Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 05:23 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times

Advertisements

Well isnt that a fine howdy doody

https://mobile.twitter.com/AP/status...7630457856?p=v

Quote:
The Associated Press
@AP BREAKING: Emails show Russia-linked hackers tried at least 5 times to break into Clinton private server.

4:18 PM - 30 Sep 2015
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 05:25 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Were they able to?

Old 09-30-2015, 05:48 PM

5,522 posts, read 8,776,763 times
...and how many times do you think the U.S. has tried to break into Vladimir Putin's private e-mails? O Kim Jong Un's? or Benjamin Netanyahu's? Probably a lot more than five times.

Point is, everybody does this now, including us. It's the dark side of diplomacy and national (in)security. In our country you hear about these attempts because we have a free press. In other countries they hush it up and the news is suppressed. But cyber-warfare is everywhere and the U.S. certainly does its share.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:48 PM

23,564 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Were they able to?
Are you kidding?

the point is her private email did not have the protection the government system had. If they or someone else broke in or not, HRC put delicate information on the front seat of her car and left the keys in the ignition....maybe she just got lucky as opposed to outwitting russian hackers?

We'll set aside the lies that her email was never hacked. Imagine, her tech support, claimed they were never hacked so obviously they didn't know they were hacked. Generates a lot of confidence in her judgement and management of her techies. Management that would have been cared for by the government system. I mean she said she was so busy with Russia and China and the middle east she didn't have time to use the government system so she decided to heire people and contract work out to create her own system.

Say what???

Right, I was so busy I didn't have time to go to the store to buy a frozen turkey for dinner, so I drove 50 miles and spent a week in the woods to try and shoot a turkey for dinner.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:51 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,449,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101;41394950[B
]...and how many times do you think the U.S. has tried to break into Vladimir Putin's private e-mails? O Kim Jong Un's? or Benjamin Netanyahu's? Probably a lot more than five times.[/b]

Point is, everybody does this now, including us. It's the dark side of diplomacy and national (in)security. In our country you hear about these attempts because we have a free press. In other countries they hush it up and the news is suppressed. But cyber-warfare is everywhere and the U.S. certainly does its share.
Silly response. Vlad doesn't use a private server ... apples and oranges.

El Nox

Old 09-30-2015, 05:53 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Are you kidding?

the point is her private email did not have the protection the government system had. If they or someone else broke in or not, HRC put delicate information on the front seat of her car and left the keys in the ignition....maybe she just got lucky as opposed to outwitting russian hackers?

We'll set aside the lies that her email was never hacked. Imagine, her tech support, claimed they were never hacked so obviously they didn't know they were hacked. Generates a lot of confidence in her judgement and management of her techies. Management that would have been cared for by the government system. I mean she said she was so busy with Russia and China and the middle east she didn't have time to use the government system so she decided to heire people and contract work out to create her own system.

Say what???

Right, I was so busy I didn't have time to go to the store to buy a frozen turkey for dinner, so I drove 50 miles and spent a week in the woods to try and shoot a turkey for dinner.
You are arguing that she was hacked simply because the attempted was made, not because of any actual evidence that she actually was hacked.

But im still wondering what does this matter, since we know for a fact President Obama's government secured email was hacked.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:55 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
They could have just gone to work for the company that "managed" the server. Opps. Maybe they did. LOL

Old 09-30-2015, 05:57 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Are you kidding?

Say what???

So the answer is no, Russia could not hack into Hilary's email.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:00 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post

...and??? Is there a point here?

Russian hackers try to break into many servers. That is what they do.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:21 PM

5,522 posts, read 8,776,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Silly response. Vlad doesn't use a private server ... apples and oranges.

El Nox
And an even sillier response. Unless you're a top KGB agent or sleeping with the ex-Mrs. Putin you have no idea what IT he has at his command.

My point stands. Cyber-warfare is raging and everybody does it -- or tries to. No one should be the least bit surprised that someone tried to hack Hillary, especially since the U.S. is continuously trying to hack everybody else. And the idea that anyone's servers (including the government's) are absolutely unbreachable displays a towering lack of sophistication. With enough time -- and perhaps some inside help -- anybody's system is vulnerable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies