Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 05:00 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
"Natural Immunity" also may come at a risk of permanent disabilty, including deafness, blindness, mental handicap, and paralysis. No thanks. If you are dead from the disease, I guess you are certainly fully immune to it for all eternity.

Why are you so pro-disease? It is really a perplexing attitude. I would rather not get sick myself and certainly think that safe and effective methods of preventing disease, including vaccines, should be used if at all possible - for myself and my family.
It's silliness. Vaccinations aren't 100% effective, but the alternative is worse. People don't understand how vaccinations actually work.

Old 05-28-2015, 05:34 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Well, then you have 76 million damaged Baby Boomers walking around you who have been damaged for life from disease.

BTW, my 31 year old SIL had Shingles. He was so sick with it and suffered so much!!!! Better tell your CDC they should give Shingles shots to EVERYONE, not just over 50, who had Chicken Pox. Cannot have anyone suffering, right? Doctor, doctor, I am ITCHING. Stop it!

Tell me what YOUR agenda is? More clients? After all, if people have no complaints they won't be going to doctors offices ($$$$) will they? Follow the money.
You consider shingles a laughing matter?

https://www.painedu.org/articles_tim...ticleNumber=39

"Pain is the most common symptom associated with herpes zoster, occurring in 90% of cases, often preceding the development of a unilateral rash which most frequently follows a pattern of thoracic and cranial dermatomal distribution. In uncomplicated cases, the rash usually resolves within 2-4 weeks of the outbreak. However, a significant subset of patients (27-68%) develops persistent pain after the resolution of the rash, a serious condition known as postherpetic neuralgia (PHN)."

Get that? Pain, not itching.

The risk of getting PHN increases with age.

"When it occurs, PHN-related pain can be quite severe, with most patients reporting:
Spontaneous constant pain that is aching or burning in nature
Intermittent “shock-like” radiating pain
Usual stimuli, such as clothing or bed sheets cause excruciating pain (allodynia)
Exaggerated pain (lasting for hours) often occurring after a relatively mild painful stimulus (hyperpathia)
Pain from PHN can last for months or sometimes even years. One study of patients 65 years or older measured the mean duration of pain associated with PHN as 3.3 years, ranging from 3 months to more than 10 years
."

I'm sure you think that having pain triggered just by your clothing or bed sheets is hilarious.

"PHN can have dramatic clinically significant physical, psychological, and social consequences for patients and their caregivers. Katz et al. reported that a studied sample of patients ranked pain from PHN worse than post-surgical or labor pain. From a physical perspective, normal daily function can be brought to a standstill. Additionally, signs and symptoms that decrease overall quality of life may occur, such as insomnia, fatigue, anorexia, and weight loss. In some cases, the physical effects can be so debilitating that some elderly patients may permanently lose their independence after an episode of PHN.
From a psychological perspective, the most common consequence of PHN is depression, which can be severe and sometimes lead to suicide. In fact, PHN is one of the most common causes of pain-related suicide in the elderly patient population. Socially, sufferers may withdraw completely from normal social interactions, especially those that involve leaving home to do things such as shop, travel, go to work, or attend social activities.
"

Pain so bad you kill yourself. Yeah, that's really funny.

Old 05-28-2015, 06:51 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:

Of course, the major reason that the anti-vax folks were up in arms was because of the Gates Foundation's vaccine initiative in Africa, including Malawi. That means that Bill and Melinda Gates "support vaccination at gunpoint", too. It seems I am in good company.
Gulf War Syndrome and Military Vaccines: Adverse Reactions. Thinktwice!

U.S. Army chief says no human error seen in anthrax mishap

Old 05-28-2015, 06:56 PM

Quote:
You consider shingles a laughing matter?

https://www.painedu.org/articles_tim...ticleNumber=39

"Pain is the most common symptom associated with herpes zoster, occurring in 90% of cases, often preceding the development of a unilateral rash which most frequently follows a pattern of thoracic and cranial dermatomal distribution. In uncomplicated cases, the rash usually resolves within 2-4 weeks of the outbreak. However, a significant subset of patients (27-68%) develops persistent pain after the resolution of the rash, a serious condition known as postherpetic neuralgia (PHN)."

Get that? Pain, not itching.

The risk of getting PHN increases with age.

"When it occurs, PHN-related pain can be quite severe, with most patients reporting:
Spontaneous constant pain that is aching or burning in nature
Intermittent “shock-like” radiating pain
Usual stimuli, such as clothing or bed sheets cause excruciating pain (allodynia)
Exaggerated pain (lasting for hours) often occurring after a relatively mild painful stimulus (hyperpathia)
Pain from PHN can last for months or sometimes even years. One study of patients 65 years or older measured the mean duration of pain associated with PHN as 3.3 years, ranging from 3 months to more than 10 years
."

I'm sure you think that having pain triggered just by your clothing or bed sheets is hilarious.

"PHN can have dramatic clinically significant physical, psychological, and social consequences for patients and their caregivers. Katz et al. reported that a studied sample of patients ranked pain from PHN worse than post-surgical or labor pain. From a physical perspective, normal daily function can be brought to a standstill. Additionally, signs and symptoms that decrease overall quality of life may occur, such as insomnia, fatigue, anorexia, and weight loss. In some cases, the physical effects can be so debilitating that some elderly patients may permanently lose their independence after an episode of PHN.
From a psychological perspective, the most common consequence of PHN is depression, which can be severe and sometimes lead to suicide. In fact, PHN is one of the most common causes of pain-related suicide in the elderly patient population. Socially, sufferers may withdraw completely from normal social interactions, especially those that involve leaving home to do things such as shop, travel, go to work, or attend social activities.
"

Pain so bad you kill yourself. Yeah, that's really funny.
Take 20 grams of lysine, one gram of niacin, 80,000 Intl. Units of Capsaicin and 10 grams of vitamin C per day for two weeks, and call me in the morning.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 05-28-2015 at 07:13 PM..

Old 05-28-2015, 07:11 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Take 20 grams of lysine and 10 grams of vitamin C per day for two weeks, and call me in the morning.
I was thinking along the same lines. Many of the same supplements that work for cold sores also work for shingles. Too bad more people don't know about them or are so unwilling to try them. They work.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Take 20 grams of lysine, one gram of niacin, 80,000 Intl. Units of Capsaicin and 10 grams of vitamin C per day for two weeks, and call me in the morning.
You can also whip this up with coconut oil for a fast acting topical treatment.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:33 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Already took the vaccine, thank you. Prevention is always better than treatment.

Be prepared for cramps and diarrhea with 20 grams of lysine per day.

Can You Overdose on L-Lysine? | LIVESTRONG.COM

Anything over 1 gram per day of vitamin C is excreted in the urine, by the way.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:38 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,921,959 times
Quote:
I am happy your grandson is doing well!

Fortunately, Wakefield is not allowed to practice medicine in the US.

Andrew Wakefield - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com

When did that happen. I am glad and I knew he was no longer with Thoughtful House in Austin, but I thought he was still practicing, just privately. I knew his license was revoked in the UK. Glad they finally got him in the US too.

He apparently lost a libel lawsuit in Texas where he had been practicing. He still has many, many defenders who thing the journalist was out to get him.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:45 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Well, then you have 76 million damaged Baby Boomers walking around you who have been damaged for life from disease.

BTW, my 31 year old SIL had Shingles. He was so sick with it and suffered so much!!!! Better tell your CDC they should give Shingles shots to EVERYONE, not just over 50, who had Chicken Pox. Cannot have anyone suffering, right? Doctor, doctor, I am ITCHING. Stop it!

Tell me what YOUR agenda is? More clients? After all, if people have no complaints they won't be going to doctors offices ($$$$) will they? Follow the money.
Wait! I thought you never knew anyone with shingles! Haven't you posted so many times over? I bet your SIL had "natural" disease too! My daughter is the same age and she did. And quit making fun of people with shingles. Your SIL may be beside himself soon.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:49 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
A person can safely take 9 grams of L-lysine a day before and during an outbreak on an empty stomach without fear of side effects. They should also avoid food high in arginine. Vitamin C is best taken in smaller doses throughout the day then in one big dose. Many people have reported success using supplements that include Lysine and Vitamin C, among others for shingles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies