Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 12:56 PM

774 posts, read 745,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meyers View Post
I agree that the President is an opportunist on black victimhood, but you couldn't possibly talk about this crime and not mention race. It was a race motivated hate crime. Of course it should be discussed.
There is absolutely no reason why the president would need to mention race. It's not relevant unless his intent was something other than to give condolences to the families of the victims. It was declared a race motivated hate crime before they even knew who and where the guy was at last night. Based on the fact that he was white. Now, it certainly does appear that it was racially motivated and a hate crime but I prefer(red) to wait for the facts.

Last edited by sspistol; 06-18-2015 at 01:15 PM.. Reason: trying to make my words smaller for the slow kids on the board today.

Old 06-18-2015, 12:56 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
What's sad is that you & others take this tragic event & passively aggressively blame it on the president. Maybe think about the victims.
Whether that is what TT was doing or not, it has nothing to do with my point.

I clearly don't blame Obama for what happened, as that is reserved for the scumbag alone.
However love or hate him, Obama is the current POTUS, and he needs to be above the fray, especially at a tragic time like this.
Sadly he just does not have it in him, and his speech a few hours ago just goes to prove it.

Old 06-18-2015, 12:57 PM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
What's sad is that you & others take this tragic event & passively aggressively blame it on the president. Maybe think about the victims.
I'm not blaming the event on the President but he lives for events like this to make his political points. Of course I feel sad for the victims, just as I do when many white people are victimized by black thugs.

Last edited by Tall Traveler; 06-18-2015 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: spelling

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
He's blinded by his ideology. So blinded that he doesn't realize when he speaks about race issues, race relations get worse, and when he speaks about gun control, gun sales go through the roof.

He needs to speak on the issue of evil within the heart of all people, but he's blind to it, like I said. (It's not guns, or race that are the problem; it takes wisdom to see that though).

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspistol View Post
There is absolutely no reason why the president would need to mention race. It's not relevant unless his intent was something other than to give condolences to the families of the victims. It was declared a race motivated hate crime before they even knew who and where the guy was at last night. Based on the fact that he was white. Now, it certainly does appear that it was racially motivated and a hate crime but I prefer waiting for the facts.
Love your user name.....

It was called a hate crime based on the witness testimony, you know because he SAID he was killing them because they were black. Capiche? Do you need this explained further?

Old 06-18-2015, 12:58 PM

520 posts, read 532,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspistol View Post
There is absolutely no reason why the president would need to mention race. It's not relevant unless his intent was something other than to give condolences to the families of the victims. It was declared a race motivated hate crime before they even knew who and where the guy was at last night. Based on the fact that he was white. Now, it certainly does appear that it was racially motivated and a hate crime but I prefer waiting for the facts.
*rolls his eyes* I suppose there's another plausible explanation? If you need more than what's been released now, then you might be clinically stupid. It's a hate crime.

Old 06-18-2015, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
It is threads like this that have earned CD forums the nickname Stormfront Lite.
I was about to comment, but see you are a newbie poster, likely a newbie race troll, so I will not dignify your post with a explanation.
Then again you can read my other responses to educate yourself, if you are not the type of poster I speculated you might be.

`

Old 06-18-2015, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
He's blinded by his ideology. So blinded that he doesn't realize when he speaks about race issues, race relations get worse, and when he speaks about gun control, gun sales go through the roof.

He needs to speak on the issue of evil within the heart of all people, but he's blind to it, like I said. (It's not guns, or race that are the problem; it takes wisdom to see that though).
Exactly, and he is not alone. His closest advisors must either be in lock step with him, or cannot convince him how to give an appropriate speech without injecting race or politics into it.
As I said in the opening post, let him rant about race and gun control all he wants at another time. However this is a time for healing, proper mourning of the victims, and time for a proper burial.

Old 06-18-2015, 01:05 PM

733 posts, read 853,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The shooter told the people he was killing them because they were black and "had to go". How do you discuss it and not mention race?
It's a MENTAL ILLNESS situation.

Where is any help for the mentally ill and the families of mentally ill people, who KNOW their loved one is mentally ill but can't get any help for them?

How about the President address THAT instead of casting it as racial? It's mentally ill people in these mass shootings. The Virginia Tech shooter, his victims were mainly white and he was very jealous of them and envious in his diatribe, talking about their expensive watches and so forth, but it wasn't a racial crime. His mental illness had targeted them.

I'm trying to get across that the mentally ill are not getting the help they need, and it's at a terrible cost to everyone!

Old 06-18-2015, 01:07 PM

774 posts, read 745,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Love your user name.....

It was called a hate crime based on the witness testimony, you know because he SAID he was killing them because they were black. Capiche? Do you need this explained further?
I'm so glad that you like the initials of my first and last name along with my childhood nickname given to me by my beloved grandfather as in "Come here you little pistol."

I'll wait while you take your foot out of your mouth.

No. It's being called a hate crime now based on witness accounts that came out several hours after the shooting. Well before that point last night it was already being called a hate crime based on nothing other than the shooter being white. Assumption v's facts? Do you need more explanation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies