Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 06:37 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Repeat thread and as I said there, anyone can make accusations claiming some anonymous source gave them the information, just another someone told me that their friends dad said...............good grief without the actual source and data to back it up it is nothing more than more he said she said BS. Run with it if you wish but far too often these sorts of things turn out to be BS.
Yep, and look what that "accusation" did to Romney about tax's.....

And look how it ran....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 06:50 AM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I don't know what the controversy is. They had the info and intel on Bin Laden. Possibly. I'm still not convinced they didn't kill an impostor and that Bin laden wasn't already dead, but whatever. But they decided to go ahead with the mission , told Obama what they were doing, filled him in on the where and when and told him as it was happening. He wasn't even in on the planning, why would he have to be? Whatever Obama's account was, that's what happened. He's just there to sign papers when the auto pen isn't working.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:39 AM

3,569 posts, read 2,521,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
If the Obama Administration lied to cover for the Pakistani government is that not a good thing? Pakistan would possibly be targeted by Islamic extremists for helping kill Bin Laden.

Obama should lie to help an ally in such a situation.
Pakistan also had domestic political concerns, regional concerns, and the individual concerns of influential members of its government at stake. If Pakistan did have Bin Laden in custody, then there were going to be lies when it agreed to let the US kill him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They all knew it was a lie.
If the story is correct, then they knew it was a lie, but it was a lie that would help both governments (and important individuals in both governments).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Can the bin Laden official story be proven? The seals are dead, the body was "buried at sea" and there are pictures that no one is alowed to see. What part of that is proof?
It's pretty thin. The key question is this: was Bin Laden in ISI custody? If so, then the US needed Pakistani cooperation to get to him. If not, then the US had to enter Pakistan and travel to Abbottabad undetected. Remain undetected during a raid that allegedly lasted 38 minutes at the compound with a helicopter having been in a soft crash landing (is that an oxymoron?). Then the US forces blew up the crashed helicopter and escaped undetected. All of this happened less then a mile from a Pakistani Military Academy. And the compound was in a town known to be a haven for refugees from Waziristan (the Pakistani tribal border areas that have been the subject of intense drone warfare).

It's not like the Hersh article is the first to question Pakistan's role in Bin Laden's killing.

Osama bin Laden dead: Suspicions grow over whether Pakistan aided Osama bin Laden - latimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATimes
A senior U.S. official who briefed reporters at the White House late Sunday said no Pakistani forces were involved in the operation to kill Bin Laden and that Pakistan was not told of the mission beforehand. However, agents with Pakistan's primary intelligence agency were quick to claim some of the credit. A source in the Inter-Services Intelligence agency, or ISI, described the mission in Abbottabad, about 35 miles north of Islamabad, as a joint operation.
The source said the team stormed the compound where Bin Laden was staying shortly after midnight Monday, engaged in a firefight with Al Qaeda gunmen, and killed the Al Qaeda leader.

Stratfor: Osama bin Laden 'was in routine contact with Pakistan's spy agency' - Telegraph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telegraph

American officials have always believed it was impossible for the ISI not to have known that Bin Laden was sheltering in a garrison town so close to Islamabad. Pakistan has repeatedly dismissed the charge.
"Mid to senior level ISI and Pak Mil with one retired Pak Mil General that had knowledge of the OBL arrangements and safehouse," the email said of the officers involved. "I get a very clear sense we (US intel) know names and ranks."

And most notably:

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2...erent-sources/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intercept
R.J. Hillhouse, a former professor, Fulbright fellow and novelist whose writing on intelligence and military outsourcing has appeared in the Washington Post and New York Times, made the same main assertions in 2011 about the death of Osama bin Laden as Seymour Hersh’s new story in the London Review of Books — apparently based on different sources than those used by Hersh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intercept
In interviews today via telephone and email, she explained that the passage by Hersh “suggests that we did not share sources†because “to the best of my knowledge, my sources were not privy to aspects of the SEAL’s training raid … and they also did not consult for SOC.†In addition, Hillhouse said, “I would be shocked if … my sources would talk to [Hersh], given their politics and given the sensitivity that the administration had toward this story.â€

Old 05-12-2015, 10:50 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I don't know what the controversy is. They had the info and intel on Bin Laden. Possibly. I'm still not convinced they didn't kill an impostor and that Bin laden wasn't already dead, but whatever. But they decided to go ahead with the mission , told Obama what they were doing, filled him in on the where and when and told him as it was happening. He wasn't even in on the planning, why would he have to be? Whatever Obama's account was, that's what happened. He's just there to sign papers when the auto pen isn't working.
Here is a wrench that goes along with your imposter theory: what if Osama is still alive in our governments custody somewhere.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:50 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
If the story is correct, then they knew it was a lie, but it was a lie that would help both governments (and important individuals in both governments).
If everyone knew it was a lie it helped no one.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:02 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I'm still not convinced they didn't kill an impostor and that Bin laden wasn't already dead, but whatever.
He was indentified with DNA.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:33 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORION83 View Post
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...really-happene

Wow.....thoughts on this? I find REALLY odd that we would toss a terrorist we have tracked for many years into the ocean instead of showing the world his body or some evidence of him being dead.
Never found that odd at all. No place to worship him as a hero for those who wish to.. Many famous people such as john Wayne did not want a marker because of same madden crowds. Did this guy go on or plan the mission ;if not he is just selling a story. Conspiracy stories sell as always to maddening crowd; its the new rumor mill.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:21 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Never found that odd at all. No place to worship him as a hero for those who wish to.. Many famous people such as john Wayne did not want a marker because of same madden crowds. Did this guy go on or plan the mission ;if not he is just selling a story. Conspiracy stories sell as always to maddening crowd; its the new rumor mill.
It sells these days, people LOVE to speculate, the second the actual facts come out they lose interest or deny them.

Old 05-13-2015, 12:57 PM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Seymour!!!!

We all praise you for exposing My Lai. And the Sampson Option was a damn good book.

Now go away.

Old 05-13-2015, 02:08 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
If the Obama Administration lied to cover for the Pakistani government is that not a good thing? Pakistan would possibly be targeted by Islamic extremists for helping kill Bin Laden.

Obama should lie to help an ally in such a situation.
Obama has repeatedly demonstrated that he doesn't give a rats backside about allies. He lies to help himself because he's a sociopathic megalomaniac, no other reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies