Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 10:42 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,252,971 times

Advertisements

atheists wont give a ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
Even if Beck's bizarre claim was true, what would be the problem? Will something dire happen to the country if people quit going to church?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 10:43 AM

really? you think church's should marry gay people contrary to Christian beliefs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
If any church loses half its membership due to gay discrimination the church deserves it.
And the remaining members will probably be all the happier from the loss.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:47 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
Just when I think the right wingers have hit the bottom of the stupid well, someone digs deeper.

First off, who would listen to such an idiot? And when will the brain dead fear mongering stop?

Old 05-04-2015, 10:59 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
really? you think church's should marry gay people contrary to Christian beliefs?
A church should do whatever it feels called to do. If that results in loss of membership, so be it.

No one is forcing a church to marry a gay couple. Or a Jewish couple. Or an interfaith couple. Or even a couple of a different denomination or who live a lifestyle that the church disagrees with. That point is moot.

Old 05-04-2015, 11:06 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
What I hear rumors of is if Gay marrage is made legal all over the US Christian schools may lose their tax exempt status.

Old 05-04-2015, 11:09 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Say all you want about Glenn Beck but I can see this happening.
Even though the constitution says freedom of religion, it's the sheeple of society that will
persecute those who faith doesn't support same sex marriage.
It's already started with those who persecute those who refuse to create a specialized
wedding cake for gay couples.

I hope that he is wrong.

Glenn Beck: Legalizing Gay Marriage Will Cut Church Attendance in Half
The only time Beck is being coherent is when he's shilling.

All I can say is that if christians' faith is that weak, the churches they attend *should* shrivel up and die.

Old 05-04-2015, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Some christian churches think SSM is religiously OK. Some don't.

To be clear, I'm an atheist and couldn't care less whether churches survive SSM or not. If all it takes to make christian churches die is to legalize SSM in all US states/territories, that's just another argument in favor. Actually, I think the legalization of SSM, like roe v wade, will be the gift that keeps on giving to the christian right.

And, I assure you, I would oppose any move for the government to force any clergy to perform SSM. The first amendment is my favorite amendment by far, and anyone with any sense can see it can cut both ways. Government's role is to make sure that a couple is legally free to marry, and to make sure that the benefits/responsibilities associated with it are enforced.

All SSM does is expand the group of people who are legally free to marry.

Old 05-04-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
What I hear rumors of is if Gay marrage is made legal all over the US Christian schools may lose their tax exempt status.
Please. Exactly *how* does that make any sense at all?

Old 05-04-2015, 12:01 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Glenn Beck is like the local alcoholic that sits in the park screaming incoherent or illogical puke to someone only he can see. But, in the case of Beck, he is laughing all the way to the bank and people actually take him seriously.

If the bigoted faithful lose their faith, good, maybe they will turn into better people. As it stands and what numerous posters have already written - any religion can chose who they do or do not marry. This concept is pretty easy, yes? What is so difficult to understand???

Old 05-04-2015, 12:36 PM

Who would listen to MSNBC and NPR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Just when I think the right wingers have hit the bottom of the stupid well, someone digs deeper.

First off, who would listen to such an idiot? And when will the brain dead fear mongering stop?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies