Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 02:09 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times

Advertisements

I think it's probably a pretty good place. they illegally send the bottom of the barrel to this country to drive down our wages, and they sell their cash crops here. I bet life in mexico isn't half bad. it's probably like some of the nicer areas in the US, except with less mexicans.

Old 07-15-2015, 02:09 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballdude39 View Post
You might say different cultures.

But Mexican people are supposedly very hard working.
Major corruption within the government..

Old 07-15-2015, 02:19 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
I have spent a great deal of time in Mexico in the past. I had at one time even considered retiring there. Over the last 15-20 years, things have changed significantly there. I won't even go over there to shop anymore and I live just a few miles from the border.

Old 07-15-2015, 03:56 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Really?

The wealthiest, smartest, most cultured ethnic group in Europe, the Germans, succumbed and found themselves taking a blood oath to a man that was a retired corporal from Austria that couldn't even gain entrance into an art school.

Think about it... accomplished German Field Marshalls in the Prussian Military tradition laid down and took orders from an ex-corporal from a provincial podunk ass country like Austria whose combat experience consisted of running messages from trench to trench in WW1.

Europeans have a history of standing up to elites in power? LMAO...laughable. Europeans have a history of knuckling under to power. Until the French Revolution, they thought swearing an oath to monarchy was noble. Please.

Europe, the land of hereditary succession...where the population could find themselves ruled by a teenager.
I would humbly submit that desperate people are left in the hands of extremists all manner of horror may occur...

such is the kind of history we should be cognizant of if we desire to avoid repeating past mistakes.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:23 PM

23 posts, read 15,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I think it's probably a pretty good place. they illegally send the bottom of the barrel to this country to drive down our wages, and they sell their cash crops here. I bet life in mexico isn't half bad. it's probably like some of the nicer areas in the US, except with less mexicans.
They aren't deliberately sending their bottom of the barrel; contrary to what trump may have said. Mexico has wealthy places and poor places just like any developing country. Present day Mexico may not be as developed as Canada or US, it doesn't mean their all living in mud huts and riding donkeys - though some areas you may see that. As for the illegals in the US, well I'm afraid your politicians are responsible for that -both republicans and democrats- perhaps you should start asking accountability from them. Want to stop illegal immigration, go after the business that hire them, instead of belittling them and in turn their descendants -cause not all of mexicans are illegal.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I have spent a great deal of time in Mexico in the past. I had at one time even considered retiring there. Over the last 15-20 years, things have changed significantly there. I won't even go over there to shop anymore and I live just a few miles from the border.
All thanks to the war on drugs by the US government ;they have exacerbated the problem.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Yes, the bamboo huts and spears developed by the rest of the world prove how inferior the European's are.
Civilization has been built on top of previous ones, every race/culture has had and advance (in their time) civilization, There are only less than five civilizations that have come to be by themselves from no outside help. To say europeans are better that any other ethnic group is being a tad bit fallacious and a bit eurocentric.

Old 07-15-2015, 08:35 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
What's with all the Europhobia? No Europe, no rye bread. No Swiss Cheese. No lasagna. No powdered wigs.

No, wait. Forget the wigs.

Old 07-15-2015, 08:39 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
The US and Canada were founded by settlers from Western Europe. As much as some hate to admit, Europe was the most advanced part of the world at the time and the settlers brought those advances with them. Although Spain was advanced, it was more interested in plunder than nation building so the conquistadors just pillaged most of central america.

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The US and Canada were founded by settlers from Western Europe. As much as some hate to admit, Europe was the most advanced part of tge world at the time and the settlers brought those advances with them. Although spain was advanced, it was more interested in plunder than nation buikding so the conquistadors just pillaged most of central america.
But the Spanish invaders intermarried with the indigenous people, while the northern Europeans often engaged in genocide. In addition, the Spanish-influenced colonial regimes also established more enlightened policies regarding slavery, granting recognized human status to slaves, while slaveholders in the north instituted a cruel regimen of chattel slavery, consigning those in bondage to the status of property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies