Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 10:06 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,573,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
You would have made quite a good Loyalist in 1775. Should slaves just accept their fate? The government is not some magical benevolent entity that is looking out for you, laws exist to keep the state in power. The state depends on people like you, who seemingly blindly submits to governmental authority, to keep the system running. "Law of the land" and all of that is usually uttered in defense of bull**** laws. Slavery and Jim Crow were once law of the land. Good thing that people didn't sit around and wait for Big Daddy Government to tell us those were wrong. Just because the state says something doesn't make it right. Is that thought "dangerous?" Yeah, but freedom is dangerous, that is why the masses willing accept their slavery because it is safe and easy.
So one should side with these "Miners" who are digging up Gold for personal profit, and no one has looked at any of the regulations they claim they have , nor what authority they have or don't have. So a bunch of clowns, motivated by "opinions" should arm up, and go there to stand off the Federal Government with guns, if needed, and get into a shooting match with Government Troops if it escalates? Sounds like a plan to me. I just wish I owned some adjoining land, so I could set up seats and a popcorn, beer, and hot dog stand.

Does anyone actually believe that the Feds would just make up stuff, with no legal guidelines being looked at, and just go in because they felt like it? Does anyone actually believe that a handful of armed "Fruitcakes" make a formidable foe for well armed Troops and Police? These people are there, making money, and likely have no legal right to not comply with Land Management. None of them are having their "Rights" violated, because we don't know what they are, and neither do these "Oathkeeper" clowns. Who knows what the "Grandfathered" clauses, if they exist, say, and what their limitations are? That's what Courts are for.

People like this give Militias bad names, acting like they actually could survive a combat event against Armed Troops and Police Tactical Units. Militias where never meant to be private Armies for personal causes, or to protect individual Commercial interests, against Government Regulation in a time of Peace.

Around here, the Militia, (if we had one, of course) would provide additional security and support for Law Enforcement, if asked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 10:15 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
So one should side with these "Miners" who are digging up Gold for personal profit, and no one has looked at any of the regulations they claim they have , nor what authority they have or don't have. So a bunch of clowns, motivated by "opinions" should arm up, and go there to stand off the Federal Government with guns, if needed, and get into a shooting match with Government Troops if it escalates? Sounds like a plan to me. I just wish I owned some adjoining land, so I could set up seats and a popcorn, beer, and hot dog stand.
Its illegal for the federal government to use troops against the citizens.

Quote:
Does anyone actually believe that the Feds would just make up stuff, with no legal guidelines being looked at, and just go in because they felt like it? Does anyone actually believe that a handful of armed "Fruitcakes" make a formidable foe for well armed Troops and Police? These people are there, making money, and likely have no legal right to not comply with Land Management. None of them are having their "Rights" violated, because we don't know what they are, and neither do these "Oathkeeper" clowns. Who knows what the "Grandfathered" clauses, if they exist, say, and what their limitations are? That's what Courts are for.
Early on I posted where the BLM has lost in court. I only posted one to make a point but its lost more than once so yeah, sometimes they do come barging in where they do not belong.

Quote:
People like this give Militias bad names, acting like they actually could survive a combat event against Armed Troops and Police Tactical Units. Militias where never meant to be private Armies for personal causes, or to protect individual Commercial interests, against Government Regulation in a time of Peace.
Actually they were but as I posted above, its illegal for the federal government to use armed troops against citizens.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:33 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Are they marching and chanting as they go to kill liberals like like liberals did in NY.

Old 04-18-2015, 04:00 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
America... The only place on earth, where there is a legal document, that justifies killing your oppressor and tyrants.
LOL. And who gets to decide the oppressor and tyrants.... a mob of people with guns.....

Old 04-18-2015, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
You would have made quite a good Loyalist in 1775. Should slaves just accept their fate? The government is not some magical benevolent entity that is looking out for you, laws exist to keep the state in power. The state depends on people like you, who seemingly blindly submits to governmental authority, to keep the system running. "Law of the land" and all of that is usually uttered in defense of bull**** laws. Slavery and Jim Crow were once law of the land. Good thing that people didn't sit around and wait for Big Daddy Government to tell us those were wrong. Just because the state says something doesn't make it right. Is that thought "dangerous?" Yeah, but freedom is dangerous, that is why the masses willing accept their slavery because it is safe and easy.
LOLOLOLZ. Laws exist to keep society functioning.

We haven't had anything resembling an absolute monarchy since 1775..... So spare me your loyalist talk.

You do realize it was southerns who voted for candidates to support slavery and Jim Crow.... it was the will of the southern people or at least the private citizens working with the government to ensure profits from slavery or simply being cowardly bigots and enacted Jim Crow laws. Don't you forget that it was the will of the "people", or more accurately the "powerful private citizens". Perhaps one day you'll realize government isn't inherently evil or unjust but it's a human flaw.

Old 04-18-2015, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Laws exist to subjugate some people and concentrate wealth and power into the hands of others. That's been true of every civilization.
No they exist in America to keep society functioning. It's been true of every civilization because humans are inherently flawed due to our greed and jealousy and fear.

Old 04-18-2015, 09:26 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
That's why the liberals you despise work so hard for redistribution of wealth, arctichomesteader. The wealth we talk about is not that of small business owners, it's what the power brokers give and receive from ultrawealthy people who didn't earn it. The top 1%, and especially the top tenth of a percent.

They can only achieve that with government(at all levels) regulations and the fees and higher costs associated with the regulations. It creates a monopoly, where only the wealthy can compete and all others become the worker bees.

People say I make the best Bar-B-Q they have ever had and I should open an establishment.
I cannot do it the less cost way. It would cost me a minimum of $750,000 - $1,000,000 not only to create the business but create the business to meet regulations.
The little guy has tried to get around the enormous start up cost, have chosen the food trailer market. The government learning of this, has leaned on them hard.

Old 04-18-2015, 01:28 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
LOL. And who gets to decide the oppressor and tyrants.... a mob of people with guns.....
Just like what happened in the 1770's.

Old 04-18-2015, 02:45 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
LOLOLOLZ. Laws exist to keep society functioning.

We haven't had anything resembling an absolute monarchy since 1775..... So spare me your loyalist talk.

You do realize it was southerns who voted for candidates to support slavery and Jim Crow.... it was the will of the southern people or at least the private citizens working with the government to ensure profits from slavery or simply being cowardly bigots and enacted Jim Crow laws. Don't you forget that it was the will of the "people", or more accurately the "powerful private citizens". Perhaps one day you'll realize government isn't inherently evil or unjust but it's a human flaw.
That's why I don't believe in giving the government much, if any, authority over citizens. "A government powerful enough to give you anything you want can take away everything you have" and all that. What a statist such as yourself fails to realize is that the authority the government has to even have a BLM is the same authority it used to enforce Jim Crow. Once you signal to the government that it is okay for them wield power over citizens they will. Just because in your mind they are serving "noble" ends doesn't make it okay. If you were a "southern" back in the 1950s you'd probably support Jim Crow because well after all the government does know what is best for us. We're all flawed "greed," "jealousy," and "fear." Yet somehow...when we put on a badge and start working for the state all of those flaws just melt away apparently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederic Bastiat
If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
I guess you don't think that Frederic Bastiat didn't know what he was talking about.

Old 04-18-2015, 02:46 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Just like what happened in the 1770's.
He would have been wearing red in the 1770s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies