Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 02:46 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,361,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I have never seen HappyTexan defend a "conservative" for something he would condemn a "liberal" for.

He should have but that doesn't excuse Reid.
Reid was stating hearsay. This isnt a court of law. Its acceptable to do so.

I hold a ton of things against Reid, this isnt even near the top of the list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 02:54 PM

7,500 posts, read 5,747,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
So why did Mitt refuse to release his tax info for the longest time? Release it right away and squash any false speculations.
Another twisted mental thought process from the left. How in the hell do liberals get their pants on righr each morning?

Why did hillary destroy emails?
Why did hillary accept millions from foreign governments?
Why has Obama lied everytime he opened his mouth in the last 6 years?

Stop in think it through.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:56 PM
J24

448 posts, read 863,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

Harry Reid was stating something that he, you, I, and everyone else knows is a load of crap simply for political gain. Anyone who who seriously tries to argue otherwise needs major big reality check.

Reid is a shady politician. He knew that he could say literally anything he wanted without a shred of proof or evidence backing his statement, and there would be tons of people who would believe him without question.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:56 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,730,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
Reid defamed Romney:

"He didn't pay taxes for 10 years!" Reid said. "Now, do I know that that's true? Well, I'm not certain, but obviously he can't release those tax returns. How would it look?"
A few days after the HuffPo interview, Reid made the same charge on the Senate floor, this time claiming as fact that Romney paid no taxes." When Harry Reid knew it was a lie.

What should be the consequences, if any, for this lie?
The worst consequence was four more years of the most divisive president in the past 150 years. Before Obama, racism was on the decline and the two parties actually worked together every once in awhile. Now racism -- both white on black and black on white -- is worst than I can remember in my lifetime. The two parties both seem to believe that compromise is a four letter word. Iran and North Korea both have nukes at this point and might not if Romney had been elected. The recovery from the Recession probably would have taken less time, though that's hard to say for certain. I highly doubt that ISIS would have gotten so far out of hand. And Romney was a bridge-builder. Democrats and Republicans might actually get along better by now. Romney wasn't my choice for president but he'd have been better than Obama certainly.

Consequences for Reid specifically? If Romney wants to, he can hit him with a slander lawsuit anytime he wants. Could range as high as $1 million or higher and he'd probably win. Of course, if Romney had wanted to do that, he'd have done it already. Instead he just let it go. Very Christian of him.

I think Romney got caught asking the question, "Why in the heck do you want all my prior tax returns?? If there was something wrong, the IRS would have come after me ages ago." Romney lost over stupid stuff. A dog kennel atop a car, being "too rich" and not paying enough taxes. None of these things say anything about how good a POTUS he'd have been. Also demonstrates now incredibly gullible most Americans are.

Old 04-01-2015, 03:20 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What threads like these show us all, is that Democrats and liberals have absolutely no sense of morality or standards, unless of course we're discussing a republican, then of course they will stand on top of the mountain and preach about how bad it is that they went into a bathroom and tapped their floor, and should be hung by the neck at dawn...
I'm no fan of Boehner's lies either.

Old 04-01-2015, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Consequences for Reid specifically? If Romney wants to, he can hit him with a slander lawsuit anytime he wants. Could range as high as $1 million or higher and he'd probably win. Of course, if Romney had wanted to do that, he'd have done it already. Instead he just let it go. Very Christian of him.
Actually no he could not. He is a public figure, and speech before congress is protected. This had nothing to do with the Mormon acting very christian.
Quote:
I think Romney got caught asking the question, "Why in the heck do you want all my prior tax returns?? If there was something wrong, the IRS would have come after me ages ago." Romney lost over stupid stuff. A dog kennel atop a car, being "too rich" and not paying enough taxes. None of these things say anything about how good a POTUS he'd have been. Also demonstrates now incredibly gullible most Americans are.
Again...His own father was well known for running against Nixon, and releasing a ton of tax return information. Reading your response you think someone showing poor judgement, and using every tax dodge possible makes a good president? That DOES demonstrate how incredibly gullible many Americans are all right.

Old 04-01-2015, 04:15 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Quote:

Translation, NO STANDARDS for Democrats..

Old 04-01-2015, 04:17 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Quote:
Actually no he could not. He is a public figure, and speech before congress is protected. This had nothing to do with the Mormon acting very christian.

Again...His own father was well known for running against Nixon, and releasing a ton of tax return information.
SO WHAT.. There is no requirement
Quote:
Reading your response you think someone showing poor judgement, and using every tax dodge possible makes a good president? That DOES demonstrate how incredibly gullible many Americans are all right.
I'd say someone who knows about the possibilities of tax dodging, would indeed be in a better position to deal with tax issues than someone who has no dam clue about what people will do to avoid them.

Old 04-01-2015, 04:18 PM

Quote:
SO WHAT.. There is no requirement

I'd say someone who knows about the possibilities of tax dodging, would indeed be in a better position to deal with tax issues than someone who has no dam clue about what people will do to avoid them.
Shrug, nope no requirement, just as there is no requirement for me to vote for him, etc etc. Whats your point there?

And please, Romney wasn't going to address tax dodging. Thats hilarious.
Quote:
Translation, NO STANDARDS for Democrats..
Oh please. your partisanship is amazing there.

Old 04-01-2015, 04:23 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,730,895 times
Quote:
Are you one of those nutters who thinks that Mormons aren't Christian?

Harry Reid is Mormon too, so that's pretty irrelevant.

Quote:
Again...His own father was well known for running against Nixon, and releasing a ton of tax return information. Reading your response you think someone showing poor judgement, and using every tax dodge possible makes a good president? That DOES demonstrate how incredibly gullible many Americans are all right.
Yeah it was mighty stupid of Romney to even hesitate. Then again, it was mighty stupid of Obama to refuse to release his college records and it didn't seem to matter. Obama has a past history of excessive drug use and it didn't matter. It's very strange that Obama's past was irrelevant, but Romney's past was make-or-break. How very hypocritical of the Dems.

At this point, running for president is a fool's game. Romney wasn't even my guy. I thought that the GOP should have found better candidates, but they didn't and they lost the election because of it. But with the benefit of hindsight, having Romney as POTUS would have been vastly better. Obama has been terrible. I'm ashamed that I voted for him in 2008.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies