Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 01:11 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,184,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How silly.

They would have been called Negros by the slave traders.
By the white slave traders only. Africans were and are culturally aware. Get some exposure.

Old 04-22-2015, 01:14 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,233,400 times
Quote:
How silly.

They would have been called Negros by the slave traders.
Yeah, well you aren't a slave trader.

Stick to black.

Old 04-22-2015, 01:15 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,660,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
By the white slave traders only. Africans were and are culturally aware. Get some exposure.
The post I was responding was specifically talking about Whites. Try reading something in context before getting so bent out of shape. It's amazing since you wrote it.

Old 04-22-2015, 01:17 AM

Quote:
The post I was responding was specifically talking about Whites. Try reading something in context before getting so bent out of shape. It's amazing since you wrote it.
The post you quoted was mine. Follow the discussion and understand why I specified. Nothing is silly about recognizing that the racial/color ideology came from the whites. Stop pushing such labels on others.

Old 04-22-2015, 01:21 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,660,176 times
Quote:
The post you quoted was mine. Follow the discussion and understand why I specified.
I did. Your post was mostly nonsense.

"Black" is an English word and the Africans you speak of would not have used it. No doubt, given their isolation as individual warring tribes, such a concept of skin color would not have been considered as compared to Whites who had already traded with the rest of the world and had seen people of every race and sub culture.

Old 04-22-2015, 01:26 AM

Quote:
I did. Your post was mostly nonsense.

"Black" is an English word and the Africans you speak of would not have used it. No doubt, given their isolation as individual warring tribes, such a concept of skin color would not have been considered as compared to Whites who had already traded with the rest of the world and had seen people of every race and sub culture.
West Africans had already traded with plenty different cultures. It already had made connections throughout the Islamic world. The prominance of Timbuktu as the Islamic center of learning brought people from far and wide. Again, nothing is silly about recognizing that the racial/color ideology came from the whites.

Whites had an obsession with classifying humans similar to the taxonomy system. Their exposure to the rest of the world left them with some type of inferiority complex that lead to their scientists/thinkers trumping up racial ideology. The Arabs, who the U.S. labels white, did some of this as well, but the white Europeans developed racial ideology to the fullest.

Old 04-22-2015, 01:31 AM

2,686 posts, read 1,772,610 times
Quote:
Culturally aware about what? An inferior culture to the culture that enslaved them, which I am on record in this forum as have being a bad move by the white people of this continent?

Old 04-22-2015, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Culturally aware about what? Am inferior culture to the culture that enslaved them, which I am on record in this forum as have being a bad move by the whit people of this continent?
Aware of their own cultural identities. It's not that hard. I suppose one would say that those African groups did have inferior methods of brutality, yes. Racial ideology was mainly West European and they polluted the rest of the world with it.

Old 04-22-2015, 01:35 AM

Quote:
West Africans had already traded with plenty different cultures. It already had made connections throughout the Islamic world. The prominance of Timbuktu as the Islamic center of learning brought people from far and wide. Again, nothing is silly about recognizing that the racial/color ideology came from the whites.

Whites had an obsession with classifying humans similar to the taxonomy system. Their exposure to the rest of the world left them with some type of inferiority complex that lead to their scientists/thinkers trumping up racial ideology. The Arabs, who the U.S. labels white, did some of this as well, but the white Europeans developed racial ideology to the fullest.
You admit that that Timbuktu was successful because of Arab influence. What does its success have to do with African blacks?

Old 04-22-2015, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Aware of their own cultural identities. It's not that hard. I suppose one would say that those African groups did have inferior methods of brutality, yes. Racial ideology was mainly West European and they polluted the rest of the world with it.
I agree that black culture spawned brutality, and it still does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies