Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2015, 09:16 AM

89,327 posts, read 45,064,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
So what?
Depends on whether one condones the execution of gays, or not. If one does, Apple products are for them.

Tim Cook MADE his own and Apple's choice by continuing to remain silent on the execution of gays in the countries in which Apple does business, but publicly condemning a sales/service regulation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, now that you have been educated about the fact that we do in fact import oil from OPEC.
I never said we didn't. I said we import most oil from Canada and Non OPEC countries.

Whereas,100% of Apple's products sold and serviced in countries that execute gays come 100% from Apple.

But, hey, thanks for keeping this going so everyone can clearly see exactly who the gay-haters really are.

100% of Apple's products sold and serviced in countries that execute gays come 100% from Apple.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:23 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,106,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Elaborate on "something"?

Besides it seems you lefties really hate anything you cant control.
Celebrating a marriage. Happiness. Love. Does it matter? Baking or not baking the cake won't change them getting married, so what purpose does it serve other than to act pretentious?

And nice job showing you're inability to think. I'm a lefty because I recognize the stupidity of not baking a cake for gay people. Yup, all about control. I'm also a communist, just because we don't agree on one issue. That's how reality works, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Indeed, he is. Had he not publicly condemned Indiana's law while remaining silent on the execution of gays in the countries in which Apple does business, he wouldn't be. But he stuck his foot in his mouth and exposed to the world how hypocritical he really is.
I explained my logic. I'll explain it again. This time, be sure to read it.

He can't do anything about what Saudi Arabia does. He has no power there. But he can fight the Indiana bill because that's American politics, and he's an established American CEO. He could stop selling products in Saudi Arabia, but I know, and he knows, that would change absolutely nothing. Saudi Arabia will be a **** place to live, with or without iPhones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Yes, this is true. And that's why Cook is a hypocrite. He protests about a gay wedding cake while saying nothing about killing gays.

Why is killing gays in the mid east less evil than refusing to bake a gay cake?
Read the above. It's not about which is worse, it's about what he can realistically expect to achieve.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
I explained my logic. I'll explain it again. This time, be sure to read it.

He can't do anything about what Saudi Arabia does. He has no power there.
BS. Tim Cook and Apple can stop selling Apple products in countries that execute gays. That would be a much stronger pro-gay statement and position than merely mewling about a sales/service regulation.

Want Apple products? Want Apple to service those products? Stop executing gays. Major corporations do indeed have the power to influence what other countries do. Look at how many countries have lower corporate tax rates than the US to try to entice large corporations to leave the US.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:34 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,673,195 times
Quote:
I never said we didn't. I said we import most oil from Canada and Non OPEC countries.
So, you are only a certain percentage hypocritical?
What is it...50%? 30%?

LOL

Old 04-02-2015, 09:43 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,106,765 times
Quote:
BS. Tim Cook and Apple can stop selling Apple products in countries that execute gays. That would be a much stronger pro-gay statement and position than merely mewling about a sales/service regulation.

Want Apple products? Want Apple to service those products? Stop executing gays. Major corporations do indeed have the power to influence what other countries do. Look at how many countries have lower corporate tax rates than the US to try to entice large corporations to leave the US.
Of course he can stop selling things in Saudi Arabia, but would it matter? No! Saudi Arabia will do what it wants, even if they can't get the new Macbook. And again, he can protest Indiana and possibly win that battle, but there's a less that .1% chance that he could affect change in Saudi Arabia.

Bare in mind, he's still a CEO. If Saudi Arabia has a demand for Apple products, he technically has a responsibility to his company and it's shareholders to do what's best financially for Apple. Do you think he could shut down the store in Saudi Arabia and keep the board of directors happy? Probably not. But he can say unhappy things about a bill in Indiana without threatening his companies profits. Think about what you're accusing him of for a minute.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:47 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,765,506 times
Quote:
You say it as if it made any difference, when it does not.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
What is it...50%? 30%?
The countries in which Apple has a presence (online or brick and mortar) that execute gays supplies only 13.7% of US oil imports, total.

U.S. Total Crude Oil and Products Imports

Whereas, 100% of Apple's products sold and serviced in countries that execute gays come 100% from Apple.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:05 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,632,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
They have a point. Why are people giving the countries that do horrible things to women and gays a pass? They are hypocrites.
Or perhaps they feel they can have more influence here, I'm not sure. Though if I had the money, I'd hope I wouldn't do business in countries that treat citizens that way. Either way I'm so sorry the OP feels his right to discriminate has been infringed on.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:55 AM

13,605 posts, read 10,021,174 times
Quote:
The countries in which Apple has a presence (online or brick and mortar) that execute gays supplies only 13.7% of US oil imports, total.

U.S. Total Crude Oil and Products Imports

Whereas, 100% of Apple's products sold and serviced in countries that execute gays come 100% from Apple.
America is known to execute innocent people. Gay or not.

Do you have a presence in America?

Why do you support the execution of innocent Americans?

It's disgusting that you speak out against the execution of innocent people in other countries, while staying silent and tacitly agreeing with the execution of innocent Americans.

How can you say buying an Apple product is worse than executing Americans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies