Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 11:25 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,174,356 times

Advertisements

Since I get my news from **gasp** here, what happened to Larry Craig? Did he step down like he said he was going to or is he still in office?

Last thing I heard, he was still trying to take back his guilty plea... But is he still a Senator?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 11:30 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,920,399 times
yup.. he sure is.... and the ACLU.. who he and others hated so much is now his defense.. in saying public bathroom sex is private.. LOL
and all the little republican conservative flock here in idaho is standing behind him...because of all the "good" he has done... Idaho votes republican because most people who aren't republican don't vote... they are organized and militant in this state.. while the majority of people express liberal views.. yet sadly never vote... hopefully this election will change a few things around here.. I for one am excited to see more and more of generation x and y putting their imprint on these elections.. it surely is having a big impact

Idaho is full of "good ole boys" they run this state... and sadly larry craig is one of them

Old 01-20-2008, 12:46 AM

20,346 posts, read 19,934,560 times
You Idahoans (sp?) have nothing on us in NJ, boiseguy.

There's no shortage of people that would re-elect our disgraced former governor Jim "I am a gay American" McGeevey. Even after all he put his wife, daughter and the electorate through.

Too many politicians are low lifes these days, unfortunately

Old 01-20-2008, 12:52 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Since I get my news from **gasp** here, what happened to Larry Craig? Did he step down like he said he was going to or is he still in office?

Last thing I heard, he was still trying to take back his guilty plea... But is he still a Senator?

Who? You mean that typical two-faced "family values"-gays- will-ruin -the- world-so-we-must-hate-and-fear-them Republican GAY senator who broke the law? That guy? ???

And the ACLU is defending him? WHAT? The ACLU ...the ACLU the neocons call Commie? The ACLU the Republicans love to hate? THAT ACLU?

Old 01-20-2008, 12:59 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
You Idahoans (sp?) have nothing on us in NJ, boiseguy.

There's no shortage of people that would re-elect our disgraced former governor Jim "I am a gay American" McGeevey. Even after all he put his wife, daughter and the electorate through.

But they mainly reflect the people who vote to put them in there and most of all who vote again later to keep them in there.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:16 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,796,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
yup.. he sure is.... and the ACLU.. who he and others hated so much is now his defense.. in saying public bathroom sex is private.. LOL
and all the little republican conservative flock here in idaho is standing behind him...because of all the "good" he has done... Idaho votes republican because most people who aren't republican don't vote... they are organized and militant in this state.. while the majority of people express liberal views.. yet sadly never vote... hopefully this election will change a few things around here.. I for one am excited to see more and more of generation x and y putting their imprint on these elections.. it surely is having a big impact

Idaho is full of "good ole boys" they run this state... and sadly larry craig is one of them
Are you kidding me? Does Larry now admit he takes a walk on the wild side occasionally or is he still claiming he lost a contact or something?

What stunning in your face hypocrisy from this old weasel.

"Nasty, bad, naughty boy".

Idaho... what is up with that???

Old 01-20-2008, 09:27 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,642,016 times
How can the ACLU defend him if he doesn't admit to any wrongdoing?! Will this make him "admit" to this "activity" between the stalls? And is it okay to be in different stalls, or does he have to be in the SAME stall to make it okay??

Old 01-20-2008, 10:11 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,920,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Are you kidding me? Does Larry now admit he takes a walk on the wild side occasionally or is he still claiming he lost a contact or something?

What stunning in your face hypocrisy from this old weasel.

"Nasty, bad, naughty boy".

Idaho... what is up with that???
he is serving out his term..... I don't know about the rest of idaho but for the most part people here in BOISE are definetely getting sick of these republicans and their hypocracy... besides the battles being fought on the national stage... many people in boise are becoming frustrated with how the recent growth has been handled and the lack of funding due to the good ole boy mentality that is agricultural based... so... they make sure the rich farmers and ranchers have water and all they need.. while the city of boise which is a metro population of almost 700,000 and we have no public transportation and are just now getting a community college...
what the republican controlled legislature has done to combat the growing boise "problem" is they have split the deligate in the state down the middle of boise.. so that the democratic city cannot outweigh the rural republicans..
basically.. if you live in east boise.. you are put in with the mormon easter idaho region.. and if you live in west boise you are put in with the north idaho folks... they manage their weight and tactics well in this state.... when we get a third.. I wouldn't be surprised if they split boise in thirds.. LOL

Old 01-20-2008, 05:29 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,559,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
One of the saddest sentences on this thread---because it's so true, so pervasive, and has come to be taken for granted. People who complain today that a Congressman has "disappointed" them, sound about as rational as a man complaining he's been "jilted" by a hooker. And that's sad. We no longer even EXPECT high standards.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:23 PM

20,346 posts, read 19,934,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But they mainly reflect the people who vote to put them in there and most of all who vote again later to keep them in there.
Exactly. That's why so many NJ'ians (self included) have an escape plan. We can't beat 'em so we'll leave 'em.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies