Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 01:56 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,138,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Why is the perpetually offended right unable to open a thread without resorting to strawmen?
They are very fearful, afraid of everything. Not all conservatives are stupid and fearful.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 01:57 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,302,069 times
Geez...it's fun being a liberal nowadays. Lol

Old 05-15-2015, 01:57 PM
mm4 mm4 started this thread

5,711 posts, read 3,992,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I don't know the answer to your question, but maybe you can answer why the conservative right is always so obsessed with what the Jones are doing in their own bedroom and lives.
The right just wants the libertine progressive-left to pay for its own recreational choices and consequences.

Old 05-15-2015, 02:00 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,983,680 times
The reason the left is obsessed about other people's stuff is that when it boils down to it they are selfish greedy, and lazy. Ironically, many on the left have the same traits they unfairly accuse conservatives of having.

Old 05-15-2015, 02:01 PM

998 posts, read 667,340 times
What do you expect when you raise a generation of children to believe they're all special little snowflakes and deserve respect just for existing? Instead of going to school and working low paying jobs with bad hours like most people had to do in their twenties, they expect that a $15/hour job be given to them to sit at a desk and browse Instagram all day. And thus another progressive liberal is born.

Old 05-15-2015, 02:07 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,984,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
The right just wants the libertine progressive-left to pay for its own recreational choices and consequences.
Really, is that right? Do you think you will pay fewer taxes or will they simply spend the money on something else. Now, can you answer my question?

Old 05-15-2015, 02:12 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,984,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
The reason the left is obsessed about other people's stuff is that when it boils down to it they are selfish greedy, and lazy. Ironically, many on the left have the same traits they unfairly accuse conservatives of having.
Traits like working hard all our lives, serving our Nation, paying our taxes and being good Citizens, hmmm, every lefty I know does all those things, must be different kinds of lefties in your neck of the woods. Do the Cons there stay out of other peoples private lives and do not attempt to deny the same rights too all its citizens?

Old 05-15-2015, 02:14 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,983,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Traits like working hard all our lives, serving our Nation, paying our taxes and being good Citizens, hmmm, every lefty I know does all those things, must be different kinds of lefties in your neck of the woods. Do the Cons there stay out of other peoples private lives and do not attempt to deny the same rights too all its citizens?
Well, I live in Baltimore City. If you want to know what the lefties in my neck of the woods look like, I.e. The people that elected Obama, then I hope you were watching the coverage of the riots two weeks ago.

The conservatives were the cops and national guardsmen keeping the peace, as well as the business owners and folks who cleaned up in the aftermath. Hope that helps.

Old 05-15-2015, 02:50 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,541,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Whenever you call a leftist on her greed, the first response is always, "Look at so and so. So and so has more."

Does the left understand that most people in this world have to share housing? That most of the world doesn't get all this stuff that progressives crave (and if it doesn't, perpetually squeals about 'equality')? All the serial graduate degrees they want, from name brand universities? All the backpacking side trips to Nepal?

Does the left think that everybody in the world has the luxury of picking and choosing their vocations and crafts so that they're not beneath them?

??? I have proposed a way for the vast majority of working Americans to have their own housing, withour any government handouts.

Old 05-15-2015, 03:17 PM
mm4 mm4 started this thread

5,711 posts, read 3,992,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Well, I live in Baltimore City. If you want to know what the lefties in my neck of the woods look like, I.e. The people that elected Obama, then I hope you were watching the coverage of the riots two weeks ago.

The conservatives were the cops and national guardsmen keeping the peace, as well as the business owners and folks who cleaned up in the aftermath. Hope that helps.
Most are leftists who vote Democratic to maintain their well-compensated government jobs and retirement benefits.

The left has historically contended in the streets with the left. The left historically turns on the left: Brezhnev vs. Mao, Shining Path vs. MRTA, UNITA vs. MPLA, Vietnam vs. Democratic Kampuchea, Bloomberg vs. Occupy, Quan vs. Occupy,.... Progressive on progressive internecine rivalry is routine.

Sometimes the leftist mayor even instructs her leftist Baltimore PD to allow the progressives to trash the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies