Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2015, 10:36 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
He's from Michigan, a state that entered the Union as a free state and was on the side of the Union. He can't used the "it's my southern heritage" excuse.
Based on the whole aesthetic of his music, I assumed he was a product of the Hillbilly Highway, a migration of Appalachians from the South to cities like Dayton, Toledo, and Detroit. It is possible that his ancestors were in Kentucky or Tennessee during the civil war like tens of thousands of people in modern Detroit.

Or maybe he is not, but whatever, if Kid Rock wants to defend his display of the Confederate flag, let him. Freedom of speech and all that. If you want to burn Kid Rock records in the town square, you can go ahead and do that too. History probably wouldn't look kindly on either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2015, 10:39 AM

5,407 posts, read 3,603,907 times
I have never heard of Kid Rock, but if anyone wants to fly a flag that is their decision it shouldn't be anyone else's business.

Old 07-12-2015, 11:37 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
I have never heard of Kid Rock, but if anyone wants to fly a flag that is their decision it shouldn't be anyone else's business.
Agreed. +1

It is just that some cannot abide others having personal freedom.

Old 07-12-2015, 12:19 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
I don't really give a flyin flip if kid rock wants to fly an ISIS flag. It's called freedom of speech and freedom of expression. If he does, then I won't buy his music, but I wouldn't have anyway...

Old 07-12-2015, 12:37 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
National Action Network tried to get GM and the Detroit Historical Museum to back off and not support Kid. They both said "no dice". Good.

General Motors asked to stop supporting Kid Rock by National Action Network | MLive.com

Kid Rock has done some pretty great things for Detroit and Michigan - I would say MUCH more than Sharpton has ever done.
That would amount to anything positive.

Old 07-12-2015, 12:54 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,686 times
Leftist neo-fascism is making this country painfully, unbearably PATHETIC.

Personally hope America crumbles to the point of lawlessness so we can reset, start over and get back to our own problems and no more left wing neofascism.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:02 PM

6,848 posts, read 7,995,391 times
Wannabe bad boy acting out.

Old 07-12-2015, 03:26 PM

3,124 posts, read 2,070,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Leftist neo-fascism is making this country painfully, unbearably PATHETIC.

They are self-loathing misanthropes under the delusion that they will emerge unscathed.

Old 07-12-2015, 03:28 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,609,858 times
I think many of the posts here are missing the point since Kid Rock being the one saying this is almost irrelevant.

There is a certain attention seeking personality who, if told that a symbol is offensive, racist, or gets wind of the sentiment telling them not to do something because it's inappropriate, will flaunt that symbol as an act of rebellion because that's their nature.

It's the same people who will make their car or stereo louder and drive through a quiet neighborhood at midnight just to annoy people, be contrary just because a political figure they disagree with is frowning on something, or flaunt a symbol because "If you tell me I shouldn't have this flag because it's racist or not politically correct, I'll show you. I'll fly 2 of 'em on the back of my pickup and one on my shirt that will SHOW YOU politically correct eggheads!!! Yeah, I'll win this debate!!" They'll do this even if they were indifferent to it before the controversy started or even if they never would have considered doing so before all the media attention was focused on the issue.

Old 07-12-2015, 04:15 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,938,955 times
If he likes the flag and you don't like him liking it....do what he said....kiss his a--"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies