Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 08:44 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

Fox has led the ratings for 12+ years.

Audiences are older than MSNBC and CNN.

As someone who delivers Meal on Wheels, I can tell you that many seniors have Fox News on all day long. Maybe living in a state of sustained outrage leads to longevity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 08:52 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Cool. Do you also have the scores from spring training? What did the White Sox do?

Sarcasm aside, I'm not sure what the point of these threads are. I don't consume news based on popular opinion.
Trolling threads again, today.... ehhh?

Old 04-01-2015, 09:01 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,094,264 times
The explanation for Fox's success comes from feeding some sense of anger/dismay that many conservatives have with the direction this country seems to be heading. It dovetails well with their desire to return to the Leave it to Beaver era. On a personal level, I can certainly see that effect with my Father in Law. I've also noticed that FOX news tends to exacerbate things to keep the fire going. Personally, if I were a viewer, I think it'd leave me exhausted to be so angry all of the time.

MSNBC's heyday was during the Bush years when liberals were more worried about the country. However, with the presence of Barack Obama in the Whitehouse, the source of that anger seems to have tapered some. Without the fuel, the fire will naturally die out.

Any increase in viewership in the 25-30 segment of that wide range listed in the ratings (25-54, really? the disparity in that pool is gaping). Is likely attributable to individuals becoming disenfranchised with Obama or positions he's taking. I'm a 35 yr old male with 25 year old cousins and 55 year old coworkers. The idea that those two should be lumped together in any categorization is odd.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:18 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
I would hate to see MSNBC fold. They are an example of the raving left for the world to see. I actually watch mAddow at times to remind myself how pathetic the left really is

Old 04-01-2015, 09:24 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Hhahaaaaaaa....I love seeing all the lefties panties Geting in a bunch over this.......fox news is dumb...blah blah blah...and yet the people with their panties in a bunch still believe you can keep your doctor, your insurance, and all the other crap dished out.....

Hahahaaaaasaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa@a

Old 04-01-2015, 09:47 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
It's not concern about ratings, it's concern about the direction the country is moving in -- perhaps this means Americans are finally waking up to what's happening to our country under this administration. FOX news is
The only TV media not afraid to tell the truth and facts about what is happening
No, what it actually means is that no one but old people get their news from television newscasts anymore, so a newscast that is aimed at old people is bigger than ones that are not. The younger generations rely on digital media for news and entertainment. I know of no one under 30 who watches any broadcast news

So basically Fox News viewers are a bunch of old people shaking their fists at the TV in fury and raging against the passing of the good old days. And they have congregated at Fox because that's the only place left for them. They are to be pitied because progress terrifies them.

You have to wonder if Fox News is making plans for the near future, when all their viewers die off.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:28 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Cool. Do you also have the scores from spring training? What did the White Sox do?

Sarcasm aside, I'm not sure what the point of these threads are. I don't consume news based on popular opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So what?

Is Fox News mailing the OP a check?

Why do you folks care about tv ratings?
Quote:
I'm scratching my head, too. I don't own stock in any media company, so ratings are something I would never think about, much less care about. I do want to know who won the Sox game, though.
Obviously, you two care enough about the topic to comment on it. NV, you were the VERY FIRST REPLY.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:33 AM

998 posts, read 665,397 times
I always tune in to MSNBC when I want a good laugh. It makes a good drinking game with my friends. Take a drink every time they accuse someone of being a bigot or racist. We have to stop within 5 minutes or we'd all be on the floor comatose.

I don't understand who actually watches that network in earnest? They must be very angry people.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:37 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,769,559 times
Republicans win teevee ratings via millions of geezers who can't even log on to a computer... many of whom will be dead in 20 years.

Democrats win the WHITE HOUSE via millions of diverse, technically savvy young people who watch less teevee every year, but will be voting Left for decades to come.

Congratulations Teabillies. Enjoy!

Old 04-01-2015, 10:44 AM
J24

448 posts, read 863,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Republicans win teevee ratings via millions of geezers who can't even log on to a computer... many of whom will be dead in 20 years.

Democrats win the WHITE HOUSE via millions of diverse, technically savvy young people who watch less teevee every year, but will be voting Left for decades to come.

Congratulations Teabillies. Enjoy!
I think you've failed to even read the post. The increase in viewers was in the 25-54 age range. I'm pretty sure most of the people in that age range can log on to a computer and the great majority will still be alive in 20 years.

Congratulations, liberal. I guess you aren't even able to read!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies