Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 06:34 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is for anyone who feels it was important to point out the race of the persons who did this.

Okay, these were Black people who did this. If people of any other race did this, would you still point out their race?

Even better, if it is so important to point out that these were Blacks doing this, what is the whole point of pointing it out? What good is it doing? What exactly do you want?

This is where I'm coming from. Usually, when I hear of those constantly complaining about Black people, I have to consider that said persons want to bring certain policies back, that would be detrimental to someone like me.
The reason for pointing this out is to bring awareness that this is behavior is gaining steam among a certain demographic.
If a light is not shined on this type of criminal behavior, then it will continue to only get worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 06:39 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
I was talking only of things you have stated,you the individual. And of individual posts. I address the individual, and I expect others to do the same. I am not the one making comments regarding "White Supremacy" and "White Privilege". In fact, if you look at every post I've made in this thread, not once have I made an excuse for those criminals.
I'm not talking about you specifically, but it seems like you are trying to enforce PC. Anyway, you're not going to be able to stop the progressive side from using "white supremacy" and "white privilege" and painting with a broad brush, so it's unreasonable to expect the other side to not defend.

Quote:
So what if people are saying "don't blame the whole race"? Said persons have a
point. Why should the whole race be blamed for the actions of some underclass
criminals?
There's nothing wrong with that per se. But when it doesn't go both ways, and when people act like an united identity group that doesn't take responsibility for the actions of their members, then it's kind of pointless. I'm not saying you don't specifically hold them accountable.

Quote:
Furthermore, what is it that you want, if you are going to keep bringing up that these were Blacks doing it? What do you want?
I want the progressives to stop blaming the entire white race for ALL claimed disparate outcomes and behavior, conduct and attitudes of blacks or nonwhites, and stop alleging "white supremacy" and "white privilege" to explain all outcomes with the goal to make most whites inferior and underprivileged. And stop enforcing PC. Then no one would have cause to respond with criticism.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:42 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
The reason for pointing this out is to bring awareness that this is behavior is gaining steam among a certain demographic.
If a light is not shined on this type of criminal behavior, then it will continue to only get worse.
Believe me it's been "shined" over and over. It hasn't stopped it. Why should a Black criminal been treated any worse or better than a criminal of any other race? I mean, we have a justice system. You do the crime you do the time. What more is wanted beyond that?

I ask because at the end of the day, I have me to look after.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:43 PM

Quote:
The amount of damage and chaos caused was very grave, and some looting was happening during the riots as well. Mass violence is mass violence. My main question is this. What is the whole point of pointing out that Blacks did it? Is the whole idea to say "Blacks are a menace to society"? What is the end goal here? No one does anything without a reason or an end goal. People point things out for a reason.
The point is that organized flash mob violence through social media is gaining momentum. It is becoming weekend entertainment for these kids. The more people that engage in each of these incidents, the less chance of individuals getting caught. Impromptu celebrations that get out of hand after world championship sporting events are not opportunists that only want to benefit themselves by stealing. And they certainly aren't about attacking another race. By the way, these celebrations are multi racial.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I'm not talking about you specifically, but it seems like you are trying to enforce PC. Anyway, you're not going to be able to stop the progressive side from using "white supremacy" and "white privilege" and painting with a broad brush, so it's unreasonable to expect the other side to not defend.

There's nothing wrong with that per se. But when it doesn't go both ways, and when people act like an united identity group that doesn't take responsibility for the actions of their members, then it's kind of pointless. I'm not saying you don't specifically hold them accountable.

I want the progressives to stop blaming the entire white race for ALL claimed disparate outcomes and behavior, conduct and attitudes of blacks or nonwhites, and stop alleging "white supremacy" and "white privilege" to explain all outcomes with the goal to make most whites inferior and underprivileged. And stop enforcing PC. Then no one would have cause to respond with criticism.
If what you want is for the progressives to stop blaming the entire White race, then say so. Don't go on a rant complaining about Black people. Doing so isn't logical, and it distracts from what you are going for.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:48 PM

Quote:
The point is that organized flash mob violence through social media is gaining momentum. It is becoming weekend entertainment for these kids. The more people that engage in each of these incidents, the less chance of individuals getting caught. Impromptu celebrations that get out of hand after world championship sporting events are not opportunists that only want to benefit themselves by stealing. And they certainly aren't about attacking another race. By the way, these celebrations are multi racial.
Then talk about the flash mob violence. Talk about that, and that alone. Pointing to the individuals being Black has not stopped it from happening. How do you stop the actual ACTIONS from taking place?

And one ought to be just as concerned about celebrations getting out of hand. Why? Alot of damage comes from it. It doesn't matter that they were celebrating. If people start fires, mob buses and destroy other people's property, hold them accountable and find ways to prevent this from happening.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:52 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
The point is that organized flash mob violence through social media is gaining momentum. It is becoming weekend entertainment for these kids.
And they probably feel justified in doing it as racial payback after hearing lies about white on black violence 24/7 from the media.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:53 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
If what you want is for the progressives to stop blaming the entire White race, then say so. Don't go on a rant complaining about Black people. Doing so isn't logical, and it distracts from what you are going for.
I did say so, because blacks are the progressives too, and foot soldiers in the progressive's "army". I constantly see black people too blame all whites for all black outcomes, behavior, conduct and attitude and not take personal responsibility or accountability. I don't blame blacks who do not do this but I rarely knew one or a few that didn't.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:54 PM

When any particular demographic shows a pattern of criminal behavior, it is relevant.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
And they probably feel justified in doing it as racial payback after hearing lies about white on black violence 24/7 from the media.
Nope I'm pretty sure they are just opportunist thugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies