Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 04:21 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,018,597 times

Advertisements

Obama making bid to diversify wealthy neighborhoods | TheHill

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHill.com
The Obama administration is moving forward with regulations designed to help diversify America’s wealthier neighborhoods, drawing fire from critics who decry the proposal as executive overreach in search of an “unrealistic utopia.”
To qualify for certain funds under the regulations, cities would be required to examine patterns of segregation in neighborhoods and develop plans to address it. Those that don’t could see the funds they use to improve blighted neighborhoods disappear, critics of the rule say.
Say goodbye to gentrified urban cores.

"Got 'er done, mi amigo."
[MOD CUT/copyright violation]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-14-2015 at 06:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2015, 04:31 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,579,035 times
NOPE, ACA will thrive or be replaced by single-payer.....and Ghetto-relocation will also thrive.

Many Americans are like a bunny entranced by a stoat, cannot look away until it is too late.

Old 06-14-2015, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
NOPE, ACA will thrive or be replaced by single-payer.....and Ghetto-relocation will also thrive.

Many Americans are like a bunny entranced by a stoat, cannot look away until it is too late.
I think what we see of Obamacare will devolve into something closer to what we had before it, after Obama leaves office.

But it's really about this new neighborhood initiative now.

Old 06-14-2015, 05:44 PM

258 posts, read 157,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
I think what we see of Obamacare will devolve into something closer to what we had before it, after Obama leaves office.
To tell you the truth, that's a really excellent argument for people. What will Obamacare evolve into...?

It looks to me like the US is slow altering into a country of increasingly strident special interests, sort of a modern tribalism. Lacking a highly dominant core, certainly nothing with the political mojo of the early LBJ reign, it simply doesn't seem possible to do a clean redesign of anything, much less such a large portion of the economy.

So what gives first? Government employee insurance (especially retirees?), the ACA subsidies, the disappearance of Medicare primary care? Do 'undocument workers' become such a powerful political force that they get a full package of health care?

There's just so much tension between highly tribalized groups of people who either want something for close to nothing, and others who have made their fortune on providing services and products, that the slip fault could happen most anywhere.

Old 06-14-2015, 05:47 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post

But it's really about this new neighborhood initiative now.
No such thing as "ObamaCare"! Regurjitated Insurance plans.

Old 06-14-2015, 06:04 PM

7,498 posts, read 5,747,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon X Seaworthy View Post
To tell you the truth, that's a really excellent argument for people. What will Obamacare evolve into...?

It looks to me like the US is slow altering into a country of increasingly strident special interests, sort of a modern tribalism. Lacking a highly dominant core, certainly nothing with the political mojo of the early LBJ reign, it simply doesn't seem possible to do a clean redesign of anything, much less such a large portion of the economy.

So what gives first? Government employee insurance (especially retirees?), the ACA subsidies, the disappearance of Medicare primary care? Do 'undocument workers' become such a powerful political force that they get a full package of health care?

There's just so much tension between highly tribalized groups of people who either want something for close to nothing, and others who have made their fortune on providing services and products, that the slip fault could happen most anywhere.
And we can thank Mr. Unity Barack Hussien Obama for it all.

Old 06-14-2015, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
No such thing as "ObamaCare"! Regurjitated Insurance plans.
Actually...

https://www.healthcare.gov/glossary/obamacare/

If the government uses the term - it's a thing.

Old 06-14-2015, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
And we can thank Mr. Unity Barack Hussien Obama for it all.
He strikes me as a symptom rather than a cause.

Given that he achieve the highest national office with a mysterious background (school that is, I could care less about where he was born), no accomplishments, no obvious political mafia, but with a gifted ability to read prepared speeches, I wonder sometimes how far we are from electing a video game character to that office. I like the sound of President Headroom.

I wouldn't sweat it too much. The whole US national experiment will crash and burn in due time, the trick will be to situate yourself in a financial or geographical place where it doesn't much matter. Just enjoy the ride.

Old 06-14-2015, 06:17 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
A great way for big cities to reduce their crime rates is to send the Criminals to live in the Burbs.

Old 06-14-2015, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
A great way for big cities to reduce their crime rates is to send the Criminals to live in the Burbs.
Section 8, the gift that keeps on giving.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if you could mathematically model Section 8 and the expansion in crime exactly as you might an epidemic. It's probably pretty hard to get Section 8 addresses, so it might be a bit tricky to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies