Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2015, 11:31 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,754,341 times

Advertisements

This was a stunt to quell the mob violence. If there are any businesses left I hope that they either move or stock up on ammo. Thats a site I'd like to see.

Old 05-09-2015, 01:22 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Are you serious? A tabloid in another Country for Baltimore News and rumors? They probably only found out about the case yesterday. Hilarious.

Have you checked Pravda?
Answers to your questions/comments;

1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. Your opinion of me is irrelevant
  4. LOL, Cold War is over

Old 05-09-2015, 01:23 AM

Quote:
And I posted in answer that its not what I heard here, in Maryland. The Defense is very worried. Some think they will try to make a deal for lesser time as best option.
This is nonsense. You try to discount the dailymail yet you provide pure hearsay as fact.

Old 05-09-2015, 01:33 AM

Mosby's spokesperson has issued a response....

Quote:
"While the evidence we have obtained through our independent investigation does substantiate the elements of the charges filed, I refuse to litigate this case through the media," she said in the statement. "The evidence we have collected cannot ethically be disclosed, relayed or released to the public before trial. As I've previously indicated, I strongly condemn anyone in law enforcement with access to trial evidence, who has or continues to leak information prior to the resolution of this case. These unethical disclosures are only damaging our ability to conduct a fair and impartial process for all parties involved."

i.e. No comment.

Old 05-09-2015, 07:46 AM

1,077 posts, read 872,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Mosby's spokesperson has issued a response....

i.e. No comment.
LOL

That was a comment.

This should not be tried in the media both sides need a fair trial, the courtroom is the place to try this case. Also seems they want to dirty the jury pool.

This makes me believe, all involved are very worried.

Old 05-09-2015, 08:10 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
I don't think there was any Malice on his part.

On can say what they want, but that's a pretty powerful presentation, and is not dependent on what kind of person Freddy was or what he was guilty of. That's what the Jury will be asked to consider.
The charging document against Goodson alleges he 'feloniously and with malice aforethought' killed and murdered Gray.

If the trial gets into why the cops pursued Gray, his dabbling in the drug trade just might come up.

Old 05-09-2015, 08:23 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Do you mean to tell me that the police investigation of police misconduct might favor the police? SHOCKING!
That obvious flaw aside, the police investigation has no bearing on whether or not charges will be dropped. The police don't decide that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
Police policing the police..LOL

Would anyone expect them to come right out and say, yes we are responsible for FG's death.

I think it's about time most States follow the Province of Ontario's lead, and form SIU's. Frankly, I'm surprised this isn't a wide spread thing. Do any States have such an agency?

Quote:
When police officers are involved in incidents where someone has been seriously injured, dies or alleges sexual assault, the SIU has the statutory mandate to conduct independent investigations to determine whether a criminal offence took place. The effective fulfilment of this mandate, with all of its associated challenges, remains critical to fostering public confidence in policing in the province by ensuring thorough and independent investigations that stand up to public scrutiny.

The SIU is the first of its kind in Canada and, Ontario remains one of the few places worldwide that has an independent civilian agency with the power to both investigate and charge police officers with a criminal offence. Since its inception in 1990, the SIU has taken great strides and as such has become a model of civilian oversight for other jurisdictions amid an international movement toward greater civilian accountability of police.
Special Investigations Unit -- Home

Old 05-09-2015, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I think it's about time most States follow the Province of Ontario's lead, and form SIU's. Frankly, I'm surprised this isn't a wide spread thing. Do any States have such an agency?
It this case, it would not make any difference.

The problem is that Western Civilization is slowing disappearing from places like Baltimore which is devolving to ruin. Canada, no doubt, does not have a similar issues.

Old 05-09-2015, 08:35 AM

1,077 posts, read 872,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post

Special Investigations Unit -- Home
The Department of Justice. They have opened a civil rights investigation and will look over all of Baltimore Police practices and make changes when necessary. They can also bring Federal charges against the police for wrong doing.

U.S. Department of Justice

Old 05-09-2015, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
The Department of Justice. They have opened a civil rights investigation and will look over all of Baltimore Police practices and make changes when necessary. They can also bring Federal charges against the police for wrong doing.
It's not the same thing. They are very limited in their scope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies