Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 01:17 AM

22,463 posts, read 11,986,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Hardly a deflection, I just don't buy into this fear of black and brown people the right seem to have.
Yet you, no doubt, live in an all white neighborhood, correct? Let me guess---you love those "co-exist" bumper stickers and think that other people should be co-existing but not you, correct?

One thing I've noticed about libs---they love those "co-exist" stickers but they don't "co-exist" but expect others to do so. If others don't want to "co-exist", the libs scream "racists!". In other words, do as I say, not as I do.

You also know darn well that it is NOT "fear of black and brown people". Rather, it is an class issue. Most people don't mind if they have neighbors that are a different race, religion or ethnicity as long as said neighbors are clean, quiet and law-abiding.

It concerns people when Section 8 housing is forced on them---especially when there are no mechanisms in place to screen the Section 8 tenants. Instead, all that's required is for Section 8 applicants to prove their income makes them eligible for such housing. There is no screening as for criminal records.

We had to rent out our house for 3 years and worked with a property management company. As part of the paperwork, we were given a form asking if we wanted to rent to a Section 8 tenant, we said "no". The property manager told us that in some jurisdictions, landlords are forced to take Section 8 tenants if one shows up and wants to rent the house.

So, answer this honestly---how would you like it if your neighborhood had lots of Section 8 housing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 02:47 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,190 times
If you can't bring people out of poverty and slums, expand poverty and slums into the rest of America.

No charge for reading between the lines of his policy.

Now we know why he wanted control over the Census directly inside the WH.

Old 07-20-2015, 04:19 AM
mm4 mm4 started this thread

5,711 posts, read 3,977,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
This "secret" database is actually a public GIS database.

The article in the OP is suspicious being it cites no particular source for its information. All of the "data" it is trying to sensationalize had been compiled in specific databases for many years and all public compiled data of this nature is not "secret" and is available to be accessed by the public.
The author is a Hoover fellow who cites the exact sources for his information, even what the databases are called. He also states clearly that the resources are publicly accessible and in a format described with every synonym other than "GIS."

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Also, I work in the housing industry. HUD is not forcing local authorities to change their zoning laws to build subsidized housing in affluent, majority white areas. HUD does not have any authority or jurisdiction on local zoning laws. Housing authorities, which are grantees of HUD (they run the federal subsidized housing programs) are local entities that can petition local zoning boards. Most of them today do so in order to build mixed use/mixed income apartment communities like these:

http://www.aerialelectric.com/wp-con...xed-income.jpg

http://assets.inhabitat.com/wp-conte...barch-ed01.jpg

http://prospectprop.com/images/ACC1.jpg

The zoning requests are usually to build building with more than 4 stories in a single family home zoned neighborhood or to allow a commercial business in an area zoned "residential" or vice versa. Many places that are zone "commercial" or "industrial" are petitioned to be rezoned to "residential/commercial" in order to build mixed use communities.
You're steering clear of the central thesis that under this initiative, invasive information is going to be available at such a fine grained resolution as to allow NGO nitpickers to zoom in on Zip Codes that don't meet their standards and then petition the feds that federal grant money be forfeited to whole municipalities if not each Zip Code is desegregated--if HUD doesn't beat them to the punch--and possible lawsuits can be perennially filed by either the feds or those NGOs if it's determined that housing discrimination is occuring in each Zip Code, including if amenities don't follow the new infill.

If HUD can't force zoning, it can coordinate to withhold federal funding until such changes are made. It or the SJWs in league with it can also potentially sue.

Endless haranguing of municipalities of any size if the skin colors don't add up inside even each Zip demarcated corner of them.

Provided the information available from this expensive, invasive set of databases assembled by social engineers using public money, troublemakers will either have forcibly imposed ongoing, 24-hour comingling of class at the neighborhood level, at astronomical expense to taxpayers as well as to private enterprise of any scale, who will be coerced into rezoning, then buying property (and services), for the scattered projects at every locale--or they won't stop trying to.

Last edited by mm4; 07-20-2015 at 05:13 AM..

Old 07-20-2015, 05:40 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,541,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Yet you, no doubt, live in an all white neighborhood, correct? Let me guess---you love those "co-exist" bumper stickers and think that other people should be co-existing but not you, correct?

One thing I've noticed about libs---they love those "co-exist" stickers but they don't "co-exist" but expect others to do so. If others don't want to "co-exist", the libs scream "racists!". In other words, do as I say, not as I do.
Exactly right. Moving to Portland reeks of hypocrisy. Especially for an OFA poster.

Old 07-20-2015, 07:53 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,933,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I think the ultimate goal is to spread the people out so that there are no more ghettos.

So instead of jacked up cars in one neighborhood you'll see them all over town
Along with our government bringing people in to live in these places. Be one thing if we were dealing with all American people, but we are not!

Old 07-20-2015, 07:59 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,933,703 times
Quote:

You also know darn well that it is NOT "fear of black and brown people". Rather, it is an class issue. Most people don't mind if they have neighbors that are a different race, religion or ethnicity as long as said neighbors are clean, quiet and law-abiding.

It concerns people when Section 8 housing is forced on them---especially when there are no mechanisms in place to screen the Section 8 tenants. Instead, all that's required is for Section 8 applicants to prove their income makes them eligible for such housing. There is no screening as for criminal records.

We had to rent out our house for 3 years and worked with a property management company. As part of the paperwork, we were given a form asking if we wanted to rent to a Section 8 tenant, we said "no". The property manager told us that in some jurisdictions, landlords are forced to take Section 8 tenants if one shows up and wants to rent the house.

So, answer this honestly---how would you like it if your neighborhood had lots of Section 8 housing?
Notice the ones who have these stickers, live in white neighborhoods......and drive a subaru. I have always wondered why they are not being more diverse in the places they choose to shop and live. Bet non of them have been inside a Wal-Mart or a volunteer at a Humane Society for more than one day.

Old 07-20-2015, 07:59 AM

25,842 posts, read 16,521,023 times
They'll use this to blackmail cities into allowing more undesirables into better neighborhoods by withholding federal funds for non-compliance. They just keep trying to beat those square pegs into the round holes.

Old 07-20-2015, 08:02 AM

35,060 posts, read 31,278,237 times
Quote:

One of the best posts I've seen on here. Kudos.

Old 07-20-2015, 08:24 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,460,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Along with our government bringing people in to live in these places. Be one thing if we were dealing with all American people, but we are not!
That is true. DHS resettles refugees and illegals all over the US creating enclaves of segregation.

Old 07-20-2015, 08:31 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,460,154 times
And HUD is getting away from building Sec 8 housing. The move is towards vouchers because vouchers will allow the poor to live wherever they want.

Here's where some poor live in Chicago using their vouchers. Rent is over $3000/month for a 1 bedroom.

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/reale...-from-the-feds
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies