Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you applaud the decision ?
YES. Boys should be able to dress as girls and join. 10 12.99%
NO. Girls are girls, not boys who want to be girls. 67 87.01%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 08:44 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,968,744 times

Advertisements

Nope it says right in the title, Girls. Transgender is fine if they have already been changed, just dressing in girls clothing only makes one a cross-dresser many of whom are not gay of transgender. This is not rocket science folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 09:23 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,960,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Boys belong in the "boy" scouts. Leave the "girl" scouts to the girls. Is that a new concept for you?
Damn!!! Just damn! And we wonder why this country is in a mess.
Seems to come from people who worry one gender is having more fun than the other.

Most likely these are the same people who make a fuss when their spouses want ladies or men's night out, they have to be the odd one tagging along.

Old 05-16-2015, 09:27 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,347,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Not a simple question and the sources and terminology you chose to use betray your biases.
Very true on both counts.

My former high school (as a teacher) currently has a student who is transitioning from male to female. When school starts in the fall, he will be presenting as a she, but district policy states that s/he will still have to use the boys restroom. In discussions with his classmates, he's gotten the message that while they sympathize with his situation, neither gender is really comfortable with the idea of this student sharing their bathrooms next year. Definitely a 21st century problem for today's schools....

Old 05-16-2015, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Nope it says right in the title, Girls. Transgender is fine if they have already been changed, just dressing in girls clothing only makes one a cross-dresser many of whom are not gay of transgender. This is not rocket science folks.
The title of the first article is blatantly misleading.

Old 05-16-2015, 09:32 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,489,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
In discussions with his classmates, he's gotten the message that while they sympathize with his situation, neither gender is really comfortable with the idea of this student sharing their bathrooms next year.
Why? They think he will pee or poop on them?

Old 05-16-2015, 10:09 PM

1,268 posts, read 800,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Im not a Christian and I also have no issues with gay people at all. I have no horse in this race so to speak, but I can see both sides of the argument. What I have a huge problem with is a very small minority forcing their beliefs on others who don't agree with their way of thinking. No one has a right to tell anyone what they should believe and be tolerant of. People have the freedom to believe as they choose. The LBGT community is bullying people into accepting their way of thinking, they are no better than right wing Christians who force their beliefs on others. Its shameful.
By force, you mean having the right to join the Boy or Girl Scouts, or having the right to marry another consenting adult of their choice? Perhaps, you mean having the right to not get beaten, rent an apartment, or get a job because of who they are? How dare they force another rational human being to accept that they might be people too? We should absolutely go with "majority rule" on rights and freedoms. That is, until I become a minority.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Why? They think he will pee or poop on them?
Well, some of the boys said they would not like having someone dressed as a girl in the boys' bathroom. If the student actually looked like a girl, most girls would not know what the anatomical gender is because girls do their toileting behind closed doors, so there might be less of a problem if the student were allowed to use the girls bathroom. Of course, there's always going to be parents complaining about "perverts" in the girls bathrooms...

School district policy will have to be revisited to keep up with the times, I guess.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:20 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,436,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Sure, why not? The Girl Scouts have taken a huge turn to the left with local Girl Scout councils partnering with Planned Parenthood (start your girls early parents).

Girl Scouts have gone liberal? Cool! Now I can hold my head high and proud when I buy their cookies (not that I was ashamed before)

Old 05-16-2015, 10:23 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,774,413 times
I really like Girl Scout Cookies but not sure if I can support the Girl Scouts by buying Thin Mints or Samoas if they are letting boys into their ranks. This is an area where feminists could actually be useful, but apparently even they have been silenced by the gender eviscerationists.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:46 PM

364 posts, read 277,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
This is also same person that would literally FORCE people to get shots they don't want. Just sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies