Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 10:19 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Who said anything of the sort? Are you ok? Baltimore is a sizable city. I'm sure there are those with clean speech and those with potty mouths. *shrug*
I think when she said "bastards" she was referring to children of people who are not married.

So you are posting to this thread why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 11:40 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Of course it doesn't to you, you have a closed mind. You see racism in everything. That's a sad way to view life.
This thread is not about me.

I am debating the video topic. I called what the woman said as racist. I repeatedly explained why her words were racist.

You are creating posts about me. SMH

Either engage with my arguments or not, but creating posts about me shows you have no point to make.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:46 PM

811 posts, read 550,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Again, you are wrong. You make assumptions based on your closed mind and your racist view points. I frankly don't care what you think of me, but you don't get to say it as if it's fact when it's not.
How am I wrong when I am the one telling YOU how felt in MY original comment when it is clear you misunderstood it.

Old 06-05-2015, 12:19 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I'm trying not to call you a liar... So I won't but I watched her video.
You don't like what she said, so she's a racist, and you disagree with me, so I'm a liar.

Quote:
She repeatedly said black people she didn't explain anything about some subset( even though that wouldn't make what she said any less racist).
The whole thing was about a subset - that being those rioting and their families. That narrowing to a specific group (in bold) absolutely makes a difference. "These black people do this and these black people do not." Is that racist?

Quote:
She even described the problem as she sees it as black race specific.

She used the n word, said black bastards. She called black neighborhoods dumps. Said black people are raising black sons to be criminals, and support their criminal behavior. .
A group of them, and yes, her language was harsh.

Quote:
She engaged in a text book use of the racist American narrative.

She took American social issues and transformed them into black racial problems created by the black race. .
The racist American narrative? There are absolutely American social issues and one of them is black on black crime committed by young black males. That's not racist, it's a fact. Those people do not represent all of the black race, but it is a problem.

Quote:
She placed black Americans outside the context of America and outside the context of other human beings and reached the conclusion that those American social issues are a black racial problem generated within the black race.

She specifically says this is a black problem, thus racializing rioting or black bastards or bad parents. Take your pick. .
You disagree with her conceptualization of the problem - fine. Why not debate her points instead of name-calling? It's not conducive to productive conversation.

Quote:
This kind of rhetoric is racist and appeals to racists.
Disagree on 1 and agree on 2.

Quote:
American social issues are the result of American society not skin color, so anyone labeling a social problem as a black racial problem is making a racist claim.
Yep. She didn't say it was based on skin color. She said is was based on the behavior of a group of parents.

Old 06-06-2015, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
You don't like what she said, so she's a racist, and you disagree with me, so I'm a liar.

The whole thing was about a subset - that being those rioting and their families. That narrowing to a specific group (in bold) absolutely makes a difference. "These black people do this and these black people do not." Is that racist?

A group of them, and yes, her language was harsh.

The racist American narrative? There are absolutely American social issues and one of them is black on black crime committed by young black males. That's not racist, it's a fact. Those people do not represent all of the black race, but it is a problem.

You disagree with her conceptualization of the problem - fine. Why not debate her points instead of name-calling? It's not conducive to productive conversation.

Disagree on 1 and agree on 2.

Yep. She didn't say it was based on skin color. She said is was based on the behavior of a group of parents.
You are not being honest. That whole video was about race, and how black people have a collective racial problem which is racist ideology.

Here are some direct words from the video.

I'm watching these little black ghetto bastards.

I'm sitting here watching these these little black black bastards in these fancy suits. They get on CNN
( wait I thought she was talking about the rioters? Seems to me black bastards is an insult to any black person whether rioter or black person in a suit explaining the situation as an expert on CNN.).

So her own words destroy the lie that the term black bastards isn't a racial insult that's how she means it. Has nothing to do with someone's birth.

The problem right now is black people are seriously misinformed( blanket statement applied to black people as a whole.)

They are seriously confused(another blanket statement referencing black people as a whole)

Our neighborhoods are dumps( another blanket statement referencing black neighborhoods?as a whole)

Black people real black people need to wake up. They need to wake up( another blanket statement referencing black people as a whole)

What's going on now is not white people's fault

It's not white people's problem

It's a black problem
(she is attributing American social problems as black racial problems and another blanket statement referencing black people as a whole.)

So her entire video engaged in the very racist American narrative that I referenced.

First she dismisses the cause of the riots. She places the behavior of the rioters outside of American societyIE state violence. And outside of the reason human beings riotIE state violence.

Instead she hurls intended racial insults like black bastards that she applies to the rioters AND any black person in a suit on CNN saying something she doesn't like.

She then takes American social issues, and says they are black racial problems. This is the core of racist ideology.

This means these problems are caused and created with in the black race and have nothing to do with American society.

They aren't American neighborhoods they are black neighborhoods.

They aren't American youth, they are black bastards.

These aren't American problems, but black racial problems generated within the black race because there is something wrong with the black race.

Her video if I printed the text reads like rhetoric from white supremacist organizations.

There is no such thing as black on black crime.

There is only crime. In this case crime committed by Americans

What does skin color have to do with it?

You can't say oh I'm not saying something racist when you continue the old American racist lie of associating black people and crime.

Last edited by Iamme73; 06-06-2015 at 10:47 PM..

Old 06-06-2015, 11:38 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I think when she said "bastards" she was referring to children of people who are not married.

So you are posting to this thread why?
Simple...to point out that disagreement with looting is not epic. Plenty people of African descent are against it.

Old 06-07-2015, 05:01 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
So her entire video engaged in the very racist American narrative that I referenced
Based on what you posted, you don't even know the definition of "racist".

You simply use the word as a general pejorative as a fallacy point in hopes that people will run from the word and hence prove that you are "right". i.e.

Guess what. That doesn't work here.

Old 06-07-2015, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Based on what you posted, you don't even know the definition of "racist".

You simply use the word as a general pejorative as a fallacy point in hopes that people will run from the word and hence prove that you are "right". i.e.

Guess what. That doesn't work here.
Nonsense, I defined and explained why her words are racist, why the ideas supporting those words are racist, and why her video appeals to racists.

You can either deal with what I wrote or not, but I made my point and it has not been disputed.

Maybe you'll be the first one to offer a real rebuttal?

Old 06-07-2015, 08:50 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Nonsense, I defined and explained why her words are racist, why the ideas supporting those words are racist, and why her video appeals to racists.

You can either deal with what I wrote or not, but I made my point and it has not been disputed.

Maybe you'll be the first one to offer a real rebuttal?
Nope.

It is you just now by your own admission, state that you did not deal with the message. Instead you spend huge amount of electrons to justify calling the woman insulting names. i.e Ye Olde R-Word. So it is you are not dealing with what was said. Instead you attempt to shoot the messenger. HUGE difference.

Your "opinion" of that lady is irrelevant. The topic is about her message.

Therefore, no rebuttal on my part is required. You pass insult AS argument simply because you don't like the message given, but you lack the ability to logically address it. Nothing more, nothing less. Your indigence for being called out for it, is irrelevant.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:19 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
The next great Presidential candidate or Supreme Court Justice for a certain political party....

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies