Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 12:59 PM

847 posts, read 767,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westboundrambler View Post
most people who watch the NBA are black, what's there to talk about?
LOL!!!! What!!!

The NBA is the most popular sports league after soccer in the World. People all over the world watch it.

It is hardly a black only-watching event.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 01:04 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Why liberals refuse to talk about diversity in NBA?
Because you're focusing on the wrong color. The color you should be focusing on is gold.

[and the NBA goose lays a lot of eggs]

Old 07-14-2015, 01:05 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
But that's an illogical comparison. There are a few hundred spots in the NBA.

The NBA isn't run by black men. These dynamics change everything.

This means a small group of very tall men, playing a pro sport run by white men.

Doesn't compare to our economy and 100's of millions of jobs or an industry with millions of jobs where we see consistent patterns of racial disparity against a group of Americans that we know for a fact faced racial discrimination for most of this nation's history as official government policy.

I mean can we be just a little reality based and honest when discussing these issues.
I really don't know exactly what I posted so offensive that I deserve the last paragraph.

Is it really that offensive to say white and Asian men earned it in tech field? Seriously?

Old 07-14-2015, 01:07 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,327,909 times
Quote:
What are they afraid of? Why is this not in the news?
I'm more than happy to talk about it.

What do you suggest a mandatory quota of white players (by the way any quota system based upon race is unconstitutional even for black folks)?

Old 07-14-2015, 01:12 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,327,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think white and Asian men earned their position in tech companies, just like black men earned it in NBA.
Here is the thing, while I will not begrudge the academic or work ethic of any group, but unlike sports, there are very few professions where hiring can be based upon purely objective criteria which is why I question the diversity of the tec companies and not the NBA.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:13 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Quote:
If we have to include all employees, then the discussion should be centered around wage equality. Why should the players make so much more than a janitor?
You'll get your wage equality in the NBA as soon as people start paying hundreds and thousands of dollars a year to watch custodians mop floors and clean toilets.
Quote:
Because NBA is racist!!!
And what about the NHL?

This thread cannot be real.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:14 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,442,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
You'll get your wage equality in the NBA as soon as people start paying hundreds and thousands of dollars a year to watch custodians mop floors and clean toilets.

And what about the NHL?

This thread cannot be real.

OK, ok seriously though. Nobody watches the NHL. I mean come on.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:18 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Here is the thing, while I will not begrudge the academic or work ethic of any group, but unlike sports, there are very few professions where hiring can be based upon purely objective criteria which is why I question the diversity of the tec companies and not the NBA.
Okay fair enough.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:19 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
OK, ok seriously though. Nobody watches the NHL. I mean come on.
The nhl is actually the most diverse professional sport attacking people from scores of countries in large quantities to play at a professional level.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:20 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,048,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsami View Post
LOL!!!! What!!!

The NBA is the most popular sports league after soccer in the World. People all over the world watch it.

It is hardly a black only-watching event.
Ok, well it's the 3rd most popular in the U.S, so too bad. I work in sports merch, so pretty much everyone I come into contact with is a a sports fanatic.

9/10 watch the NFL
8/10 watch MLB
8/10 watch NCAA football
6/10 watch NCAA basketball
4/10 watch NHL
2/10 watch NBA

maybe it's popular in other parts of the world, but here MLB and NFL are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger, and here in Michigan the NHL is way bigger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies