Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 02:44 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,510,277 times

Advertisements

Overpopulation and over-development in a dry region leads to this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 02:44 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
If the liberals would enforce immigration laws the valley would dry up and save billions of gallons of water. What are the chances of that happening?
About the same as the chances of the conservatives enforcing immigration laws.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:46 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
If the liberals would enforce immigration laws the valley would dry up and save billions of gallons of water. What are the chances of that happening?
Water usage in california for drinking water is only about 5% of the usage. The largest usage is for agriculture at over 70%.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:47 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,408,756 times
California is next to the biggest ****ing pond of water on Planet Earth, yet is complaining about a water shortage.

Did I miss something?

'Murica.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:53 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,733,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
California is in a state of severe drought and you are more worried that people won't be able to water their lawn than that the state will potentially run out of water within a year?

I'm glad to see that he is ordering golf courses to reduce their water usage. The idea of golf courses in the desert is an obscene waste of a precious resource. Arizona and Nevada should follow suit.

The same thing could be said for the LA basin...You do understand the only thing keeping it habitable is water from far away right places like Arizona and Nevada?

Last edited by my54ford; 04-02-2015 at 03:01 PM..

Old 04-02-2015, 02:56 PM
J24

448 posts, read 864,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
California is next to the biggest ****ing pond of water on Planet Earth, yet is complaining about a water shortage.

Did I miss something?

'Murica.
I take it you've never been to the ocean and swallowed a mouthful of water. Converting ocean water into drinkable water is a very expensive process, not something that can be easily done in mass quantities.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:59 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:

Did I miss something?

'Murica.
NIMBY.

Your liberal friends demand that.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:02 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,044,420 times
Quote:

Did I miss something?

'Murica.
I seriously hope you are kidding.......

Old 04-02-2015, 03:02 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,408,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post
I take it you've never been to the ocean and swallowed a mouthful of water. Converting ocean water into drinkable water is a very expensive process, not something that can be easily done in mass quantities.
Expensive?

Are you consuming the right-wing LIES, that somehow we cannot "afford" to cultivate fresh water for our citizens? Where do you think this money comes form?

If desalinization is such a bad idea... why is Israel doing it?

How is it that the wealthiest monetarily sovereign government cannot "afford" the technology to desalinate the world's largest pond, but can "afford" to wage countless wars? How is it that "cost" is the common excuse to refuse to solve any problems that serve the interest of the general population?

You've been duped.

My question will stand. How can the wealthiest state in the wealthiest nation bordered by the largest water supply on the planet possibly have such a dire water shortage?

Old 04-02-2015, 03:08 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,422,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Water usage in california for drinking water is only about 5% of the usage. The largest usage is for agriculture at over 70%.

That's what I just said. According to liberals if there were no illegals there would be no farming in California. The valley farmers would pack up and we would save billions of gallons of water wasted on growing produce in the desert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies