 06-04-2015, 10:22 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
The ONLY reason he apologized is because someone obviously pointed out what an unfeeling ass it made him appear!

He has probably never mourned for anyone.
Yep.

I don't buy for one second that he actually regrets what he said. He only regrets the reaction to what he said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies