Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 07:47 AM

493 posts, read 385,862 times

Advertisements

The Deen Show Prophet Muhammad Honored By the U.S. Supreme Court | The Deen Show with Eddie

WashingtonPost.com: National News

How could the U.S. Supreme Court in 1935 honor "Prophet Muhammad as one of the greatest law givers of the world" with a statue placed?!

Besides being against the U.S. Constitution's First Amendment; it is sickening how the U.S. government would honor so-called a warrior "prophet" who is possible the worst role model and influential person in the world by marrying Aisha who was 6 and had sex with her when she was 9 years old along with having plenty of other wives throughout his life, asked to behead people who insulted him, destroyed "idols" and conquered the entire region by war and killing, called Jews and Christians, a.k.a. "infidels" for pigs, beheaded and slaughtered hundreds of Jews, treated women and non-Muslims as second class citizens and asked them to be taxed called "jizya", converted people by force or face the sword, kidnapped Jews and Christian children to fight for "allah" and made them Muslims, called for violence and jihad against "infidels" and the enemies, etc. etc. etc. how dare could the U.S. Supreme Court honor the most evil man in history?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Muhammad's words: "I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah.' And if they say so, pray like our prayers, face our Qibla and slaughter as we slaughter, then their blood and property will be sacred to us and we will not interfere with them..." (Bukhari 8:387)

An elderly woman named Umm Qirfa once ran afoul of Muhammad merely by fighting back when her tribe was targeted by Muslim raiders. Muhammad's adopted son tied the woman's legs separately to two camels, then set the camels off in opposite directions, tearing the woman's body in two. He also killed her two sons - presumably in gruesome fashion - and made her daughter into a sex slave.

Last edited by MX City visiting; 06-06-2015 at 07:58 AM..

Old 06-06-2015, 08:20 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Europe did it first and we just decided to go with the flow.

Old 06-06-2015, 09:12 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Births were not recorded, nor birthdays celebrated in Muhammad's time. No one knows Aisa's actual age.

The concept of childhood did not begin to emerge until the late 1700's.

A girl was considered ready at the onset of puberty, a fact that persisted for thousands of years.

Well into the 1800's most US states had a minimum age for marriage of 10 years. A handful set it at age 12. One state, Delaware, set the minimum age at 7.

Everyone of us is a descendent of what we would now consider a child.

Old 06-06-2015, 11:36 AM

2,410 posts, read 4,457,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Births were not recorded, nor birthdays celebrated in Muhammad's time. No one knows Aisa's actual age.

The concept of childhood did not begin to emerge until the late 1700's.

A girl was considered ready at the onset of puberty, a fact that persisted for thousands of years.

Well into the 1800's most US states had a minimum age for marriage of 10 years. A handful set it at age 12. One state, Delaware, set the minimum age at 7.

Everyone of us is a descendent of what we would now consider a child.
I would question your statistics.

I've done genealogy for many years, using marriage and birth records back to the late 1600's and 16-17 is actually a much more typical age for marriage in the U.S. I'm sure there's been plenty of exceptions, but after having looked at probably thousands of pages of old records I can honestly say I've never seen a marriage before age 15. (The majority of records were for New England, if that makes a difference.)

Old 06-06-2015, 11:41 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
I would question your statistics.

I've done genealogy for many years, using marriage and birth records back to the late 1600's and 16-17 is actually a much more typical age for marriage in the U.S. I'm sure there's been plenty of exceptions, but after having looked at probably thousands of pages of old records I can honestly say I've never seen a marriage before age 15. (The majority of records were for New England, if that makes a difference.)
Strange, In my genealogy there were three marriages where the woman was under 15, one was 12. These were all in the 19th century which is as far back as 3 of my 4 lines go.

Old 06-06-2015, 11:50 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,327,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX City visiting View Post
Besides being against the U.S. Constitution's First Amendment;
Nothing in the Constitution would bar the Supreme Court honoring Muhammad as a law giver. The Supreme Court Building's friezes is adorned by Menes, Hammurabi, Moses, Solomon, Lycurgus, Solon, Draco, Confucius and Octavian, Justinian, Mohammed, Charlemagne, King John, Louis IX, Hugo Grotius, Sir William Blackstone, John Marshall and Napoleon. Now one could argue that not many of those listed were saintly in their corporeal roles as leaders but their impact on the legal theory, not religion, is indisputable. That is why they are honored by the U.S. Supreme Court.

Old 06-06-2015, 11:55 AM

6,234 posts, read 8,445,889 times
Maybe a new $3 bill with his picture would be in order!

Old 06-06-2015, 12:01 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:
The Deen Show Prophet Muhammad Honored By the U.S. Supreme Court | The Deen Show with Eddie

How could the U.S. Supreme Court in 1935 honor "Prophet Muhammad as one of the greatest law givers of the world" with a statue placed?!

Besides being against the U.S. Constitution's First Amendment; it is sickening how the U.S. government would honor so-called a warrior "prophet" who is possible the worst role model and influential person in the world by marrying Aisha who was 6 and had sex with her when she was 9 years old along with having plenty of other wives throughout his life, asked to behead people who insulted him, destroyed "idols" and conquered the entire region by war and killing, called Jews and Christians, a.k.a. "infidels" for pigs, beheaded and slaughtered hundreds of Jews, treated women and non-Muslims as second class citizens and asked them to be taxed called "jizya", converted people by force or face the sword, kidnapped Jews and Christian children to fight for "allah" and made them Muslims, called for violence and jihad against "infidels" and the enemies, etc. etc. etc. how dare could the U.S. Supreme Court honor the most evil man in history?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Muhammad's words: "I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah.' And if they say so, pray like our prayers, face our Qibla and slaughter as we slaughter, then their blood and property will be sacred to us and we will not interfere with them..." (Bukhari 8:387)

An elderly woman named Umm Qirfa once ran afoul of Muhammad merely by fighting back when her tribe was targeted by Muslim raiders. Muhammad's adopted son tied the woman's legs separately to two camels, then set the camels off in opposite directions, tearing the woman's body in two. He also killed her two sons - presumably in gruesome fashion - and made her daughter into a sex slave.

Yeah! No one in the Christian bible ever raped or slaughtered entire cities in Canaan or anything. I dare say calling him the most evil man in history is a stretch as well.

Old 06-06-2015, 12:01 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:

You have a thread about why we should have a Jesus statue...

Also, who cares how many wives Mohammad had? Polygamy was the most common form of marriage, from an historical perspective and there's really no moral guideline for marriage outside of a few obvious things, some of which the deeply religious deny (like you shouldn't rape your wife).

And while the age of Aisha is actually not as well known as many like to claim, we do need to understand that child marriages were pretty common all over the world, even in the US during the 20th century. The world has changed in that regard, largely for the better, but even so, Mohammad was certainly not alone in doing things like that (assuming it actually is true).

It's also worth noting that the Koran is probably more self contradicting than the Bible, which is saying a lot. For every 'kill them all' quote from Mohammad you can find, I can find one that says 'be kind to others.' Also, in terms of conquerers, Mohammad was pretty progressive for his time, even if we include the less happy stuff.

Old 06-06-2015, 12:34 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,771,432 times
SCOTUS was crazy back then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies