Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 10:34 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL....

where's the conservative solution to healthcare and immigration
I've hear this a lot lately... the liberal media must be saying it and the useful idiots parrot. Can you come up with anything original dv1033?

Typical... Democrats make a mess of it, then demand republicans fix it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 10:35 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Exactly. Government drained the working poor and the middle class and of course they didn't want to go after their donors (big business) so they saw a little money to be had from small business and the useful idiots jumped on board for the kill.
That is true, those that believed the politicians that were selling them the idea that they were for small government were indeed useful idiots.

Old 05-29-2015, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Another partisan who only sees black and white.....
partisan my ass. Higher taxes that I just passed on to you lol. Did you really think small businesses were going out to their secret money tree in the back?

Old 05-29-2015, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Sometimes I feel like a Stop sign is more informative.....we get it, anything involving the government is bad to you and you would rather have corporations controlling you.
How old are you? You still don't get that big corporations buy government and they both control the people.. really? They're in it together.

Old 05-29-2015, 10:38 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
partisan my ass. Higher taxes that I just passed on to you lol. Did you really think small businesses were going out to their secret money tree in the back?
Dammit.. You weren't supposed to tell them about the money tree...

Old 05-29-2015, 10:41 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
How old are you? You still don't get that big corporations buy government and they both control the people.. really? They're in it together.
I am well aware our current set up creates a government that is basically future employees for corporations. That is why I am against things like Citizens United, and for heavily regulating campaign donations. Anything that separates our government from corporations Isa good thing for the American people. Unfortunately getting any right winger and a number of liberals to support such changes is never going to happen. I am old enough to know that.

Old 05-29-2015, 10:50 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
A better question would be, how do you tax a corporation without increasing the costs of the products produced to the general public to pay for the tax?
Well corporations could trim the fact in their executives, but it seems that wastefulness at the top of the food chain is just "doing business" and part of the culture.

I think the best question is what to do when you have worker productivity greatly increasing over the last 4 decades and wages stagnate domestically. The "free market" can be a cruel mistress.

Old 05-29-2015, 10:52 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Businesses, like individuals vote with their feet. How many times have you heard the phrase "get three quotes" when purchasing something? How many times have you purchased a car from a competing dealership because the price was lower? Did you question the salesperson about what their "need" is 1st? Maybe the more expensive guy had a higher "need" than the lower priced one?

What about other services? Maybe that roofer whos price was higher than the roofer you hired had a greater "need". Did you ask? Do you care?

Why are lefties so fixated on the tax rate that corporations pay as long as they bring jobs to the area?
Because they some now even believe that once government has others money its theirs ;really.

Old 05-29-2015, 10:54 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,071,203 times
dv1033"I think the best question is what to do when you have worker productivity greatly increasing over the last 4 decades."

Order more of the automation and technological advances responsible for the increase in productivity. Workers did not get better; we bought better machines for them to use. Mr. Robot helped immensely. That is the reason employee hours per car produced nose-dived. Robots put most of it together.

Old 05-29-2015, 10:55 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I would like to see big corporations actually paying taxes rather than trying to pay zero in taxes and then asking the government for more handouts....
Hit the nail on the head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies