Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 01:25 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Isn't it interesting that folks who are opposed to LGBT people having civil rights are so inarticulate in justifying their position they resort to bringing up "butt sex"?
Like they are obsessed. They seem to fantasize about other people's sex lives a lot. Especially for folks who claim to follow the straight and narrow.

Old 05-07-2015, 01:41 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,374,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
Michael Fitzpatrick and Patrick FitzMichael are big supporters of SSM in Ireland
I have absolutely no idea what this post was meant to mean or indicate. Please clarify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
and science has not proven they are born that way either.
No nothing has been "proven" at all but the idea they are born this way is on much stronger ground than the opposite. For some reason, for example, the people who declare homosexuality is NOT genetic will equally readily assert that sexuality is genetic and clearly heterosexuality is therefore genetic. How THEY are drawing a line between the proven and unproven here is a mystery to me.

But there is too much correlative data to simply dismiss a genetic and birth basis for homosexuality. From differences in brain structure to hormonal correlations and familial sibling correlations, there is strongly suggestive data there which puts on shaky ground where people are drawing that line.

Whatever it is, the fact remains that the vast majority of homosexuals appear to be telling us they can not simply choose to be attracted to people they are not attracted to, or chose to be not attracted to those who they are. And a vocal anti homosexual subset in their arrogance and hubris appear to think themselves qualified to declare those homosexuals are wrong.... as if they know what it feels like more than the people actually feeling it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
f this conduct is a choice for any of these, then it is a choice for all of them.
I think the point they are trying to make is that whether sexuality is a choice or not is entirely different whether your conduct is a choice or not. The fact remains that homosexuality involves activities between consenting adults. The comparisons you try to draw between that and pedophilia and bestiality fail because there is no possibility of informed consent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The thought of the act is so disgusting as to defy description.
To you. X being disgusting TO YOU does not mean X is disgusting. Would that some people could tell the difference between "X is disgusting" and "X is disgusting to me". I can tell the difference and, you know what, it aint that hard.

Not to mention that comedy fact that the "act" that seems to bother anti homosexuals so much is an act that lesbians do not do at all, a large proportion of homosexual men do not do at all, and a not small portion of heterosexuals DO do often. So those pretending that they are anti homosexual are actually anti that act, but pretend they are anti homosexual.

Old 05-07-2015, 06:32 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,252,971 times
No its not. It just another "feel good-ism' from the left because they themselves don't want to tackle the issue. Until science can prove anything, its not. There is more of a case its psychological then anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
I have absolutely no idea what this post was meant to mean or indicate. Please clarify.

No nothing has been "proven" at all but the idea they are born this way is on much stronger ground than the opposite. For some reason, for example, the people who declare homosexuality is NOT genetic will equally readily assert that sexuality is genetic and clearly heterosexuality is therefore genetic. How THEY are drawing a line between the proven and unproven here is a mystery to me.

But there is too much correlative data to simply dismiss a genetic and birth basis for homosexuality. From differences in brain structure to hormonal correlations and familial sibling correlations, there is strongly suggestive data there which puts on shaky ground where people are drawing that line.

Whatever it is, the fact remains that the vast majority of homosexuals appear to be telling us they can not simply choose to be attracted to people they are not attracted to, or chose to be not attracted to those who they are. And a vocal anti homosexual subset in their arrogance and hubris appear to think themselves qualified to declare those homosexuals are wrong.... as if they know what it feels like more than the people actually feeling it.

I think the point they are trying to make is that whether sexuality is a choice or not is entirely different whether your conduct is a choice or not. The fact remains that homosexuality involves activities between consenting adults. The comparisons you try to draw between that and pedophilia and bestiality fail because there is no possibility of informed consent.

To you. X being disgusting TO YOU does not mean X is disgusting. Would that some people could tell the difference between "X is disgusting" and "X is disgusting to me". I can tell the difference and, you know what, it aint that hard.

Not to mention that comedy fact that the "act" that seems to bother anti homosexuals so much is an act that lesbians do not do at all, a large proportion of homosexual men do not do at all, and a not small portion of heterosexuals DO do often. So those pretending that they are anti homosexual are actually anti that act, but pretend they are anti homosexual.

Old 05-07-2015, 06:44 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,374,746 times
Quote:
No its not. It just another "feel good-ism' from the left because they themselves don't want to tackle the issue. Until science can prove anything, its not. There is more of a case its psychological then anything.
So I have given you the basis for thinking one way, and your basis for thinking the opposite is "It just is".

Funny how the anti homosexual crowd demand that we scientifically substantiate anything everyone else says, but they see themselves fit to make assertion by degree and fiat.

By all means regale us with your explanatory frame work for the observations I have listed. If you need reference documents to the scientific papers behind them I can provide them on request, if you specify which observation(s) interest you, and we can work through the literature together and see your reading of the data and explanations for it.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:25 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,493,911 times
Quote:
Until science can prove that a god or any god exists, it is just a feel good ism and the belief in a god is just psychological. There is more proof that people are born gay then the existance of any creator or god.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies