Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 08:44 AM

232 posts, read 237,789 times

Advertisements

Franklin County Speedway uses unique marketing plan to attract African-Americans | Latest News - WDBJ7.com Central and Southwest VA

Not a bright idea.....its racism plain and simple. So lets try to get blacks involved in racing ( I have no idea why they don't care for it) and alienate 90% of your clients which happen to be white...good idea!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 08:46 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,408,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wolf View Post
Franklin County Speedway uses unique marketing plan to attract African-Americans | Latest News - WDBJ7.com Central and Southwest VA

Not a bright idea.....its racism plain and simple. So lets try to get blacks involved in racing ( I have no idea why they don't care for it) and alienate 90% of your clients which happen to be white...good idea!

The mistake they are making is not blaming whites for the need to let blacks in free.

Without blanket accusations of white racism preceding their initiative and making it the correct course of action in order to oppose racism, it`s just racism.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:50 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,267,512 times
It's their track. Would it alienate me? No. It's an attempt at growing their base.

I go to places and the sign says "kids 15 and under free". So a guy comes up and pays his $20 and gets his two kids in free also. It's an attempt to get kids involved and to get the parent there that might not be able to otherwise. Am I offended that he got 3 people in for his $20 and I only got one? No.

I go to a restaurant and the sign says "kids eat free on Tuesday" (in little letters it says 2 kids eat free with each adult meal). So a family of six gets to eat for the same price as the wife and I. Am I offended? No.

That is as long as I don't have to sit next to White Wolf and momonkey that seem to see racism in everything.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:52 AM

7,580 posts, read 5,335,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wolf View Post
It may not be the brightest idea, especially in this climate of white aggrievement, but racist? I think not. Frankly it is not different that lady's night at the local club or bar. You want to tap into a new market demographic, you target them with promotional give aways and other incentives.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:06 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,832,625 times
So is it ok to now charge different amounts based on ones race?

Would it be ok for a restraunt to charge white $5 for a burger and black people $30 for the same burger? Or the inverse of everyone having to pay the same price but white people get a 80% discount?

Obviously the above example is illegal, what is different about the track?

Old 04-10-2015, 09:12 AM

15,649 posts, read 10,410,318 times
Hasn't anyone been to a Ladies' Night at a bar in their lifetime? Male or female? Some state courts allow "Ladies' Night", others don't. I think this speedway is using a similar marketing tactic to Ladies' night to draw black fans to the speedway.

"A ladies' night is a promotional event, often at a bar or nightclub, where female patrons pay less than male patrons for the cover charge or drinks.

State courts in California, Maryland, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin have ruled that ladies' night discounts are unlawful gender discrimination under state or local statutes.

However, courts in Illinois, Minnesota, and Washington have rejected a variety of challenges to such discounts." Wikipedia

Old 04-10-2015, 09:12 AM

18,463 posts, read 7,103,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The mistake they are making is not blaming whites for the need to let blacks in free.

Without blanket accusations of white racism preceding their initiative and making it the correct course of action in order to oppose racism, it`s just racism.

"Affirmative Traction"

Old 04-10-2015, 09:16 AM

45,248 posts, read 26,488,601 times
I have no problem with it. Nor would I have a problem with a business doing a white day, gay day, hetero day, chinese day, tranny day, etc.
Discrimination is a sign of a free society (and we all discriminate)

Old 04-10-2015, 09:20 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,557,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I have no problem with it. Nor would I have a problem with a business doing a white day, gay day, hetero day, chinese day, tranny day, etc.
Discrimination is a sign of a free society (and we all discriminate)
Could you imagine the public outrage if there were a sign "Whites get in free" ???

Old 04-10-2015, 09:22 AM

45,248 posts, read 26,488,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Could you imagine the public outrage if there were a sign "Whites get in free" ???

Sadly progressives have turned discrimination into a political tool to wield.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies