Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 01:16 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,646,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
wow the sourness is strong with this one !!

Seriously right wingers drop the drama queen act again we get it anything this president says or does your against. Anything most of the people in this country want is wrong as it is not what YOU want. Seriously grow up and enough with being a bunch of whiny babies!
Yon need a reading comprehension class. Im not sour about gay marriage being made ok, and have been on record that way for a while. I'm not offended, I'm pissed, about this ridiculous waste of taxpayer money, pandering to a lobby bunch. If people had gotten together and put up some type of display like this in Washington, held a rally, did their cheering and such, on PRIVAtE funds, I wouldn't say a word. M.ore power to ya. For the POTUS to order the White House decked out like this, on tax funding, is just over the top. And, that's hardly an immature opinion. Im not the one that needs to grow up. Look in the mirror.

I don't care a whit if gays get married. But I don't care for my tax dollars being squandered decking out public property to celebrate your ability to do so. How much did this simpering, pandering, gushing little display cost? Enough to fund something a tad more important, I'd wager. Hey! Gays can marry! Great. But pardon me if I don't go all juicy fruit over that, and be OK with the president spending hundreds of thousands of dollars pandering to gays on an issue that just isnt that big a deal.

I thought that gays just wanted to be seen as inside the norm, and be considered equal on the relationship field. Not so glaringly special as to have the president adorn the White House in SPECIAL recognition. Yea, grow up , indeed. You ain't special. Get over yourselves already. That REALLY needs to happen, and garish displays by the president aren't getting his any closer to "equality".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 07:45 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,324,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
He's been saying that since he was first elected. He's never been a president for the 49% who didn't vote for him and has spent his entire presidency doing everything but being a leader for the entire country, ignoring what the majority of people want, pushing his parties agenda, blaming everyone but himself for problems he and the Democrats caused.

“elections have consequences and, in case there was any doubt, “I won.” Since day 1 Obama has been saying he wasn't the president for 50% of Americans.
That's an outright lie. If you think it's not, then it should be easy for you can find a video to prove he said he was only president to 50% of Americans. Obama's not a perfect president---none of them are---but he's done a darn good job considering the challenges our country has faced starting with the banking crisis on day one. And considering he's had to work with a bunch of do-nothing Republicans whose only goal for four years was to make Obama a one term president and we all know how that turned out.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:51 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,768,529 times
Obama said I am not your president to 50% of Americans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
That's an outright lie.
No it isn't a lie. Obama has attacked people like me since he was elected. He's gives government credit for doing something they did not do, he's demanded and taken more of my money, he's said I believe things that are not true and lets not forget that he lies to get his laws passed. No this is not a president that has the American's people at heart, he's not the president of all Americans. He's the president of people who want a hand out.

The stupidity of the American voter.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:51 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,663,797 times
you people are insane...lol

Old 06-30-2015, 07:53 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,839,557 times
No surprise here...nothing to see...move along.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:53 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,100,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
When he painted the white house rainbow colors.
The Great Uniter is the most devisive president ever.
They don't want him as a president anyway, so why complain? Does that 50% just love being miserable? Complain when he is their president, complain when he says he isn't. Will nothing make you all happy?

Old 06-30-2015, 08:02 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,324,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Yon need a reading comprehension class. Im not sour about gay marriage being made ok, and have been on record that way for a while. I'm not offended, I'm pissed, about this ridiculous waste of taxpayer money, pandering to a lobby bunch. If people had gotten together and put up some type of display like this in Washington, held a rally, did their cheering and such, on PRIVAtE funds, I wouldn't say a word. M.ore power to ya. For the POTUS to order the White House decked out like this, on tax funding, is just over the top. And, that's hardly an immature opinion. Im not the one that needs to grow up. Look in the mirror.
Yes, reading is fundamental. If you did some you'd know that Valerie Jarett organized the light show and arranged for it to be paid for by LGBT organizations to avoid the tax payer debate that you are trying to have. So can we count on you to un-p**s yourself and calm down? Valerie Jarrett Organized White House Rainbow Lights - Breitbart

Old 06-30-2015, 08:04 AM

14,485 posts, read 11,297,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
The majority of Americans like rainbows, some even believe there is a pot of gold at the end of them.
Was that a slam on the Irish?

Old 06-30-2015, 08:06 AM

14,485 posts, read 11,297,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
They don't want him as a president anyway, so why complain? Does that 50% just love being miserable? Complain when he is their president, complain when he says he isn't. Will nothing make you all happy?
What about those of us who like the color violet?

Old 06-30-2015, 08:07 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,991,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Get over it.
Why, because the President of the United States chose to light up the WH, which belongs to ALL of us, to support a stance that some don't agree with? An action that has NEVER been done before, for any holiday or ruling. So yea, I think folks have a right to get a little peeved that Obama, once again, did something childish and partisan. But it's what we've come to expect from him. And his puppet master, Jarrett.

I hope he takes this opportunity to light the WH up with red, white and blue this year. I'm sure he will, won't he?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies