Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 05:12 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times

Advertisements

No he didn't.

Carry on.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 05:24 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Yon need a reading comprehension class. Im not sour about gay marriage being made ok, and have been on record that way for a while. I'm not offended, I'm pissed, about this ridiculous waste of taxpayer money, pandering to a lobby bunch. If people had gotten together and put up some type of display like this in Washington, held a rally, did their cheering and such, on PRIVAtE funds, I wouldn't say a word. M.ore power to ya. For the POTUS to order the White House decked out like this, on tax funding, is just over the top. And, that's hardly an immature opinion. Im not the one that needs to grow up. Look in the mirror.

I don't care a whit if gays get married. But I don't care for my tax dollars being squandered decking out public property to celebrate your ability to do so. How much did this simpering, pandering, gushing little display cost? Enough to fund something a tad more important, I'd wager. Hey! Gays can marry! Great. But pardon me if I don't go all juicy fruit over that, and be OK with the president spending hundreds of thousands of dollars pandering to gays on an issue that just isnt that big a deal.

I thought that gays just wanted to be seen as inside the norm, and be considered equal on the relationship field. Not so glaringly special as to have the president adorn the White House in SPECIAL recognition. Yea, grow up , indeed. You ain't special. Get over yourselves already. That REALLY needs to happen, and garish displays by the president aren't getting his any closer to "equality".
You do realize the White House was not painted like a rainbow? They changed the lights. I'm sure that was a big expenditure.

BTW, marriage equality is a big deal. Maybe not for you. That is okay. If you are going to be upset then be upset over something worthy of being upset about. I'll post a link of where our 2014 taxes went in an easy to read diagram. The military and health take a little more than 50%. The stuff that pops veins in your forehead only accounts for a small percentage of Federal spending. That would include science and changing light bulbs.

Here ya go: https://www.nationalpriorities.org/b...ax-dollars-go/

Old 07-01-2015, 05:34 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
So because he quit the KKK the magical mystery fairy made him a tolerant man? Keep reaching.......
Byrd is dead. It was in all the papers. Was he a tolerant man? He`s dead and I`ve never had a chance to chat with him regarding his tolerance. How about yourself?

Old 07-01-2015, 09:28 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,213 times
He will never be the president of choice of the confederate-flag loving, minority hating, Christian Sharia Law loving, birther Tea Partiers. These are the worst of our citizens.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:51 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
When he painted the white house rainbow colors.
The Great Uniter is the most devisive president ever.
Although I am gay, I did not think it was a wise thing to do.

However, every politician "leaves out" huge segments of his constituents with every decision he makes.

For example, here in Colorado where many issues are split pretty much right down the middle, if a politician goes one way, he leaves out one huge segment of the population. If he goes the other way, he leaves out the other huge segment of the population.

You must be very young...like about 6 years old? Lots of Republican presidents have been very divisive. Lincoln's election literally split the country. Richard Nixon brought us division over Watergate. We Democrats suffered greatly tolerating Reagan. George W. Bush brought of plenty of division.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:56 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Although I am gay, I did not think it was a wise thing to do.

However, every politician "leaves out" huge segments of his constituents with every decision he makes.

For example, here in Colorado where many issues are split pretty much right down the middle, if a politician goes one way, he leaves out one huge segment of the population. If he goes the other way, he leaves out the other huge segment of the population.

You must be very young...like about 6 years old? Lots of Republican presidents have been very divisive. Lincoln's election literally split the country. Richard Nixon brought us division over Watergate. We Democrats suffered greatly tolerating Reagan. George W. Bush brought of plenty of division.
Politics will bring division and this was an important issue for the presidents' base, a landmark event that deserves to be celebrate regardless how many knuckledraggers there are in the country.

He is not some tv show host like Johnny Carson or other who tries to make fun of both sides to stay "neutral".

Old 07-01-2015, 10:14 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
You do realize the White House was not painted like a rainbow? They changed the lights. I'm sure that was a big expenditure.
It's still looked like a clown house.

Last edited by petch751; 07-01-2015 at 11:16 PM..

Old 07-01-2015, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Gays do not own the rainbow.. it is a flag of many colors , that is it.

The rainbow is a covenant sign given by God to tell the people he will not let it rain for 40 days again.

But he can shake the earth, send in plagues, and cause havoc upon the earth if he wants to. He owns it and he can do what he wants. Flatten the mountains , send the stars upon the earth or turn the lights off.

Oh, so Christians own the rainbow?

Old 07-01-2015, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Yon need a reading comprehension class. Im not sour about gay marriage being made ok, and have been on record that way for a while. I'm not offended, I'm pissed, about this ridiculous waste of taxpayer money, pandering to a lobby bunch. If people had gotten together and put up some type of display like this in Washington, held a rally, did their cheering and such, on PRIVAtE funds, I wouldn't say a word. M.ore power to ya. For the POTUS to order the White House decked out like this, on tax funding, is just over the top. And, that's hardly an immature opinion. Im not the one that needs to grow up. Look in the mirror.

I don't care a whit if gays get married. But I don't care for my tax dollars being squandered decking out public property to celebrate your ability to do so. How much did this simpering, pandering, gushing little display cost? Enough to fund something a tad more important, I'd wager. Hey! Gays can marry! Great. But pardon me if I don't go all juicy fruit over that, and be OK with the president spending hundreds of thousands of dollars pandering to gays on an issue that just isnt that big a deal.

I thought that gays just wanted to be seen as inside the norm, and be considered equal on the relationship field. Not so glaringly special as to have the president adorn the White House in SPECIAL recognition. Yea, grow up , indeed. You ain't special. Get over yourselves already. That REALLY needs to happen, and garish displays by the president aren't getting his any closer to "equality".
1. How much did it cost?
2. How do you know it was paid for by the federal government?

Old 07-01-2015, 11:02 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
1. How much did it cost?
2. How do you know it was paid for by the federal government?
It costs nothing, actually. The White House already has LED lighting that can be easily set to any color they want. It's how they turn it pink for breast cancer awareness every year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies