Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 08:51 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,996,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynaragon View Post
i'm just glad there isn't a clinton brand of cigars.
lmao!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 12:27 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,434 times
Always completely escapes me why anyone cares what some entertainer, no matter how talented, thinks about political issues. Most of these people are not very bright or are as ignorant as all get out.

Old 05-16-2015, 12:36 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,034,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
Always completely escapes me why anyone cares what some entertainer, no matter how talented, thinks about political issues. Most of these people are not very bright or are as ignorant as all get out.
Yep. While I admit, I find it neat when one actually stands out amongst his peers who typically think one way. But why the hell do Americans or people in general, fawn over celebrities or sports stars? The obsession with these people is just sickening, especially for adults. They act, sing, play a sport. Great. Good for them. Just about all of them are not worth what they are paid, are not better than everyone else despite what they or others think, and their opinion should not matter more than anyone elses. Quit giving them so much attention. My God, its become so bad in this country, the friggin Kardashians are famous as hell for doing pretty much nothing, for having zero talent. What is wrong with people?

Old 05-16-2015, 01:28 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,932,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Yep. While I admit, I find it neat when one actually stands out amongst his peers who typically think one way. But why the hell do Americans or people in general, fawn over celebrities or sports stars? The obsession with these people is just sickening, especially for adults. They act, sing, play a sport. Great. Good for them. Just about all of them are not worth what they are paid, are not better than everyone else despite what they or others think, and their opinion should not matter more than anyone elses. Quit giving them so much attention. My God, its become so bad in this country, the friggin Kardashians are famous as hell for doing pretty much nothing, for having zero talent. What is wrong with people?
They're actually famous for having raunchy sex......what does that say about America. Their mom was involved and this is how she wanted her girls to be, not something of self worth.

Plus how many people would you actually hang out with that is taking pictures of themselves daily......we are warped!

Wonder if KK will continue into her 60's showing us all she has......

Old 05-16-2015, 01:49 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
They're actually famous for having raunchy sex......what does that say about America. Their mom was involved and this is how she wanted her girls to be, not something of self worth.

Plus how many people would you actually hang out with that is taking pictures of themselves daily......we are warped!

Wonder if KK will continue into her 60's showing us all she has......
So an extremely attractive woman with unbelievable bodily assets is getting rich just because she's hot? OMG! The world is about to end! You know...cuz Lord knows THAT'S never happened before in the annals of human history.

No...it all started with Kim Kardashian

You're mad that people with no talent are getting rich and famous.

Meanwhile, Carly Fiorina runs a company in the ground and walked away with a golden parachute for doing so in the amount that far exceeds half of Kim Kardashian's total net worth.

But Kim Kardashian is the bad guy, and Carly Fiorina is deemed worthy to run for president.

Right wingers.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:24 PM

32,066 posts, read 15,046,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
LOL please work on your reading comprehension. I didn't say he WASN'T smart or wise. I said that being a very talented musician doesn't make one smart or wise.

Apparently neither does access to the internet.

Who is this "we," by the way? Do you always speak in the majestic plural mode? We are not amused.
Sorry, I'm not here to amuse you

Old 05-16-2015, 10:26 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,428,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Just had to post if anyone needed a good laugh... Its a hoot!
Classic example of the leftist mentality.

James Taylor thinks Obama is greatest President of all-time | Fox News

I think Lincoln would be ahead, but he's close

Old 05-16-2015, 10:30 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,428,774 times
Ok, after reading the link it seems Fox is lying, as usual. He doesn't say that Obama is the greatest President of all time, he says he's the greatest President since he's been watching politics

"I've been watching politics since (Dwight) Eisenhower and Adlai Stevenson, when dinosaurs roamed the Earth, and Obama is my favorite, favorite president," Taylor said in an interview Wednesday. "I am just thankful for every day that he's in office. I am so proud that he represents my country and I think he represents me — I think he represents the America that I know."

Old 05-17-2015, 02:09 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,969,651 times
1. Who is James Taylor?
2. Why should I care what he thinks about anything?

Old 05-17-2015, 04:36 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Carly Simon has stated emphatically that the song is definitely not about James Taylor. I mean, I don't care who it's about - it's a great song - but it's not about good ol' crazy JT.
It's about Warren Beatty! At least that's what I heard. I could definitely believe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
After hearing his views on Obama. I will not be listening to him anymore. And throwing out all his CD's I have. I cant believe people think Obie is a great president. He was just something new to try. Minorities voted for him thinking it will get them more free stuff. He will always be known as the Free Stuff president.
Maybe by your ilk but not the rest of the world. Thank God I don't have any Ted Nugent music that I have to throw out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies