Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 12:11 PM

45,222 posts, read 26,431,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Then the right wing conservatives need to stay out of birth control and vaginas, yes?
The government should stay out of both and out of our doctors offices, schools,homes, phones, computers, kitchens...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 12:13 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
And fresh fruits and vegetables should be offered at school lunches. Go Michelle!
What an idiot she is. She thinks the government can solve any problem when in fact all they do is make it worse. Michelle represents the epitome of failed Big Government programs.
-----------------------
Since the new limits on calories, fat, sugar, sodium, whole wheat, and other nutritional elements went into effect in 2012, at least 1.2 million students nationwide have dropped out of the National School Lunch Program in favor of packed lunches from home.

The changes also spawned massive food waste – roughly $1 billion per year – because of regulations that stipulate that all students must receive a fruit or vegetable each day, which most simply toss in the trash.

The waste has been a serious problem in many school districts, one of many reasons hundreds of U.S. schools have ditched the National School Lunch Program to serve students food they’ll actually eat.

‘It’s heartbreaking:’ Denver school board members get a taste of Michelle O lunches - EAGnews.org

Old 06-03-2015, 12:14 PM

19,746 posts, read 22,654,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
What in the hell is wrong with Progressive/Insane/Leftist Extremists? What is your damn problem, people?

There are BIGGER ISSUES in our public schools than if some teacher gave the kids a piece of fricken candy.

GD this kind of **** pisses me off.

Instead of focusing on the REAL problems in our schools, we have a bunch of busy bodies aholes trying to dictate the dumbest, tiniest, none of their damn business "issues" in our schools.

It's a good thing that we are not allowed to truly say what we want to say because I would rip some extremist liberal backside up one side and down the other right now were I allowed.

KNOCK IT OFF! Mind your own ******* business!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow
You can cease with the insults. I'm not "clamoring". You can't "clamor" on a fricken forum, ffs.

The fact of the matter is, this policy IS an extremist leftist policy.
Clamor | Definition of clamor by Merriam-Webster

Quote:
: insistent public expression (as of support or protest)
: to become loudly insistent <clamored for his impeachment>
It's not an insult. It's an word describing your actions. An insult would be if I were to a say "Clamoring like an errant fool", but I didn't say that.

Old 06-03-2015, 12:14 PM

Quote:
I think the idea is healthy choices in school lunches. Who would of thunk that right wingers would be against healthy nutrition for our children!
I've never met a right winger who opposes healthy choices. Who do you left wingers hate children?

Old 06-03-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I'm not... But many are, obviously. (You know this already... I think your question is in-genuine...)

Our agriculture and food system subsidizes manufactured nutritionless food in ways that real agriculture and natural foods aren't subsidized.
So, let's stop all farm subsidies.

Quote:
Once again, I'd suggest you learn about how cows and chickens are raised commercially, and the differences between grass-fed and corn-raised cattle, as an example of this phenomenon.
Once again, why do you think I don't know how cows and chickens are raised commercially?

Old 06-03-2015, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Not only sad but scary, isn't it? Right wingers would have our children fed garbage at schools just so they can bash a black, democratic president.
So why do left wingers and Obama hate our school children?

Old 06-03-2015, 12:21 PM

19,746 posts, read 22,654,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
How come right wingers can't respect states rights?

Old 06-03-2015, 12:30 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
How'd you get so confused in your own thread?

DPS' 185 schools serve 80k meals / day.

Kepner's food quality had been slipping. They're improving -- nothing to do w/ Fed guidelines. Or Michelle Obama.

DPS also has an impressive school farm program.

http://sustainability.dpsk12.org/stories/storyReader$98

Old 06-03-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
There's very good evidence to suggest that nutrition is predictor of school achievement and performance as well as good/bad behavior.
Duh! Most of us have known that for decades.

Quote:
How the right wing can justify being against nutritious school lunches because they don't like Mrs. Obama is beyond me.
They don't. So your confusion is solved. I totally support kids having nutritious school lunches.

Old 06-03-2015, 12:34 PM

672 posts, read 810,695 times
Quote:
50%? Well than obviously it's not a problem. Since you see no issue, you should invite yourself out of the conversation and let the adults talk.
Who are you? Don't tell people to leave topics and not to participate on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff
Try a community college. They might be able to help.
You're no adult. You are just a snob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies