Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 07:34 AM

661 posts, read 521,749 times

Advertisements

I know that a lot of conservatives aren't big on the modern entertainment industry. I wonder if any right-wing or conservative Americans here Can make a good case for Hollywood and the entertainment industry. I am leaning a bit more conservative than liberal, But I don't have a whole lot against the modern TV/film industry. I follow some celebrities and good nothing against celebritydom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2015, 07:52 AM

934 posts, read 595,497 times
Its a business whose ultimate goal is to make money

If conservatives cant get behind that, well then they really dont stamd for anything

Old 05-27-2015, 07:56 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,776 times
I don't have much good to say about an industry that is openly biased against Conservatives working in it, to the point where Conservatives in Hollywood (other than well-established ones like Clint Eastwood, Patricia Heaton, Kelsey Grammar, etc.) have to hide their beliefs in order to keep working.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:07 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blind melon View Post
Its a business whose ultimate goal is to make money

If conservatives can't get behind that, well then they really dont stamd for anything
If that were true, they would create far more product directed at Conservatives. American Sniper made $350 million, is in the top 30 all-time box office and was a January release. Christian films last year earned really well on very modest budgets, while big-budget junk like Noah which treated the Bible poorly, flopped.

If they truly only cared about making money, they wouldn't have kept trying to make so many anti-war, anti-military films in the past decade. They all bombed, but Hollywood kept cranking them out because they wanted to push ideas rather than make money.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:08 AM

661 posts, read 521,749 times
All I have to ask is, even if that wasn't the case, would conservatives still hate the actual content coming from Hollywood?

Old 05-27-2015, 08:44 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
If Hollywood didn't exist, we would be better off. What positive good does Hollywood do?

The problem with Hollywood, is that everything is fake. And really, not just Hollywood, all entertainment is fake. And it creates a very unrealistic world-view, that is actually harmful.

Whether it be the fake standards of beauty(from surgeries, makeup, etc). Or its the fake "causes" that these entertainers get associated with, to get their name in the papers. Or just the generally fake/unrealistic depictions of human life that is portrayed in movies, and especially in modern sitcoms.

Almost all the modern TV shows designed for women, are completely classless, filled full of women sleeping around with practically every guy they meet. Most likely because the writers are too lazy to come up with an actual storyline. Then women(especially young women) begin to think this kind of behavior is "normal".

Its disgusting. Though I more blame ****ty Americans than Hollywood.

Regardless, Hollywood makes society worse. No sane person would think otherwise.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:12 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Lol, yeah, Hollywood sucks so much for cons. So much that they still shell out money for movies. They hate it that much. Lol, cons are such a joke.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:08 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
I don't have much good to say about an industry that is openly biased against Conservatives working in it, to the point where Conservatives in Hollywood (other than well-established ones like Clint Eastwood, Patricia Heaton, Kelsey Grammar, etc.) have to hide their beliefs in order to keep working.
Have to hide their beliefs in order to keep working? Who told you that fairy tale? Check out this list of 50 big name Conservative Republican actors and you'll see that most of them have made a very good living in Hollywood and they aren't hiding anything to get jobs. IMDb: Conservative or Republican Actors - a list by DustedRevolver

Old 05-27-2015, 10:38 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,978,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
I know that a lot of conservatives aren't big on the modern entertainment industry. I wonder if any right-wing or conservative Americans here Can make a good case for Hollywood and the entertainment industry. I am leaning a bit more conservative than liberal, But I don't have a whole lot against the modern TV/film industry. I follow some celebrities and good nothing against celebritydom.
The occult researcher pseudonymously known as Freeman Fly got a bit of surreptitious blowback for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziYakxNEFdE

More recent print articles:

Beyoncé:
http://freemantv.com/queen-b-beyonce-beginning/
http://freemantv.com/beyonce-baphomet-sasha-fierce/
http://freemantv.com/black-madonna-nu-isis-church-bey/

And Katy Perry:
http://freemantv.com/2015-super-bowl...l-spectacular/
http://freemantv.com/the-super-bowl-...l-spectacular/
http://freemantv.com/the-goddess-and-the-baby-eater/

Elsewhere, Vigilant Citizen also frequently reports on Hollywood:
"Starry Eyes" : A Movie About the Occult Hollywood Elite - and How it Truly Works - The Vigilant Citizen

Vigilant's site got put out of commission for a few days by a heavy and sustained DDoS on the 'unluckiest day of the year' (October 13) back in 2012.

Last edited by mm4; 05-27-2015 at 11:33 AM..

Old 05-27-2015, 10:39 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
I don't know how anyone can be impressed with what comes out of Hollywood. It's all been done before and for the most part it was done better before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies