Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 09:31 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,114,073 times

Advertisements

hahaha!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 09:41 AM

I wonder if the opinion of the OP has changed.

Old 01-09-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
If this actually came to pass and they were nominated, King Hillary would bust a bag. JEB would sob.

Donald Trump says he wants Oprah Winfrey as his running mate in campaign to become Republican presidential candidate

Next president & VP of USA?

I'd vote for them.
me too

Old 01-09-2018, 11:29 AM

29,570 posts, read 9,802,890 times
Quote:
If this actually came to pass and they were nominated, King Hillary would bust a bag. JEB would sob.

Donald Trump says he wants Oprah Winfrey as his running mate in campaign to become Republican presidential candidate

Next president & VP of USA?

I'd vote for them.
I don't know if you are serious, but the two represent such opposing points of view, to even suggest such a thing seems to be more of the same sort of rationale; inexplicably promoting dysfunction and making no sense, politically or otherwise!

Won't even get into how Americans can go on about the importance of being qualified to be POTUS, but dangle a little Hollywood fame in the mix, and suddenly we're on that band wagon like a dog in training that suddenly spots a squirrel.

PS: Trump says he can beat Oprah. Now there's a real surprise coming from our stable genius. What Trump wants is more reality TV type attention that Trump pursues like an addict pursues the next fix. Oprah would team up with Trump about as soon as Hell freezes over. You might as well imagine Hillary as Trump's next running mate!

All great entertainment though!

Heavy drama, horror, comedy..., I'm not sure, but keeps you watching! No doubt about that!

Old 01-09-2018, 11:35 AM

45,755 posts, read 27,404,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I don't know if you are serious, but the two represent such opposing points of view, to even suggest such a thing seems to be more of the same sort of rationale; inexplicably promoting dysfunction and making no sense, politically or otherwise!

Won't even get into how Americans can go on about the importance of being qualified to be POTUS, but dangle a little Hollywood fame in the mix, and suddenly we're on that band wagon like a dog in training that suddenly spots a squirrel.

PS: Trump says he can beat Oprah. Now there's a real surprise coming from our stable genius. What Trump wants is more reality TV type attention that Trump pursues like an addict pursues the next fix. Oprah would team up with Trump about as soon as Hell freezes over. You might as well imagine Hillary as Trump's next running mate!

All great entertainment though!

Heavy drama, horror, comedy..., I'm not sure, but keeps you watching! No doubt about that!
Go back to when the thread was started... nobody knew what Trump was going to do politically... many thought he was a front for the Democrats.

I didn't think he wanted to win.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:37 AM

9,915 posts, read 9,641,671 times
Nah, if Oprah would win as president, what would Stedman be? the First Lady? No I think that would go to Gayle, her BFF.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Go back to when the thread was started... nobody knew what Trump was going to do politically... many thought he was a front for the Democrats.

I didn't think he wanted to win.
Don't need to. I was following along before Trump became POTUS, all the way back to when he ran the first time...

All I'm doing is noticing all the more what rationale seems to run consistently with the hardcore Trump supporters. Hard to know what to make of the unwavering Trump enamoration even as week after week we witness a POTUS acting like a child on so many levels. The ongoing penchant for dysfunction among his supporters regardless where it takes us, regardless what we learn more and more about those even working for him in the White House -- a mess.

All again to say, dark drama, horror or comedy, hard to know or describe exactly, but entertaining as real life can often be well beyond fiction.

Stay tuned and hang on to your seats. Tomorrow's episode should also be a doozy!

Old 01-09-2018, 11:45 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,115,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Nah, if Oprah would win as president, what would Stedman be? the First Lady? No I think that would go to Gayle, her BFF.
Not only would Winfrey be the first woman president, she is unmarried to boot. A black, single, woman president. Hoo-boy, conservative heads would be exploding all across the country.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Ahh, you instead want a career politician and to shut down the conversation about anyone else. That is the real problem. Granted that Paul sounds a bit better than the best, but I don't think he has it in him to win the nomination.
What we want is qualified leaders, regardless what experience or walk of life makes them qualified. Right?

Qualified! With the sort of vision that takes us forward, not backward.

We're getting to the point where we all have such want to dis anyone who is "elite," a politician, educated, doesn't look like us, that I don't know what can possibly inspire anyone to get into politics anymore. The minute you are in, next day you are considered part of the establishment or hated by those who don't agree with you, and out with the bath water you go!

While meanwhile, people go on about being "winners" as if "winning" has nothing to do with how we are improving ourselves and our way of government. The "winners" more and more these days, if we're talking about money as usual, the winners are the people making off with all the money while the losers wonder why they don't have enough to pay their bills and take care of their family, even when working very hard and full time.

Old 01-09-2018, 12:00 PM

34,302 posts, read 18,687,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Not only would Winfrey be the first woman president, she is unmarried to boot. A black, single, woman president. Hoo-boy, conservative heads would be exploding all across the country.
Conservatives don't care if she is Black, unmarried, and/or a flaming Lesbian. They care about the horrid, Progressive Obama like agenda, and policies she'd put in place, and the divisive rhetoric, race baiting, and Identity Politics we'd get.

Agenda, politics, policies. Not skin color, race, gender, or sexual orientation. I would take a Black, Female, Lesbian CONSERVATARIAN in a heartbeat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies